[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 17 18 19 32 Next
I've been looking for some solid updated information on Mystic Ally mechanics -- thank you so much Davlok!

Last I checked on PTR, you can't get the unruned Ally with Inna's 6-piece, even if you equip the unruned version of the skill on your skill bar. I had equipped it hoping that the activation would boost the damage of all allies. I might be mistaken, maybe I just can't tell all those blurry dudes apart but the count of 10 didn't seem to change.

It's very dissapointing that the set that's looking like our only [boring] hope in 2.4 is riddled with bugs and inconsistencies....and the only updates to monks are further nerfs to Static Charge.
Nooo, move the ability copy to SWK so the clones are meaningful! Would fit thematically and give another button for scaling.
Don't waste your time beating a dead horse guy's . You may want to consider using your valuable time on a different class as the dev's have pretty much blatantly , with the repeat of nerfs , demonstrated that they intend the Monk class to be quite weak !
12/02/2015 05:38 AMPosted by Davlok
Would still prefer Inna6 be allies copying our spenders instead of having 10, but that is a different soapbox ^_^

and here i thought i was the only one wanting that >.<
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/19892609581?page=2#40
>.<
Hmm, I trashed my 392 dmg Born's sword, so i can't really test it in a reliable manner. But: Mystic Ally is calculated by mainhand only, isn't it?
12/11/2015 05:12 PMPosted by RiemeKüsu
Hmm, I trashed my 392 dmg Born's sword, so i can't really test it in a reliable manner. But: Mystic Ally is calculated by mainhand only, isn't it?

MA is weird, it "snapshots" your active hand as long as it is active. So if you stood there without attacking, you could always have them attack with your mainhand, but if you attacks and swapped active hands, the allies would also switch. >_>

Also, mini-update to the LPS on 2.4 PTR.

12/15/2015 03:51 AMPosted by Davlok
Quick check this morning, it *SEEMS* looking from the stat details that LPS was fixed, but none of the tooltips agree with each other and I haven't bothered to do actual combat testing to see how much is actually healed:

http://i.imgur.com/kNticpY.png

LPS from Gear + Paragon + Gem only = 165,772.4 (added up with a Ti-85)

LPS shown in stat sheet = 310,495 = (not sure how this is calculated)
LPS shown in tooltip = 165,772.4 (matched Ti-85!!)
Gizzard Shield (LPSx2) shown in tooltip = 310,088 (shield seems to no longer add your paragon LPS)

So looks like a few more LPS calculation fixes/nerfs and a tooltip bug.
Some really great info in this thread -- thanks for all of your work!
BUMP - So I saw that wiz forum has like 3 stickies right there at the top.. How the hell do we go about gettin' that for this one huh ?
2.4 Patch Mechanics Refresher!

Since many monks will be returning to D3 to try out the new items, revamped sets, and new group compositions - summarized some relevant and (hopefully still correct) mechanics below! Most were tested on the last version of the 2.4 PTR, so some fixes may still make the final patch. All the new legendary affix damage bonuses (Bindings of the Lesser Gods, Cesar's, Inna/SWK 6pc, Kyoshiro's Blade, Pinto's Pride, Rivera Dancers, Legacy of Nightmares, Endless Walk, Mantle of Channeling, Oculus) are multiplicative. All the non-legendary affix damage bonuses (Kyoshiro's Soul, Tzo Kirin, Balance, Inna's Reach and Gyana) are additive.

Inna's Set Revamp:
- Up to 10 allies at the same time with 6pc + Crudest Boots
- Mystic Ally damage mechanics: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=17#338
- Enforcer is additive with +% Elemental.
- APS is a ally damage multiplier. (making IAS a good stat)
- Best single target damage element is physical (with TnT), best AoE damage element is Cold

Sunwuko revamp 4pc to 6pc
- TR Mechanics [2.3+]: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=16#302
- Flurry still stacks over 100, but gains stacks independent of APS.
- WoL: unchanged since 2.1 (non-Explosive-Light runes still consist of 3-7 individual attack components)
- LTK: unchanged since 2.1
- EP removed from Sunwuko. (Fist of Az'turrasq now +300% damage)

Uliana Snapshotting:
- 2.3 Reference : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=10#181
- Snap-shotting Mythic Rhythm in 2.4 is still possible,
- EP & MR application & overwrite mechanics remain the same
- Additive damage modifiers (power pylon, assimilation, etc) are now -DYNAMIC- and cannot be snapshot.
- Assimilation bonus is now factored before Uliana 2pc applies EP.

Healing Monks
- Sustenance, Enduring Ally, and Safe Haven LPS reduced from 30% to 7%, Soothing Light removed. Soothing Mist Globe bonus reduced from 25% to 10%.
- LPS formula changed (currently actual LPS in sheet vs tooltips vs shield do not match up on PTR)
- "Double dipping" of runed bonuses removed.
- Gizzard Shield possibly no longer accounting for a few LPS sources (hard to determine if tooltip is accurate or not)
- MoH: Boon of Inspiration and Epiphany: Soothing Mist may be the best options now for healing support monks. (with Istavan's and LoH)

Generator Monks
- Raiment 2pc lowered from 4x to 2x multiplier
- Flying Dragon proc now more effective for Dual Wielders (no longer +1.15 aps, but instead 2x weapon aps)
- Static Charge splash damage reduced from 180% to 40% weapon damage...and now only procs from your attacks (not your pets, follower, or party members)

Area Damage - now working with all Monk multipliers!
- Shenlong 2pc
- Raiment 2pc
- Sunwuko 6pc
- Inna 6pc
- Uliana
- Also works with all other multipliers (BotT, Zei, Endless Walk, BoW, LoN, DibS, etc)
- Mystic Ally attacks also can proc Area Damage (pets)
- Net Damage increase formula = (0.2)*(Total Area Damage)*(# of Monsters - 1)

* - some self-explanatory Testing Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/jpRQ7ao.jpg

Prepare to get AD on a set of weapons, shoulders, and rings for some extra splash!

Keep in mind, most of these mechanics were tested on PTR, and not 2.4 -LIVE- so if you see any inconsistencies, let me know!
Thanks Davlok for testing and reporting!

01/11/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Davlok
All the new legendary affix damage bonuses (Bindings of the Lesser Gods, Cesar's, Inna/SWK 6pc, Kyoshiro's Blade, Pinto's Pride, Rivera Dancers, Legacy of Nightmares, Endless Walk, Mantle of Channeling, Oculus) are multiplicative.

So, in debating between channel shoulders and hexing pants in TR specs, the clear and obvious choice is now Channel shoulders due to multiplicative dmg? Or is Hexing, as a legendary effect, also multiplicative?

All the non-legendary affix damage bonuses (Kyoshiro's Soul, Tzo Kirin, Balance, Inna's Reach and Gyana) are additive.

Balance TR dmg is additive and it's HUGE. >.< Guess I won't feel so bad about dropping all those additive passives. Seize the Initiative looks nice tho, both for dps and obzod procs?
- MoH: Boon of Inspiration and Epiphany: Soothing Mist may be the best options now for healing support monks. (with Istavan's and LoH)

I've seen implications that the healing effect on party members of Boon of Inspiration somehow scales with the monk's attack speed, but as far as I can tell the only effect on party members is to increase their LPH by 20% of the monk's LPH (plus the trivial base amount). Is there any evidence that the monk's attacks are actually effecting any healing on party members with MoH Boon?

Also, what are the mechanics of Soothing Mist? The skill description is strangely worded that the heal effect is triggered by the monk's "abilities", but does this mean it is based on proc coefficients, hits, attacks, or what? And what constitutes an ability? Any use of any skill?
Or is Hexing, as a legendary effect, also multiplicative?

Hexing is additive, it actually shows up in your sheet dps. But it does have the resource bonus!

01/11/2016 08:39 PMPosted by Set
I've seen implications that the healing effect on party members of Boon of Inspiration somehow scales with the monk's attack speed, but as far as I can tell the only effect on party members is to increase their LPH by 20% of the monk's LPH (plus the trivial base amount). Is there any evidence that the monk's attacks are actually effecting any healing on party members with MoH Boon?

Also, what are the mechanics of Soothing Mist? The skill description is strangely worded that the heal effect is triggered by the monk's "abilities", but does this mean it is based on proc coefficients, hits, attacks, or what? And what constitutes an ability? Any use of any skill?

Soothing Mist ICD is 0.5 sec (30 frames) and procs on any attack (supposedly) and Boon of Inspiration is essentially more LPH, so kinda meh too. But if PTR testing is any indication, no version of heal monk is going to be in demand >_<

edit: Vox's testing indicated a 1/APS ICD for Soothing Mist. I uhh... feign laziness ^_^
01/11/2016 09:16 PMPosted by Davlok
Soothing Mist ICD is 0.5 sec (30 frames) and procs on any attack (supposedly)

Are you sure about the Soothing Mist ICD? I did some testing of a heal monk build a few days back on PTR, and the higher my IAS the more I healed. (No Boon of Inspiration)
It procs from any ability as far as I know.

01/11/2016 09:16 PMPosted by Davlok
no version of heal monk is going to be in demand

Kinda have to agree with this point though..
Soothing Mist ICD is 1/APS, and not 0.5s, I'm pretty sure based on my PTR testing.

It is triggered by mantra activations, generator attacks, blind activations, etc.

You can see the heal animation to evaluate both ICD and range quite easily on the numerous injured townsfolk in A3 town.

Soothing Mist is a decent heal, especially with high APS, and especially for melee range characters. It does almost nothing for ranged DH/Wiz since they typically stand outside of Soothing Mist heal range. Same goes for CS:Soothing Breeze, Breath of Heaven, and healing/shielding Inner Sanctuary runes (all of which have exceedingly small ranges).

Mantra effects, MOH shields, MOH passive regen, and MOH LoH bestow are all long range and should affect the bum DH and wizards standing in the back.

For those willing to jump into melee range, Monk offers a lot of survival utility, including much more heal, Inner Sanc toughness (with control impair immunity rune option), and potential freeze/stun APD assist. At range, things really get rough and survival utility offering is very poor.
01/12/2016 12:49 PMPosted by Vox
Soothing Mist ICD is 1/APS, and not 0.5s, I'm pretty sure based on my PTR testing.

Cool. Can you test / verify on live? I haven't been a huge fan of healing for a while so haven't bothered to verify the new healing formula either ^_^;
I verified on live that the Soothing Mist ICD is variable. It's probably 1/APS like most things.

Holding mantra with Soothing Mist active causes a Soothing Mist heal at every mantra activation (0.5s) when over 2.0 APS and every other activation (1.0s) when at ~1.50 APS. I didn't test other/intermediate values, but it is consistent with 1/APS.
Thanks for the testing Vox. Maybe next patch healing monks will be forced to us Breath of Heaven to heal.. and get that old 50 yard radius EoP! ^_^

On that side note, starting to see some monks on non-season leaderboard gearing for Area Damage!
I was wondering a couple things about some skills I was hoping someone could answer. All other things being equal what explodes for more dmg an inna 6 palm with 10 allys or LoN with all ancients? One is 10X and the other is 14x right? so LoN should be more but add shenlongs to inna 6 and it becomes 11X or is shens a seperate multiplier?

Does SW still snapshot? If I wait to use SW until I have CoE and shens up will the multipliers stay until it drops off? Can I re-snapshot it while it is up and at full stacks?
Hi can someone clarify how the decoy damage from SWK set work?

I was thinking of making an Inna's + SWK set. Does the Inna's 6pc affect decoy damage?
Here's the gear I'm thinking:

Inna's: Helm, Chest, Belt, Legs, Weapon
SWK: Shoulders, Neck, Glove
Others: Crude Boots and Bindings of the Lesser Gods
Cube: TNT, Furnace or Vengeful Winds, RORG
Rings: COE + Oculus? or Focus and Restraint?

Also does the respective mystic ally deal their own elemental damage or do they do physical only? How about the decoy?
thx for this tread, Davlok.

tried area damage on inna+shenlong setup, works great. have AD on both fists, shoulders and on compas rose, about 120% total with paragon, completely erasing dencity. did 78 grift, keep trying 80)

and also have a question: trying LoN+WoL explosive light for t10. works perfect most of the time, but there is a bug or smth else, sometimes WoL deals no dmg at all, i place it on mob again and again with no effect, at the same time my mystic allies kills this mob easily. mb some items/skills conflict? my gear http://eu.battle.net/d3/ru/profile/Zt1mQ-2303/hero/71266297