[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 24 25 26 32 Next
Hey guys, I have a random question about Mystic Ally skill : does the wave from water ally snapshots the APS when you activate or does it scale dynamically ?
My main reason here is for Pain Enhancer buff but it also applies to FD proc.
I guess it does snapshot but maybe someone actually tested ?

Also, this post http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=17#338 is outdated : Enforcer gem is now multiplicative.
Patch 2.4.2 Mechanics Refresher!

Torment XIII introduction means a slightly larger build viability for those that want to farm the highest Torment. Most likely we will be more efficient key/material/legendary farming in Torment XI or XII.... but I know I plan to farm TXIII in non-season just because! The other big change this patch is Topaz will provide up to 12.5% RCR when gemmed in Helms, and works well with the new LTK Zodiac builds. Lastly the big Knockback DR change means 2 cyclone strikes before it doesn't work for a while, so use it only to pull to Oculus Rings! Anyways, onto the mechanics:

Scarbringer Mechanics
- Does 4x damage correctly for up to 7 targets
- Works with Gyana's Fireball (see below)

Gyana Na Kashu Mechanics
- Now does up to 1400% weapon damage (legacy ones on PTR get rerolled, who knows if that will happen to the ones we have saved up)
- does scale with +% LTK damage on Gyana and Rivera
- does scale with +% Element (Gyana Fireball Element = LTK Rune's Element) (ie - Fireball isn't always Fire element)
- does scale with Scarbringer.
- does scale with Sunwuko 6pc (and does not consume an additional charge)
- Fireball in 2.4.2 interacted poorly with Rivera and did not proc every attack. But this was fixed in 2.5 so a fireball launches every LTK when Rivera is enabled.
- Fireball Procs Area Damage
- Launches directly from your Butt 6 frames after LTK lands. Scarbringer will -NOT- buff Gyana's Fireball if it hits an enemies that was previously hit by the Scarbringer-buffed LTK the Fireball procced off of.... even if less than 7 targets total were hit.
- What that means, if you are fighting a RG and hit him with both your LTK and your Fireball, you have to pick one to get 4x

Gem Rework & Monks
- Invigorating Gemstone rework still doesn't fit into the top 3 for most kits.

Sunwuko 加油加油!
- Epiphany hitbox server issues still around sadly.
- LTK builds will have fun with stacks. Rivera doubles the stacks consumption while being in melee preventing Kyoshiro's Soul from working, so... yea....

Raiment of a Thousand Flesh Wounds - Haedrig's Gift for S7
- Updated 2.4.2 AoE Scaled DPS Chart / Ranking - http://i.imgur.com/IlSXgAS.png
- Updated 2.4.2 Generator Information - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11882328396?page=21#401
- WotHF: Fists of Fury can't be snapshot anymore, and is always capped at max 15 stacks.
- Raiment 6pc Generator damage is multiplicative with the 2pc generator bonus, and buffed to +1250%

Support Monk - still globing, just on your secondary affixes
- Reduction of Crippling Light and healing from Soothing Mist combined with reduced group damage buffs from Flesh is Weak, Mantra of Conviction = lower GR in 4p.
- Forbidden Palance change means a change of rune to Temple of Protection or Safe Haven.
- Overall, the support build for Monk is still healing via Soothing Mist with some MoH shield spam with the usual grouping with Cyclone and buffing dps. (Maybe even see a few versions with U2 and Solarium heh.)

Uliana Strategically over 9000
- Uliana 2pc no longer interacts with Mythic Rhythm, and EPs applied by U2 will proc Area Damage.
- Madstone EPs still do not proc Area Damage.
- Snapshotted MR-EPs still obey the same overwrite rules as previously and will be spread with Gungdo. U2 change just makes snapshotting MR-EPs slightly more consistent.
- 2.3 Reference : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=10#181

Keep in mind, most of these mechanics were tested on PTR, and not 2.4.2 -LIVE- so if you see any inconsistencies, let me know! Overall in 2.4.2, the devs nerfed a bunch of mandatory group skill runes that ended up also affecting Solo play as collateral. (good luck with Uliana after the Cyclone nerf!). I'm happy Fists of Fury saw a nerf without being totally useless, and interested to see what generator ends up #1. Hopefully in 2.4.3, Sunwuko and sweeping wind interaction will get a much needed rework. #LoN-LTK
Now I can tell exactly that CW-Mangle is stronger than WoTHF-FoF.
08/01/2016 02:15 PMPosted by Kikaha
Hey guys, I have a random question about Mystic Ally skill : does the wave from water ally snapshots the APS when you activate or does it scale dynamically ?
My main reason here is for Pain Enhancer buff but it also applies to FD proc.
I guess it does snapshot but maybe someone actually tested ?

I didn't check it on PTR on Live its dynamic tho.
08/02/2016 05:26 AMPosted by Davlok
ICD on fireball seems to be 1/APS and does NOT take Rivera's 50% IAS into account

hmm

this sound ambiguous?
when you say ""does NOT take Rivera's 50% IAS into account"" it as if u mean we will never have 2 procs in row since you r skill LTK attack faster with river then the ICD from helm allows to proc the fire ball

While on PTR when i tested it i had 3 proc in row with Rivera boots
which means ->yes the ICD scales with Rivera effect

so i dint understood, u misunderstood/miss-typed or blizz nerfed that? :P
08/02/2016 08:09 AMPosted by n1vek
I didn't check it on PTR on Live its dynamic tho.

is it ? Man, I pushed wrongly all this time then. Thanks for the info.
Davlok, Thanks for the refresher on everything monk!
Hello,

at first I really apologize for my English (surprise it isn*t my native language :) )

This guide from 2012: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7392649912

Is it correct, that your mystic ally can crit, but only with 50% critdamage?

If its true, why should I socket or reroll critdamage? The Mystic Allys makes the biggest Part of Damage!

For Example this Guide:
http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-inna-ep-mystic-ally-build-patch-2-4-2-season-7

Which stats should I prefer instead? For Example: CritChance < Mystic Ally Damage if possible < Elementary Physical Damage* < AttackSpeed < WeaponRange on Rings and Amulett < Dextery < CooldownReduction.

* 6 Allys are physical Damage Dealers

Is it ok, to upgrade my weapon with the red Juwel?

_________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think about a heavy based CooldownReduction build to activate Mystic Allys Specials as often as possible?

Thank you for Answering
Johner
hey davlok,

thanks for helping the monks about certain mechanics.

I would like to know, if snapshotting bane of the stricken is still a thing?
08/17/2016 05:21 PMPosted by johner
Is it correct, that your mystic ally can crit, but only with 50% critdamage?

No, they uncapped that a few patches ago. I'd have to dig through all the notes to find the correct one.

08/17/2016 05:21 PMPosted by johner
What do you think about a heavy based CooldownReduction build to activate Mystic Allys Specials as often as possible?

There was a varitaion of Inna with Rogue/Slander that had zodiac to spam Ally a lot, but it didn't have the same max potential as the Inna-EP version that made it to the top that season. But it is pretty fun!

08/17/2016 05:31 PMPosted by TizmitSack
I would like to know, if snapshotting bane of the stricken is still a thing?

Nope, it was fixed when they allowed non-sheet attack speeds to affect the ICD.

08/02/2016 11:22 AMPosted by Enoone
this sound ambiguous?

I was pretty ambiguous heh. I can't really confirm a 1/APS ICD for Gyana so my comment was mostly just to describe what actually happens when you use Rivera with Gyana and without.

Some Testing Gifs
Without Rivera casting 16 LTKs = 16 Fireballs
https://gfycat.com/SleepyHauntingAbalone
With Rivera casting 15 LTKs = 9 Fireballs
https://gfycat.com/ConventionalVioletGardensnake

I see a lot of random information on what is better, so figured I would settle the decision: +LTK % is always better! It becomes even more obvious once you take into account the Scarbringer mechanics in melee.

• Fireball doesn't fire all the time when Rivera Dancers are equipped. (See gfycats) 9/15 Fireballs with Rivera vs 16/16 Fireballs when not equipped
  • Fireball isn't buffed by Scarbringer if the LTK that it procced from also hit the target. (this statement takes a while to sink in)
  • Fireball fires 6 frames after each LTK, so will only benefit from Scarbringer in the odd case where you DON'T hit more than 7 targets with your LTK, travels across the screen without hitting anything and detonates on different targets to consume the rest of the scarbringer "charges".
  • Fireball only detonates once for a 10 yard radius blast. The hitbox after that initial impact is TINY.
  • A 100% LTK 1050% Gyana will do ~4.2% more damage than a 75% LTK 1400% Gyana under normal melee or single target circumstances. This increases even more once you factor in the fireball not proccing 100%.
  • Each 1% of LTK Damage is worth approximately 15-25% Fireball Weapon Damage. (25% vs single target, 15% vs 30+ targets). Again, this increases even more once you factor in the fireball not proccing 100%.
  • A lot of thanks for answering
    - Now does up to 1400% weapon damage (legacy ones on PTR get rerolled, who knows if that will happen to the ones we have saved up)
    - does scale with +% LTK damage on Gyana and Rivera
    - does scale with +% Element (Gyana Fireball Element = LTK Rune's Element) (ie - Fireball isn't always Fire element)
    - does scale with Scarbringer.
    - does scale with Sunwuko 6pc (and does not consume an additional charge)
    - ICD on fireball seems to be 1/APS and does NOT take Rivera's 50% IAS into account
    - Proc coefficent on the fireball (someone looking at the game files can probably provide the exact value)
    - Fireball Procs Area Damage
    - Launches directly from your Butt 6 frames after LTK lands. Scarbringer will -NOT- buff Gyana's Fireball if it hits an enemies that was previously hit by the Scarbringer-buffed LTK the Fireball procced off of.... even if less than 7 targets
    - What that means, if you are fighting a RG and hit him with both your LTK and your Fireball, you have to pick one to get 4x

and yet again a question I ask of Davlok had already been answered...

I mean seriously it procs AD? lol ok wtv happens to procs dont proc AD, but anyway that is good to know.. now I can pick up a lot more damage...

This part

"- Launches directly from your Butt 6 frames after LTK lands. Scarbringer will -NOT- buff Gyana's Fireball if it hits an enemies that was previously hit by the Scarbringer-buffed LTK the Fireball procced off of.... even if less than 7 targets
    - What that means, if you are fighting a RG and hit him with both your LTK and your Fireball, you have to pick one to get 4x["

Thats ridiculous.. why would they do that AHHHH... WAIT REALLY? so with FOF+ LTK you ... I mean so is what youre saying... IF you have hit a mob with scarbringer buffed LTK ever it cant really ever get a buff from the fireball
    08/02/2016 05:26 AMPosted by Davlok
    Uliana Strategically over 9000

Hi, already asked this of Davlok in a dedicated U6 discussion but in case you didn't see:

Are there any breakpoints that are worth considering when talking U6/SSS/cdr? I can use my calculator to crunch the numbers but have no idea of how many decimals the program (D3) considers, at what point I hit a breakpoint framewise and at what point more cdr becomes useless.
    08/25/2016 10:40 AMPosted by Darth
    IF you have hit a mob with scarbringer buffed LTK ever it cant really ever get a buff from the fireball

Either that or the fireball just won't even proc ^_^;

09/06/2016 04:32 AMPosted by Ruarigh
    Are there any breakpoints that are worth considering when talking U6/SSS/cdr? I can use my calculator to crunch the numbers but have no idea of how many decimals the program (D3) considers, at what point I hit a breakpoint framewise and at what point more cdr becomes useless.

I don't think anyone has done any breakpoints on cooldowns, as there is no real animation. Both IAS and CDR have no effect on how long SSS's animation takes - it's ~1.5 seconds (89 frames last I checked), and since the cooldown only starts at the end of the animation you just want as much as possible. (Zodiac isn't a good option since it only procs once per SSS) Hope that makes sense!
    Patch 2.4.3 Mechanics Refresher!

Didn't do one last season since it was still 2.4.2. This time Monks are getting one new weapon (Rabid Strike), a buff to Inna's, and (supposedly) some bug fixes.

Rabid Strike Base Mechanics
    - Mimicked attack performed by a naked "clone" your your monk under the same epiphany rune as yourself adjacent to a random monster on the screen.
    - Mimicked attack casts 6 frames (.1 seconds) after your attack.
    - Works with Wave of Light, Lashing Tail Kick, Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm (application), and Seven Sided Strike
    - Does not work with the following spenders: Tempest Rush, Dashing Strike (Raiment 6pc), or Sweeping Wind.
    - Does not require you to actually teleport to a target to proc. (can force-stand)
    - Does not require you to have a target under your cursor to proc. (works with Hand of Ytar & Tzo Kirin)
    - Procs of Cyclone Strike: Soothing Breeze does heal the correct amount.

Rabid Strike Damage Mechanics
    - Original 2.4.3 Works with: LoN, Inna 6pc, BotT, Zei, Pinto's Pride, Kyoshiro's Blade, Rivera Dancers, Endless Walk, Elemental Damage, Elite Damage, Focus/Restraint, CoE, Scarbringer, Flow of Eternity, Area Damage, and normal Damage Increased by Skills modifiers. Also confirmed that the RS cloned attack is buffed by Bindings of the Lesser Gods and Enforcer damage multipliers.
    - Original Patch 2.4.3 = Does -NOT- work with: Sunwuko 6pc, Uliana 4pc, Uliana 6pc, Gyana, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc), Lion's Claw, Fist of Az or Mythic Rhythm.
    - FIXED in Patch 2.6.1 = Sunwuko, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc)

Tested on 2.6.4 LIVE While Epiphany is Active with Rabid Strike:
    - SWK/LoN WoL/LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~100% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
    - Inna Builds will have 11 x 750% bonus 6 pc damage instead of 10 x 750% bonus damage because the Rabid Strike Clone is considered an ADDITIONAL ally (buffing both YOURs and mimicked damage)
    - Builds with Level 150 Enforcer Legendary Gem Equipped will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~160% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
    - Builds using Bindings of the Lesser Gods will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~300% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs (required targets be hit by Cyclone Strike)

* - Enforcer+BotLG - 1.6 x 3 = mimicked WoL/LTKs doing 4.8x the damage of your WoL/LTKs.

2.4.3 Patch Notes Bug Fixes
    - Fire Ally Active fixed to scale with APS/+%MA (was NOT working on the last PTR version)
    - Earth Ally Active fixed to scale with APS/+%MA (was NOT working on the last PTR version)
    - Epiphany bug fix when casting spenders (pending live verification)

Sunwuko - Haedrig's Gift for S9
    - Not much changed, would avoid Rabid Strike until it is fixed.

Inna's Mantra
    - Buffed from +50% damage per ally to +100% damage per ally. With 10 allies, this is +1000% damage multiplicative to all your damage.
    - Inna is now viable in Torment XIII for just about any build you want to play - WoL, LTK, EP, Ally-spam, Generator, etc. Just need to add the support items and flex away.
    - For builds focusing on Ally damage to kill stuff, Cold Active is still the best damage dealing active to use for CoE and especially when combined with Impending Doom.
    - General Ally mechanics from 2015 still valid for the most part: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/16527322731?page=17#338
    - The most flexible set we have now performing as well if not better than LoN.
    - Inna-Generator builds are a bit more forgiving & fun to play, but deals ~40% of the damage vs a maxed out Raiment 6 build (Duogen+CoE) so will be ~5 GR levels behind at high paragon.
    - Generator DPS Quick Ref: http://i.imgur.com/IlSXgAS.png
    - Generator Reference Post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/11882328396?page=21#post-401

Keep in mind, ALL of these mechanics were tested on the last PTR version before launch (2.4.3.42655), and not 2.4.3 -LIVE- so if you some miracle happens and Rabid Strike was fixed to deal the correct damage or the bug fixes were actually fixes, let me know and I'll test it out once I have my cow pet. ^_^
    Confirmed after some prodding that Rabid Strike's proc of CS:Soothing Breeze -DOES- heal the same amount as your own CS, so it could actually be useful-ish. Looks like no one is using soothing breeze anymore, so I guess it doesn't seem worthy of a slot. (haven't played much zDPS since 2.4.1) ^_^;
    01/05/2017 05:08 PMPosted by Davlok
    Rabid Strike's proc of CS:Soothing Breeze -DOES- heal the same amount as your own CS

That is very intriguing...

High APS CS spam fueled by Seph is possible (I tested just a couple weeks ago). However, the monk would probably want to drop Epiphany and may need to take SWK 2 + Cold SW for EHP + Iceblink.

Could I finally build a decent zmonk without annoying unintended Epiphany ports?!

Did you determine whether hardcast EP from self + clone stack? Would be interesting if TFIW could be doubled up.
    Nevermind, clone CS just messes things up and heals in unpredictable locations. Total fail >.<

On the other side of the spectrum, I think I will stick with Rabid Strike over Flying Dragon in LON LTK while farming T13 / GR 65.

1. More AOE
    2. More auto-target AOE DPS (super good for speed farming)
    3. More Pull (marginally; clone usually spawns in a location where his CS gets lumped with yours)
    4. More lights! (I play HoY)
    5. Higher minimum dmg than FD (good for speed farming, Furnace probably better in this category).
    6. Less FD RNG - Not my best friend while farming since i'd rather not have rate of spirit drain fluctuating dramatically and I don't like overconsuming Dash charges.

For LON LTK farm, Rabid Strike is pretty dang good.
    Rabid Strike still not fixed, i'm sad because i'm running SWK WoL this season. Was hoping for a fix with season start, but maybe we will this in season 20.
    01/09/2017 05:46 AMPosted by Vorn
    Rabid Strike still not fixed, i'm sad because i'm running SWK WoL this season. Was hoping for a fix with season start, but maybe we will this in season 20.

Rabid Strike works pretty well with Legacy of Nightmare builds, so I think they must have purposefully omitted SWK from happening which has probably more to do with time constraints to get the cross platform patch release to happen.

If you compare Rabid Strike to Furnace in cube for LoN-LTK you're losing ~45% elite damage if you're using BoP already while gaining ~45% damage randomly on the map that works on non-elites as well. Plus the double cyclone strikes aren't that bad for making your own density.

And on that note, I think this is the last post possible in this thread, so if it doesn't get extended will be no more Mechanics ever! ^_^;