[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 Next
11/17/2017 05:56 AMPosted by hong
Also with Sunwuko WoL: there's something about the build that counts as a projectile. I've been one-shotted by dervishes and sand dwellers out of the blue, but only when within melee range.

It doesn't seem to be the Explosive Light bursts (I can hit them from range without any problems). It could be SW, but I don't recall this being a problem when I was playing SWK+LTK last era. Possibly the initial WoL bell.

Just did a quick test after finding a dervish elite in a GR95. I got one-shotted when I walked next to it, while it was spinning. I wasn't casting anything at the time. It looks like SW is what triggers the projectile.
12/06/2017 08:52 AMPosted by hong
11/17/2017 05:56 AMPosted by hong
Also with Sunwuko WoL: there's something about the build that counts as a projectile. I've been one-shotted by dervishes and sand dwellers out of the blue, but only when within melee range.

It doesn't seem to be the Explosive Light bursts (I can hit them from range without any problems). It could be SW, but I don't recall this being a problem when I was playing SWK+LTK last era. Possibly the initial WoL bell.

Just did a quick test after finding a dervish elite in a GR95. I got one-shotted when I walked next to it, while it was spinning. I wasn't casting anything at the time. It looks like SW is what triggers the projectile.

Interesting.. did you notice if it was sw itself or a clone that spawned the reflect ?
12/06/2017 09:52 AMPosted by SuperFoolDk
Interesting.. did you notice if it was sw itself or a clone that spawned the reflect ?

Tested it again on another blue dervish pack. This time I could stand next to them while they were spinning, and not die. So it's not just SW. But I've never had problems killing them at range, even when they're the last mob standing, so it's not just the clone either. Maybe it's a combination of both?
its the wave of light fire rune, possibly other runes of wave of light.. Lightning pillar does not reflect
Okay So I've been messing around with trying to get Kyoshiro to not work.. I have no set on, everytime I use firebell even with 3.03 APS and epiphany up it hits for ~75k on 3 or less or 50k ish on 4 or more. The lil monk men that come out dont appear to be hitting for less when I up my attack speed..

So has anyone ever noted that interaction happening on a non sunwuko WoL build?

Also was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen with a different rune, I tend to use lightning (dont use WH, never used IAS on ring even with fire cause I used lefebvres - regular build is boring to me) Like playing wD without pirahanado. But I've never noticed Lightning damage decreasing from speed pylon.
The no damage bug from fire bells has been around for a long time. i first noticed it when LoN was introduced. had me a LoN firebell monk and same issue ... not as often as with swk, but still present
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/magefist-P41_Unique_Gloves_014

My apologies if it has been discussed already. Going blind and may have missed something in the thread.

Has anyone done any testing with these in the cube for a WoL build? My bro and I have been playing around with it. Seems decent.
01/09/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Memnarch
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/magefist-P41_Unique_Gloves_014

My apologies if it has been discussed already. Going blind and may have missed something in the thread.

Has anyone done any testing with these in the cube for a WoL build? My bro and I have been playing around with it. Seems decent.

I tried those....but as I got a bit higher I found the Less costly Bells from Cindercoat more valuable.
I am using the generatorless version so it seemed to hurt alot not having lower costs.
magefists are additive with fire % skill.. not a bad choice with obsidian, but if ur using CoE like most in SC you prob want the added RCR..
01/16/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Darth
magefists are additive with fire % skill.. not a bad choice with obsidian, but if ur using CoE like most in SC you prob want the added RCR..
Not sure where I could find a way to add either ring to the build. You have to run RoRG in the cube to pop 6pc on WoL.
I hope it's okay that I post here. I made this post (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20762226474) earlier and it was suggested I check here for an answer. I did not read every word of the 30 pages of posts here, but I didn't easily see an answer so I will just post my question here:

(Subwuko build)

Does the 785% weapon damage over 3 seconds do 3 "ticks" of damage (ie., one per second) or is it more like a "drain" for enemies caught in it?

More importantly, does that 785% weapon damage have a chance to proc a 5% freeze belt thereby turning 5% into 10% or potentially a lot more?

I played nearly all of last season as fire WoL, but towards the end of the season I was lucky enough to discover a Primal Sunwuko Amulet which, after rerolling, had lightning damage affix on it. After using Lightning for a while, I really liked it. I tell my clan mates that lighting WoL is to fire WoL as Shadow Impale DH is to Multi-shot DH (I have a lot of DHs in the clan I am in).

Thanks ><
01/03/2017 03:39 AMPosted by Davlok
Also confirmed that the RS cloned attack is buffed by Bindings of the Lesser Gods and Enforcer damage multipliers.

With Inna being buffed and free RoRG buff, anyone on PTR season want to give Inna-Rabid-LTK a try and see if BotLG and Enforcer still works with the Rabid Strike cloned attack? Not sure the item slots work out optimally but would be interesting-ish!
I think most people are just running Inna Rabid WoL. So you're saying that BotLG should provide an extra 3x multiplier for just the cloned attack from Rabid...

Hmmm...

This probably doesn't trigger AD though, right? That part might kind of suck in top end pushes, because I think WoL does more damage on the AD-triggered portion than LTK, so you would probably end up with more damage on the clone but less damage on the actual attack.

I wonder how that'll work out. I can try it if I can get the gear together.
I tested Inna LTK on the PTR and it seemed to run the same a before the buff, just a lot stronger. The RS clones seemed as powerful as expected, and I have primal BotLG bracers. I didn't record anything or watch floating crit numbers but it played just fine.
03/29/2018 03:59 PMPosted by palatinae
I hope it's okay that I post here. I made this post (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20762226474) earlier and it was suggested I check here for an answer. I did not read every word of the 30 pages of posts here, but I didn't easily see an answer so I will just post my question here:

[quote](Subwuko build)

Does the 785% weapon damage over 3 seconds do 3 "ticks" of damage (ie., one per second) or is it more like a "drain" for enemies caught in it?

More importantly, does that 785% weapon damage have a chance to proc a 5% freeze belt thereby turning 5% into 10% or potentially a lot more?

I played nearly all of last season as fire WoL, but towards the end of the season I was lucky enough to discover a Primal Sunwuko Amulet which, after rerolling, had lightning damage affix on it. After using Lightning for a while, I really liked it. I tell my clan mates that lighting WoL is to fire WoL as Shadow Impale DH is to Multi-shot DH (I have a lot of DHs in the clan I am in).

Thanks ><

just to kepp this as a reminder :)

lightning is super strong !
IF you go for elites or are in tiny spaces ...

you can nearly melt the guardian with it and with the stun from zeis its like the monters are running into a wall (wich you can build perfectly fine with you pillars)

BUT! (sadly), lightning lacks the big aoe of wol >.<
(can we pls have some mats to change the element of our runes? )

so you can hunt elites and guardians, or need someone who pulls them together into 1 spot (hello dear support)

its also nice for stacking the stricken :)
11/25/2018 05:25 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
I think most people are just running Inna Rabid WoL. So you're saying that BotLG should provide an extra 3x multiplier for just the cloned attack from Rabid...

Hmmm...

This probably doesn't trigger AD though, right? That part might kind of suck in top end pushes, because I think WoL does more damage on the AD-triggered portion than LTK, so you would probably end up with more damage on the clone but less damage on the actual attack.

I wonder how that'll work out. I can try it if I can get the gear together.

Rabid without Lesser gives a x2 modifier, with Lesser it turns into x4

of course AD is not working for the mimics, but there s no other weapon to boost the damage

WOL --> x2 --> AD loss and a reduced Mimic Kyoshi Bonus included x1,5
but still the best modifier
LTK --> x4 --> due to the Scarbringer, AD is more or less capped
and the total AD gain is something like x1,1 - 1,2
(or my math is wrong)

makes more sense to go for %Weapon Damage
I haven't checked the rest of your math, but I think you're underestimating AD's effect on top end pushes. There are very few times that it is not the top roll on any piece of gear you can get it on, and in fact on many (if not all) top end solo clears, you can see that it's stacked sky high. On high end pushes, you will be getting most of your progression from whites, not elites. Elites have too much HP and need to be dragged around, if that's even possible. You might eventually kill one, or just kill a few on a conduit. AD is king.
11/27/2018 08:49 AMPosted by StoleOwnCar
I haven't checked the rest of your math, but I think you're underestimating AD's effect on top end pushes. There are very few times that it is not the top roll on any piece of gear you can get it on, and in fact on many (if not all) top end solo clears, you can see that it's stacked sky high. On high end pushes, you will be getting most of your progression from whites, not elites. Elites have too much HP and need to be dragged around, if that's even possible. You might eventually kill one, or just kill a few on a conduit. AD is king.

For the Rabid-Kick, the AD Limit is 6
150% AD gives 6x30 = 180 --> modifier x 2,8
total Damage is (2,8+3)/4 =1,45

total Damage with the Base AD is (1,6+3)/4= 1,15

the total Gain with 5 Rolls of AD is 1,45/1,15= 1,26 (edited: 150AD correspond more or less to 5 Rolls instead of 4)

open point is just, how the Scarbringer limit is calculated
own Kick 7 and Mimic 7 or own+Mimic = 7?
You're going to kind of need to explain where you're getting those numbers. I might be too tired to follow along. Anyway, last I remember this is how things work:

AD applies damage to all mobs within a certain radius as long as you're the damage source. It scales with density within a radius, and isn't limited to the 6 mobs that receive the bonus (shouldn't this be 7 though? Too tired to check...). Its damage is effectively only limited by how many mobs you can gather in one area (preferably within 10 yards of each other).

So you have a limit of 6 mobs you deal enhanced damage to, you have a 20% chance to proc AD on all of them
(1-0.2)^6 is the probability that none of them proc AD
1-(0.8^6) is the probability that at least one of them will proc AD, equal to 0.737856.
This is the entire binomial breakdown:
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=P%5BX+%3E%3D+k%5D+for+X~B(6,0.2)+for+k%3D0+to+6

This is a bit inaccurate, but for some napkin math, if we consider X>=1 as ~0.74, then 0.74*1.5*(N-1) where N is the number of mobs around you, is the amount of damage you actually hit with each attack. N-1 is inaccurate as it only assumes one proc (the monster that procs the AD doesn't actually get AD damage). So for instance for just 6 mobs in general it's 0.74*1.5*5=5.55. But this quickly scales out of control with spacial density. It's not a simple modifier.
u re doing scarbringer buffed damage onto 7 Mobs
Area Damage Bonus isn t working on the Target, therefore 7-1

the 20% chance to proc AD gives a factor of x1/5 to the AD Bonus (on average)

assuming 2 Targets within 10yards and 150%AD, both Target ve a chance of 20% to get hit by 150%
or on average 150%x 1/5 = 30%
what means the Total Damage for each Target is x1,3 times the Damage without AD

now you ve just to SUM (and still assumed, that everything is within 10yards)
3 Targets 60%, 4 Targets 90%, 5 Targets 120% (total Damage to each Target would be x2,2)

the Scarbringer-Bonus is limited to 7 Targets, what means the maximum full AD is 6x30%
the additional Bonus for more Targets is 30/7 = 4,3

10 Targets 180+13 --> The Damage Modifier is now x2,93 instead of x2,8 for 7
or 4% (is not that big and i was neglecting that further increase)

further the AD is working only for the own Kicks, but the Rabid Kicks are doing 3 times the Damage, or 1 + 3 for the total Damage

for the assumed 7 Targets you can calculate the AD-modified Damage:
1 x 2,8
and the total Damage is 2,8 + 3
for 10 targets the total Damage is 2,93 + 3