[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 20 21 22 32 Next
When i am wearing Hexing Pants and release the Flurry stacks, is the explosion increased or decreased by the Hexing Pants damage modifier?
u can easy and simply stop casting flurry and still keep moving...works :)

but if stutter moving with non-channeling skills worked until now with those pants then this sure works also
02/22/2016 03:42 AMPosted by Davlok
02/14/2016 05:21 AMPosted by Enoone
TR flury final explosion , know if it also gets the damage buff from APS?

Yep. You want to wait for a FD proc if possible ^_^

02/14/2016 11:29 AMPosted by Fyodor
Does Pain Enhancer's proc help stack Stricken faster? Likewise does flurry's explosion affect Stricken stacks (via feathering force move say every 5 flurry stacks for a while then build up for final boom) and would doing this more often help proc zodiac?

Stricken's ICD works off your sheet APS, so the IAS increase will help. The actual proc won't. As for zodiac, I wouldn't bother trying to time your flurry explosions to manually hit a breakpoint to match the ICD; seems like too much work.

just to add on of what already said Davlok
@Fyodor the thing is TR already does damage 5 times in 1 sec as base, and that helps a lot to ensure you don't lose "many" proc windows if dont' have perfect BP alignment for synchronization

So the Flurry explosion once in 5 sec or once in 50 sec doesn't matters at all ^^ if will add a stack or not based on how many milliseconds ago u procked last time stricken or zodiac ^^
Davlok, since the PTR is up and running is the new R6 bonus additive with the R2 bonus or are they separate multipliers?
Someone knows what is the tick frequency for Sweeping wind passive vortex damage?
Like every 20 frames? 15 or 12? etc
davlock u got familiar with stricken?

i am getting some weird stacking speed from FOF to TR when both in theory should be same because of 12 frames fixated frames
03/10/2016 02:48 PMPosted by Enoone
i am getting some weird stacking speed from FOF to TR when both in theory should be same because of 12 frames fixated frames

Sorry, I have never personally done any testing with Stricken before of after the changes in 2.4 but from what I have read the ICD can't snapshot anymore so if you are using STI or FD, your sheet APS will vary and Stricken will stack at a different rate for those durations.

03/10/2016 06:09 AMPosted by Enoone
Someone knows what is the tick frequency for Sweeping wind passive vortex damage?
Like every 20 frames? 15 or 12? etc

Last I checked it ticks every 30 frames (twice a second), but the damage scales with your attack speed. Wyatt explained it once a while back as "the way the game calculated continuous-damage-over-time effects is to 'batch up' all the damage sweeping wind does over the last 30 frames and displays it as a floating damage number."

03/09/2016 08:15 PMPosted by Khord
Davlok, since the PTR is up and running is the new R6 bonus additive with the R2 bonus or are they separate multipliers?

The are separate multipliers. So 2pc gives you 2x damage, 6pc gives you 4x damage. Of course, at the current R6 gen damage multiples, they just don't seem worth using R6 for generators over I6+R2. The Inna-gen kit has good chunk more toughness with only slightly less generator damage and a little less flexibility (due to needing RRG/favor).

I expect R6's 6pc damage to be buffed before PTR ends. (both DS and generator)
Last I checked it ticks every 30 frames (twice a second), but the damage scales with your attack speed. Wyatt explained it once a while back as "the way the game calculated continuous-damage-over-time effects is to 'batch up' all the damage sweeping wind does over the last 30 frames and displays it as a floating damage number."

Yes but Display floating numbers are different from real ticks of damage

That is why was interested, in their frequency in damage because they are clearly faster then twice in 1 sec looking at health of target losing HP :)

Also for FOF and TR i made sure there where no APS changes ofc wen tested them for striken
Since FOF is good to keep stacks up of SW for Sunwuko up while u consume them with spender that(may not crit) apart of generator build in other sets
And noticed with SW doing damage in passive mode it lowered the stacking speed of FOF
((test with FOF where done simply updating the buff once in 3 sec with generator simply looking at dot behavior))

And with TR was curious if they stacked at same speed like with FOF since in theory both tick at same speed of 12 frames per second(not using light rune ofc that adds extra ticks)
Now that Oculus will be able to proc from our followers in 2.4.1 (barring an 11th hour mortick-change of heart from the devs), did some mechanics testing with Oculus on PTR. It is now a mandatory ring on followers for all classes, and at least for monks, will likely force Cyclone Strike into all non-Tzo builds. I'm sure every other class will make rune adjustments to increase Oculus Ring uptimes. It will also make "weak" add spawning RGs the most sought after I'd wager.

Basics:
+70-85% multiplicative damage increase when standing in the proc area.
- Damage bonus is dynamic and cannot be snapshot.
- Spawn chance is 100% on kill
- Spawn location is randomly spawned on the screen.
- Your Oculus RIng procs from your party member's kills.
- Party member Oculus Rings procs from your kills.
- Follower Oculus Rings procs from your kills (2.4.1 only)
- Pet kills do NOT proc your Follower's Oculus Ring
- Only need to have part of your hitbox inside the area to gain the benefit.
- Multiple overlapping zones DO NOT stack.
- "Strongest" overlapping zone does not take precedent (and apparently alternates every few frames)

Screenshot of Testing = http://i.imgur.com/vir5vn2.jpg

Control Test #s
--1--
2--3
4--5
--6--

Concurrent Oculus Rings used for testing = 71% and 78%. I did some initial testing with 2x 85% thru the kanai cube (2 players) and also solo with follower, all of which had the same results - but figured it different % would be the better test.

Control Test#1 = Explosive Light with 20% Fire and 140% WoL Damage
Base WoL Damage = 88,062

Control Test#2 & 3 = Explosive Light within Oculus Pools
Damage = 88,062 * 1.78 = 156,750
Damage = 88,062 * 1.71 = 150,586
Conclusion
Oculus Ring is multiplicative.

Control Test#4 & 5 = Explosive Light in Overlapping Pools
Stacking Damage = 88,062 * ( 1.78 + 1.71 ) = 219,275
Conclusion
Oculus Ring pools do NOT stack.

Control Test#6 = Explosive Light in Overlapping Pools
Damage shown alternates within a single attack
Conclusion
Stack Oculus Ring pools are dynamic and alternate every few frames.

So, basically once everyone starts S6, remember to save your highest % oculus, regardless of item level and stats to put on your follower. ^_^
I'm sure the legacy 40% one is handled the same way..... right?
Legacy is additive skill damage. Standing on the one my templar has shows skill damage increase in the detailed sheet stats. This might change with the patch but I doubt it as no other legacy items ever get changed.
Rings on follower act the same as in the cube, they will go always with the highest possible stat.
Thanks Davlok your tests really help!

I was just wondering about Area damage (as for a very long time it was broken) is it actually working? And what procs it? I am mainly interested in the Ulianas set so would things like exploding palm and seven sided strike proc it?
04/11/2016 10:37 AMPosted by AlienPrimate
Legacy is additive skill damage. Standing on the one my templar has shows skill damage increase in the detailed sheet stats. This might change with the patch but I doubt it as no other legacy items ever get changed.

does that mean that legacy oculus and the new one will stack? since the other is additive while the new one is multiplicative?
The ring itself isn't changing is it? These changes are for the damage calculation type and proc working on followers as a back end change. Existing rings and new rings would still be the same after the patch I'd expect.
04/11/2016 08:42 PMPosted by Nukro
Thanks Davlok your tests really help!

I was just wondering about Area damage (as for a very long time it was broken) is it actually working? And what procs it? I am mainly interested in the Ulianas set so would things like exploding palm and seven sided strike proc it?

Apologies for diverting the conversation from Oculus testing, but I'd like to find out about Area Damage as well, specifically if it works with all builds or just certain builds (U6 vs LoN vs the various iterations of Inna's/Shens/Pets)?

I know somewhere imbedded in this thread, Davlok had an update about AD, but regrettably I am unable to find it.

It seems that if you're stacking AD, you may be sacrificing something like CDR or some other stat that may or may not be important to a specific build.

Do some builds require a cap on AD to balance it with other stats?

I sense that AD is probably more appropriate for pushing GRs, as opposed to speed-rifts and TX, but I really don't know.

What would happened if you stacked every item that was AD-capable?

Does AD have breakpoints? Is there a point where you may have too much AD for a certain build and it's not very beneficial? As in, you only want xxx.xx% and no more?

Am I a lazy clown who does no testing on his own? That would be a definitive "yes". If only I was scientifically-oriented to know how to test something like this.
04/11/2016 08:53 PMPosted by DaleX
does that mean that legacy oculus and the new one will stack? since the other is additive while the new one is multiplicative?

04/11/2016 07:48 AMPosted by Vox
I'm sure the legacy 40% one is handled the same way..... right?

Supposedly the 40% and 85% pools will stack, but I don't have one to test with. But don't see a point to use both on your follower because most of the time the pool won't overlap and you have no clue which one is the 85% one to stand in ^_^;

04/11/2016 09:27 PMPosted by Sentia
The ring itself isn't changing is it? These changes are for the damage calculation type and proc working on followers as a back end change.

Currently on Live 2.4 the ring is multiplicative. The only real change in 2.4.1 is the ring equipped on followers will proc from your kills.

04/11/2016 08:42 PMPosted by Nukro

AD should works with everything now as of 2.4, they did a pretty good job of hitting all the multipliers. Of course, there are a few exceptions and unfortunately Uliana is one of them. EPs applied by U2/Madstone do not proc AD. Which makes Mythic Rhythm snapshotting even more required. But SSS works with AD fine. ^_^

04/12/2016 06:24 AMPosted by BRUTALCRUSH
I know somewhere imbedded in this thread, Davlok had an update about AD, but regrettably I am unable to find it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=18#349

Not the most complete testing, but don't believe any will change in 2.4.1. Only new AD thing I tested was EP DoTs seemingly proccing AD at half effect, but no one cares about the DoT damage. There is no AD cap and I personally think too many builds require CDR to sacrifice, but I'm sure if there will be some fishing builds that use a ton of AD.
Here is one from left field. With the nerf to experience gear does someone getting power leveled get the full bonus if I have Cain's and a Hellfire Ring on my level 70? Not sure if this was covered when they first nerfed XP gear.
Can you retest uliana's and broken promises or does it still work pretty much !@#$ together?
Nevermind, self tested. it's not terrible, Think i got about 60% up-time but I can't value that over a CoE.