[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 18 19 20 32 Next
01/15/2016 04:35 PMPosted by bsundbdmn
I was wondering a couple things about some skills I was hoping someone could answer. All other things being equal what explodes for more dmg an inna 6 palm with 10 allys or LoN with all ancients? One is 10X and the other is 14x right? so LoN should be more but add shenlongs to inna 6 and it becomes 11X or is shens a seperate multiplier?

Does SW still snapshot? If I wait to use SW until I have CoE and shens up will the multipliers stay until it drops off? Can I re-snapshot it while it is up and at full stacks?

No, SW doesnt' snapshot like in vanilla anymore. CoE is dynamic and can't snapshot.

LoN, Inna 6pc, and Shenlong are all separate multipliers.

01/15/2016 08:18 PMPosted by Thorzz
Also does the respective mystic ally deal their own elemental damage or do they do physical only? How about the decoy?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=17#338 for allies
Decoy just does 500% per sweeping wind stack. Decoy damage is increased by Inna as well ^_^

01/15/2016 10:32 PMPosted by Zt1mQ
works perfect most of the time, but there is a bug or smth else, sometimes WoL deals no dmg at all, i place it on mob again and again with no effect, at the same time my mystic allies kills this mob easily. mb some items/skills conflict?

That issue has come up every now and again, and most likely it is an issue between the client and the server not communicating correctly as it isn't just an issue with WoL, but it the most noticeable. Some used to think it was an issue with Epiphany. Only recommendation I have is to re-position slightly your mouse cursor or force move your monk and hope it lands. >_<

01/11/2016 09:16 PMPosted by Davlok
no version of heal monk is going to be in demand

Over on the Asia servers, GR100 Group was done by Monk, Wiz, Barb, WD (3 support).

The support monk used Transgression and focused on IAS/CDR/Crit to be the support/globe/oculus guy. So support monk is still alive, just not healing so much ^_^
Does SW:Cyclone's twisters contribute to Bane of Stricken stacks?
01/19/2016 07:54 AMPosted by ScavellTane

Nope. Only your actual attacks can gain a BotS stack.

And before anyone asks, Mystic Ally attacks do not gain you stacks, but MA does benefit from any stack you apply ^_^v
So it procs onAttack not onHit? I was thinking of going WotF:HoL and SW:Cyc for mad stack gain.
If its onAttack then I'm better off with FoT.
Hi Davlok, have you tested this monk shenlong fire build using 5-pc Inna and 2-pc Raiment? I was just wondering if you have any link that point me to right direction on this build. Is this currently the best build for dps monk? And is the Compass Rose/Traveler's pledge the only set best to use for this build? Thank you
01/20/2016 01:20 AMPosted by ScavellTane
So it procs onAttack not onHit? I was thinking of going WotF:HoL and SW:Cyc for mad stack gain.
If its onAttack then I'm better off with FoT.

I'm no BotS expert, but the patch notes mention skill-specific attack speed runes now affecting the ICD so FoT would be slightly better for stack gain.

01/20/2016 11:22 AMPosted by MCAM
Hi Davlok, have you tested this monk shenlong fire build using 5-pc Inna and 2-pc Raiment? I was just wondering if you have any link that point me to right direction on this build. Is this currently the best build for dps monk? And is the Compass Rose/Traveler's pledge the only set best to use for this build? Thank you

I don't think monks have a real dps role anymore. If you mean for solo, it is the currently "top" build. It uses CR/TP because Unity+RRG are required. Lots of builds on diablofans.
Does U6 detonate all EP or just the ones that you hit with SSS?
01/22/2016 03:31 AMPosted by ScavellTane
Does U6 detonate all EP or just the ones that you hit with SSS?

Any target hit by SSS that has EP on it is detonated. Depending on what difficulty or GR level you are the chain of EP explosions can clear the screen and seem like all EP's are detonated but it is only the 7 or 14 SSS hits.
Does Mystic Ally melee swing proc Area damage?
01/23/2016 05:07 AMPosted by Kobrakai
Does Mystic Ally melee swing proc Area damage?

Yep:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=18#349

01/11/2016 04:47 PMPosted by Davlok
Area Damage - now working with all Monk multipliers!
- Shenlong 2pc
- Raiment 2pc
- Sunwuko 6pc
- Inna 6pc
- Uliana
- Also works with all other multipliers (BotT, Zei, Endless Walk, BoW, LoN, DibS, etc)
- Mystic Ally attacks also can proc Area Damage (pets)
- Net Damage increase formula = (0.2)*(Total Area Damage)*(# of Monsters - 1)

* - some self-explanatory Testing Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/jpRQ7ao.jpg

Prepare to get AD on a set of weapons, shoulders, and rings for some extra splash!

Kicking myself for salvaging a bunch of AD shoulders last patch -_-
Quick note on 2.4 Vengeful Wind, it does correctly increase the weapon damage dealt of -ALL- sweeping wind runes up to 10 stacks regardless of the tooltip that continues to state weapon damage of '3' stacks.

• Note that tornadoes generated by the Cyclone Rune are still capped at 95% weapon damage
  • Ironically it helps supplement damage of non-Sunwuko builds more than actual Sunwuko builds.
  • Mythic Rhythm does still snapshot into Sweeping Wind for the full duration.
  • 01/19/2016 04:39 PMPosted by Davlok
    01/19/2016 07:54 AMPosted by ScavellTane

Nope. Only your actual attacks can gain a BotS stack.

And before anyone asks, Mystic Ally attacks do not gain you stacks, but MA does benefit from any stack you apply ^_^v

Probably the same goes for Pain enhancer? Crits by MAs doesnt procc the bleeding?
    They do Electrolux: Added a section to the Mystic Pet damage post to clarify the common gem questions:

12/02/2015 05:38 AMPosted by Davlok
    Legendary Gems & Mystic Allies

- Efficacious Toxin = WORKS. MA crits poison, and gain 10% damage increase.
    - Pain Enhancer = WORKS. MA crits bleed, and count towards your blood frenzy.
    - Enforcer = WORKS. MA counts as pets
    - Bane of the Stricken = MA can't gain stacks for you, but do benefit from your stacks.
    - Gogok of Swiftness, Wreath of Lightning, Mirinae - MA hits don't count/proc
    - Zei's Stone of Vengeance - MA can't stun and damage is calculated from the ally.

Did finally stumble across a Torment X Death Breath build that felt more rewarding than LoN Firebells as a result of this random testing. It uses Inna6 with Essence Burn along with In-Geom & Zodiac to just elite hunt and completely ignore most trash mobs, globes, and gold to just get those tasty DBs! Ally Activation pops elite packs pretty fast, and Epiphany teleport using EP kills quite a bit of trash.

Pain Enhancer's IAS boost is amazing for passive ally damage too ^_^
    01/28/2016 05:48 AMPosted by Davlok
    They do Electrolux: Added a section to the Mystic Pet damage post to clarify the common gem questions:

12/02/2015 05:38 AMPosted by Davlok
    Legendary Gems & Mystic Allies

- Efficacious Toxin = WORKS. MA crits poison, and gain 10% damage increase.
    - Pain Enhancer = WORKS. MA crits bleed, and count towards your blood frenzy.
    - Enforcer = WORKS. MA counts as pets
    - Bane of the Stricken = MA can't gain stacks for you, but do benefit from your stacks.
    - Gogok of Swiftness, Wreath of Lightning, Mirinae - MA hits don't count/proc
    - Zei's Stone of Vengeance - MA can't stun and damage is calculated from the ally.

Did finally stumble across a Torment X Death Breath build that felt more rewarding than LoN Firebells as a result of this random testing. It uses Inna6 with Essence Burn along with In-Geom & Zodiac to just elite hunt and completely ignore most trash mobs, globes, and gold to just get those tasty DBs! Ally Activation pops elite packs pretty fast, and Epiphany teleport using EP kills quite a bit of trash.

Pain Enhancer's IAS boost is amazing for passive ally damage too ^_^

Nice, Pain Enhancer is a realy nice option then. If only they wouldn't just stand around most of the time.
    Davlok,

I'm looking forward to using Tempest Rush build to be viable in 2.4, so would like to ask a few question regarding its related item's mechanism.

1. Cesar's Momento: Increased damage for 5 sec, after HIT by stun/blind/freeze.
    a) Does it procs immediately after HIT by CC ?
    b) How long it last ? strictly 5sec or also including CC duration (eg. 6 sec blind = 6+5 = 11sec buffed)
    c) What proc source is available ? Does Ice Ally freezing, blinding flash, on-hit CC (frostburn, blind faith,etc) works ?
    d) How does it works with 2.3 CC changes ? Do it need to be really CCed to increase dmg, or just trying to inflict stun/blind/freeze will increase its dmg ? (max TR dmg optimization)
    ~Like Cord of Sherma will blind minion in the area, but not elites. Does it counts ?

Seems like alot of testing needed, so thanks in advance ^^
    I know that when activating Mystic Ally, your Inna 6pc buff goes down because some allies despawn. However, does this affect the damage from the activation itself (ie, the water waves/fire explosions/earth boulders)?

Also how long does the reduced buff last for? When I checked the duration that the allies were despawned, it looks to be on the order of about 3-8 seconds depending on the ally. That's a rather long time for a build that spams activation -- you can easily reactivate every 2-3 seconds when FD procs.
    02/02/2016 03:12 AMPosted by Bahamut
    1. Cesar's Momento: Increased damage for 5 sec, after HIT by stun/blind/freeze.
    a) Does it procs immediately after HIT by CC ?
    b) How long it last ? strictly 5sec or also including CC duration (eg. 6 sec blind = 6+5 = 11sec buffed)
    c) What proc source is available ? Does Ice Ally freezing, blinding flash, on-hit CC (frostburn, blind faith,etc) works ?
    d) How does it works with 2.3 CC changes ? Do it need to be really CCed to increase dmg, or just trying to inflict stun/blind/freeze will increase its dmg ? (max TR dmg optimization)
    ~Like Cord of Sherma will blind minion in the area, but not elites. Does it counts ?

Seems like alot of testing needed, so thanks in advance ^^

From what I remember testing on PTR:
    a) immediately
    b) from CC start, so 5s
    c) Only your CCs, and procs associated with your monk.
    d) As long as they aren't immune I assume. (so even blinding for .00001 seconds) will give you a 5s window.

02/02/2016 05:40 AMPosted by hong
    I know that when activating Mystic Ally, your Inna 6pc buff goes down because some allies despawn. However, does this affect the damage from the activation itself (ie, the water waves/fire explosions/earth boulders)?

Also how long does the reduced buff last for? When I checked the duration that the allies were despawned, it looks to be on the order of about 3-8 seconds depending on the ally. That's a rather long time for a build that spams activation -- you can easily reactivate every 2-3 seconds when FD procs.

The Inna6 buff is dynamic so the ally active is affected by the number of allies you have out. Problem is with Inna6, I'm not 100% sure if what I think is happening is really happening.

Background: When the Fire Ally splits into 5, all 5 are considered valid allies for the Unity Passive while an Active Earth & Water disappear to Unity passive. (For anyone that remembers the early days when Unity wasn't capped at 20%... #sad)

But I don't really think Inna 6 counts allies the same way Unity passive does thru the mantra requirement, as the majority of the time the earth allies are rolling around after the water and fire allies show back up, we are only down 1x50% from the missing Enduring ally. So after activating 10 allies, I think we have a short time frame when the game thinks we have 17 allies. (That brief window may help boost any EPs for example) As fire clones die off, we spend the next 5 seconds with 9 allies until Enduring comes back.

So I guess to actually answer your question: 5 seconds at 9x50% buff unless you can spam ally active before 5 and kill your other enduring ally for 8x50% buff until the first enduring comes back.
    From what I remember testing on PTR:
    a) immediately
    b) from CC start, so 5s
    c) Only your CCs, and procs associated with your monk.
    d) As long as they aren't immune I assume. (so even blinding for .00001 seconds) will give you a 5s window.

For d)

Goblins are a royal PITA for Cesar's Momento specs because they have full immunity. One of the largest weaknesses for tempest rush farm specs at the moment.
    02/03/2016 05:22 AMPosted by Davlok

The Inna6 buff is dynamic so the ally active is affected by the number of allies you have out. Problem is with Inna6, I'm not 100% sure if what I think is happening is really happening.

Background: When the Fire Ally splits into 5, all 5 are considered valid allies for the Unity Passive while an Active Earth & Water disappear to Unity passive. (For anyone that remembers the early days when Unity wasn't capped at 20%... #sad)

But I don't really think Inna 6 counts allies the same way Unity passive does thru the mantra requirement, as the majority of the time the earth allies are rolling around after the water and fire allies show back up, we are only down 1x50% from the missing Enduring ally. So after activating 10 allies, I think we have a short time frame when the game thinks we have 17 allies. (That brief window may help boost any EPs for example) As fire clones die off, we spend the next 5 seconds with 9 allies until Enduring comes back.

So I guess to actually answer your question: 5 seconds at 9x50% buff unless you can spam ally active before 5 and kill your other enduring ally for 8x50% buff until the first enduring comes back.

(Note that, likely because of not-totally-correct-or-direct information from Quin69, people think that the ENTIRE I6 damage buff goes away when you activate MA. The only loss is the one enduring ally that despawns to fill your life to 100%. You still have at -least- 450% buff while your earth ally is rolling around, and your water ally is causing waves - I know you likely know this Davlok, but many people have claimed the above.)

I play I6 pet almost exclusively, and this seems to coincide with the random "holy *@!& he died faster than expected" moments just after activating ally.

It certainly would more than make up for the loss of that one enduring (and 50%) from activation, if you have the 7 (non-fire) allies + 10 fire allies for those brief few moments. It would also make using your MA active during huge damage increases (like CoE - especially fire), so much more rewarding.

If I can finish my frickin solo-monk speed racer today, I will see if I can test this myself, though I am not someone who does theorycraft and testing directly. I just go with what it looks like through normal play, so if you have tips on that end, I am all for it.