[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 28 29 30
11/17/2017 05:56 AMPosted by hong
Also with Sunwuko WoL: there's something about the build that counts as a projectile. I've been one-shotted by dervishes and sand dwellers out of the blue, but only when within melee range.

It doesn't seem to be the Explosive Light bursts (I can hit them from range without any problems). It could be SW, but I don't recall this being a problem when I was playing SWK+LTK last era. Possibly the initial WoL bell.

Just did a quick test after finding a dervish elite in a GR95. I got one-shotted when I walked next to it, while it was spinning. I wasn't casting anything at the time. It looks like SW is what triggers the projectile.
12/06/2017 08:52 AMPosted by hong
11/17/2017 05:56 AMPosted by hong
Also with Sunwuko WoL: there's something about the build that counts as a projectile. I've been one-shotted by dervishes and sand dwellers out of the blue, but only when within melee range.

It doesn't seem to be the Explosive Light bursts (I can hit them from range without any problems). It could be SW, but I don't recall this being a problem when I was playing SWK+LTK last era. Possibly the initial WoL bell.

Just did a quick test after finding a dervish elite in a GR95. I got one-shotted when I walked next to it, while it was spinning. I wasn't casting anything at the time. It looks like SW is what triggers the projectile.

Interesting.. did you notice if it was sw itself or a clone that spawned the reflect ?
12/06/2017 09:52 AMPosted by SuperFoolDk
Interesting.. did you notice if it was sw itself or a clone that spawned the reflect ?

Tested it again on another blue dervish pack. This time I could stand next to them while they were spinning, and not die. So it's not just SW. But I've never had problems killing them at range, even when they're the last mob standing, so it's not just the clone either. Maybe it's a combination of both?
its the wave of light fire rune, possibly other runes of wave of light.. Lightning pillar does not reflect
Okay So I've been messing around with trying to get Kyoshiro to not work.. I have no set on, everytime I use firebell even with 3.03 APS and epiphany up it hits for ~75k on 3 or less or 50k ish on 4 or more. The lil monk men that come out dont appear to be hitting for less when I up my attack speed..

So has anyone ever noted that interaction happening on a non sunwuko WoL build?

Also was wondering if anyone else has ever had this happen with a different rune, I tend to use lightning (dont use WH, never used IAS on ring even with fire cause I used lefebvres - regular build is boring to me) Like playing wD without pirahanado. But I've never noticed Lightning damage decreasing from speed pylon.
The no damage bug from fire bells has been around for a long time. i first noticed it when LoN was introduced. had me a LoN firebell monk and same issue ... not as often as with swk, but still present
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/magefist-P41_Unique_Gloves_014

My apologies if it has been discussed already. Going blind and may have missed something in the thread.

Has anyone done any testing with these in the cube for a WoL build? My bro and I have been playing around with it. Seems decent.
01/09/2018 11:11 PMPosted by Memnarch
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/magefist-P41_Unique_Gloves_014

My apologies if it has been discussed already. Going blind and may have missed something in the thread.

Has anyone done any testing with these in the cube for a WoL build? My bro and I have been playing around with it. Seems decent.

I tried those....but as I got a bit higher I found the Less costly Bells from Cindercoat more valuable.
I am using the generatorless version so it seemed to hurt alot not having lower costs.
magefists are additive with fire % skill.. not a bad choice with obsidian, but if ur using CoE like most in SC you prob want the added RCR..
01/16/2018 11:18 PMPosted by Darth
magefists are additive with fire % skill.. not a bad choice with obsidian, but if ur using CoE like most in SC you prob want the added RCR..
Not sure where I could find a way to add either ring to the build. You have to run RoRG in the cube to pop 6pc on WoL.
I hope it's okay that I post here. I made this post (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20762226474) earlier and it was suggested I check here for an answer. I did not read every word of the 30 pages of posts here, but I didn't easily see an answer so I will just post my question here:

(Subwuko build)

Does the 785% weapon damage over 3 seconds do 3 "ticks" of damage (ie., one per second) or is it more like a "drain" for enemies caught in it?

More importantly, does that 785% weapon damage have a chance to proc a 5% freeze belt thereby turning 5% into 10% or potentially a lot more?

I played nearly all of last season as fire WoL, but towards the end of the season I was lucky enough to discover a Primal Sunwuko Amulet which, after rerolling, had lightning damage affix on it. After using Lightning for a while, I really liked it. I tell my clan mates that lighting WoL is to fire WoL as Shadow Impale DH is to Multi-shot DH (I have a lot of DHs in the clan I am in).

Thanks ><