[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 27 28 29 Next
Hi all, not much new for Monk in 2.6. I've been playing mostly the new Necro-fad, will probably return to monk full-time after the novelty wears off. Mechanics wise, there wasn't much to test out on the PTR/Beta, only 2 things I can think of to mention:

Zei's Stone of Vengeance
Now calculates damage from the Player and not the Mystic Ally / Clone. Slightly buffs some LTK-HoY RS clone builds, but not much for the standard Inna-pet builds that never really used Zei anyways.

Krysbin's Sentence
This supposed necro-only Ring is currently working with all classes, so not sure if it is intended or not. But since BotT 2ndary procs it and mathematically works out better than CoE for us (espeically if we end up with +% stun/freeze secondaries) could be a new option for some builds if they allow it. Haven't even seen a "known issue" thread on the official forums so maybe wait on using this until a blue comments on it.

If anyone is still playing and notices something new let me know and I'll take a look!
06/30/2017 08:11 AMPosted by Davlok
Hi all, not much new for Monk in 2.6. I've been playing mostly the new Necro-fad, will probably return to monk full-time after the novelty wears off. Mechanics wise, there wasn't much to test out on the PTR/Beta, only 2 things I can think of to mention:

Zei's Stone of Vengeance
Now calculates damage from the Player and not the Mystic Ally / Clone. Slightly buffs some LTK-HoY RS clone builds, but not much for the standard Inna-pet builds that never really used Zei anyways.

Krysbin's Sentence
This supposed necro-only Ring is currently working with all classes, so not sure if it is intended or not. But since BotT 2ndary procs it and mathematically works out better than CoE for us (espeically if we end up with +% stun/freeze secondaries) could be a new option for some builds if they allow it. Haven't even seen a "known issue" thread on the official forums so maybe wait on using this until a blue comments on it.

If anyone is still playing and notices something new let me know and I'll take a look!

If Krysbin's doesn't get nerfed or class restriced then it would be extremely powerful in SWK WoL or Inna WoL builds.
Cant find more suitable thread, so I will post some of my resent observations about mystic ally here.
Yesterday I have noticed that element of passive damage of all mystic allies depends on chosen rune element.
I made this conclusion by playing my pet-inna monk and monitor crits of my allies. There are some results:
1. Water ally rune. Average crits 3000m, when CoE goes frost 9000m average. I carefully monitor crits on physical range of CoE and didnt notice any x3 crits here, but 6 of 10 allies are physical and they should give me these 9000m crits if they actually deal physical damage, but no, they didnt.
2. Unruned, air and other physical runes. Same story. When CoE goes physical, crits 9000m. Other elements - only 3000m. But active damage of water ally still buffed under frost CoE range.
3. Fire rune. Same, x3 crits under fire CoE only.

Its maybe something with CoE and not with elemental damage stat actually, but this requires more dedicated testing.

Some clarification about observations: I ignored damage under FD procs and other big buffs, I didnt test it without mystic ally ability on my panel and all observations was performed when I played normally on T13 rifts and 70GRs.

This still may be inaccurate, so someone with scientific approach can test it properly, if its already done, then sorry for my blindness.
07/05/2017 10:10 AMPosted by Kamazeus
Yesterday I have noticed that element of passive damage of all mystic allies depends on chosen rune element.

Nice catch. I can verify that the elemental affix ends up buffing all the normal passive attacks of all allies. So MA rune selection actually sort of matters since (I assume) most folks using Inna-pet uses Cold Ally + EP, so should really select Cold Ally for a little more DPS! ^_^
"- Inna LTK builds using Rabid Strike (No Gyana, but LotBG) will have mimicked LTKs doing ~255% of the damage of your LTKs"

I tried running a search and found nothing, what is LotBG? Thanks.
07/19/2017 03:28 PMPosted by Frail
LotBG?

I'm old apparently.

I meant BotLG, or https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bindings-of-the-lesser-gods

I assume it still works like in 2.5 ^_^
The bindings say they work for mystic allies. Assuming they work for rabid as well does that mean the bracer buff works for other types of minions? If so does anyone know which? Season 11 starts tomorrow and I haven't played monk in awhile, decided to see what kind of toys we have now and make something besides generator.
07/19/2017 04:12 PMPosted by Frail
The bindings say they work for mystic allies. Assuming they work for rabid as well does that mean the bracer buff works for other types of minions? If so does anyone know which? Season 11 starts tomorrow and I haven't played monk in awhile, decided to see what kind of toys we have now and make something besides generator.

The Bindings only work for Mystic Allies. I'm pretty sure they don't buff the Rabid Strike clone. They do provide a much larger area of increased damage from the 2nd Cyclone Strike cast by the Rabid Strike clone. That gives a larger area of increased damage for your Allies to hit.
07/19/2017 08:12 PMPosted by Khord
The Bindings only work for Mystic Allies. I'm pretty sure they don't buff the Rabid Strike clone. They do provide a much larger area of increased damage from the 2nd Cyclone Strike cast by the Rabid Strike clone. That gives a larger area of increased damage for your Allies to hit.

It came as a surprise to me too. Decided to test it out from a few comments in the 12 kick monk thread:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753737030?page=5#post-86

But I haven't re-tested in 2.6 yet to confirm, but wouldn't expect it to have changed. As far as I can tell, it doesn't buff your other 'minions'.
I currently see two monks in top 10 (S11) using Rabid Strike and Bindings of the Lesser Gods... so it would seem the Bindings are buffing the Rabid Strike clones. I will investigate some more today....
08/19/2017 08:10 AMPosted by ShaunaBair
I currently see two monks in top 10 (S11) using Rabid Strike and Bindings of the Lesser Gods... so it would seem the Bindings are buffing the Rabid Strike clones. I will investigate some more today....

They do buff the clone :)
Nice one Davlok, thumbs up!

Do we have another thread about AD + EP mechanism?
Found that one,

but tell me - why would you stack AD with WoL - explosive light?
10/12/2017 09:05 AMPosted by smiLey
Found that one,

but tell me - why would you stack AD with WoL - explosive light?

Area Damage is effectively the most powerful affix in the game. Every time a target is hit (by an effect that is able to trigger AD), it has a 20% chance to proc AD. If you hit 10 mobs with 100 damage, each has a chance to proc. If you have 100% AD and 2 out of those 10 trigger AD (20%), the two do 200 damage to the area around them in addition to the 100 that triggered it in the first place. Explosive Light has a huge AoE and hits most of the screen with each cast. That is a LOT of chances to proc AD and with a lot of AD, the damage potential is quite large.
Ok, I clearly misunderstood AD - I thought you had to stand within 10 yards from the mob/s.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to do a refresher this round since I'll be out the of the country with no access to a pc to test/verify any mechanics when 2.6.1 launches. Since there haven't been any new items or mechanics to test, it has mostly just been bug fixes and buffs on PTR. Basically, Rabid Strike now works with all the common multipliers we use and still work with the odd ones like Enforcer/BotLG. Its too bad with the change to SWK we will likely use Vengeful Wind in most situations -_-. All the other advertised set and item buffs scaled correctly when I tested so looks like a ton of builds will be able to break GR100, even if it means adding a generator and spirit guards >_>

Some random reminders as opposed to random mechanics this time!
    Ascendance + TR to proc Casar's for lazy farming!

Target to the side of packs to make sure you get the higher Kyoshiro's Blade bonus

U2 applied EPs were fixed to proc Area Damage, but no longer interact with Mythic R at all.

Mystic Ally rune you pick semi-matters with Inna since all passive attacks inherit the selected rune's element.

Have funs fellow monks!
10/18/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Davlok
U2 applied EPs were fixed to proc Area Damage, but no longer interact with Mythic R at all.

Mystic Ally rune you pick semi-matters with Inna since all passive attacks inherit the selected rune's element.

woooooa...

Whend they make the u2 proc AD change.. I mightve actually considered playing it...

And has allies always worked that way..

Yo about Kyoshiro blade does it work like this...

All wave of light damage does 2.5x more damage, if the initial impact hits 3 mobs or less than it does 3.5x more = 2.5 * 3.5 = x8.75 damage or is it additive 6x, or just overrides straight 3.5 x?

I assumed it was multiplicative because it seems to be a huge drop off in damage taking off kyoshiro, making me want to sway towards LoN WoL for quick farming at least with a decent amt of dex behind it
10/18/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Darth
10/18/2017 06:45 AMPosted by Davlok

woooooa...

Whend they make the u2 proc AD change.. I mightve actually considered playing it...

All wave of light damage does 2.5x more damage, if the initial impact hits 3 mobs or less than it does 3.5x more = 2.5 * 3.5 = x8.75 damage or is it additive 6x, or just overrides straight 3.5 x?

I assumed it was multiplicative because it seems to be a huge drop off in damage taking off kyoshiro, making me want to sway towards LoN WoL for quick farming at least with a decent amt of dex behind it

Kyo 250% is additive, according to d3planner.
k mb ill give it an old testerooni but that sounds bout rite
10/19/2017 04:26 AMPosted by smiLey
10/18/2017 11:38 AMPosted by Darth

woooooa...

Kyo 250% is additive, according to d3planner.

Kyoshiro's Blade is multiplicative according to this guy.....

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/16527322731?page=17#328