[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 30 31 32
Did some posts just get deleted from this topic? I'm pretty sure everything from me mentioning enforcer, going forward, was deleted. Or I can't see it. Weird.

Anyway @Atomfurz, here:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/702692153
I found this by simply using the search feature, so it's just the first standard-looking-ish Rabid Innas WoL build I found (I just modified it slightly for seasons as they have that one bonus). As you can read off of the skills list, WoL does:

Here is with the build replacing Tzo:
https://ptr.d3planner.com/896512762
WoL damage:

(507,877,991,928)/(306,811,924,742)=1.65533980583
or
(306,811,924,742)/(507,877,991,928)=0.60410557184

(Note that I'm keeping Zeis equipped onto both of them and at the same distance, just to keep them both directly comparable for the time being, as far as multipliers go)

Innas already has a few sources of built in additive damage, and it's not hard to build up more of them. For instance, you could use Blinding Flash or WoTHF Assimilation (which you could run with a melee variant since you're not relying on Zeis anyway). It's interesting because I'm not sure how well Zeis does with Rabid's clone anyway. I think something buggy with Hydras for Wizard was that zeis damage was based off of how far the Hydra was? I don't remember. So using Enforcer and throwing away Tzo's in favor of Binding and going full melee... might work. I don't know, I haven't seen any good WoL player try it. I haven't pushed much on monk lately myself.
dunno with the posts but i took a simple swk wol and replaced tzo by a random other helm with same stats. result as above. you might ve right that numbers change with inna wol + rabid, i didn't consider it so maybe we just spoke from two different things. inna set indeed gives some additive attributes which change numbers a lot. e.g. the dmg mantra. but thanks anyways, i also will try a lot after the patch. probably there will be more good ways which is great. ltk would be great but three shoes together? :(
11/29/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Davlok
Been a while, but AD did work with the Rabid cloned attack (but haven’t checked for a few patches) and keep in mind you need to hit them with CS for BotLG to work.

Whoa. I've been out of the loop for some time, but when I was last playing, Rabid Strike was basically useless because all of your other item buffs didn't apply to the cloned attack. Has that changed now, so RS will actually double your damage output when Epiphany is on?
12/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by hong
11/29/2018 09:57 AMPosted by Davlok
Been a while, but AD did work with the Rabid cloned attack (but haven’t checked for a few patches) and keep in mind you need to hit them with CS for BotLG to work.

Whoa. I've been out of the loop for some time, but when I was last playing, Rabid Strike was basically useless because all of your other item buffs didn't apply to the cloned attack. Has that changed now, so RS will actually double your damage output when Epiphany is on?

Got bored, looked at the early era leaderboards on the new patch and it seems like a few LoN-WoL builds are using BotLG to clear 120s. So I'll assume it still works!
01/18/2019 04:47 PMPosted by Davlok
12/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by hong

Got bored, looked at the early era leaderboards on the new patch and it seems like a few LoN-WoL builds are using BotLG to clear 120s. So I'll assume it still works!

I'm sorry, but what is BotLG and CS?
01/19/2019 08:14 PMPosted by PaulKersey
01/18/2019 04:47 PMPosted by Davlok

I'm sorry, but what is BotLG and CS?

Bindings of the Lesser Gods (legendary bracer that buffs Mystic Ally)

Cyclone Strike(Monk skill)
01/03/2017 03:39 AMPosted by Davlok
Rabid Strike Damage Mechanics
- Original 2.4.3 Works with: LoN, Inna 6pc, BotT, Zei, Pinto's Pride, Kyoshiro's Blade, Rivera Dancers, Endless Walk, Elemental Damage, Elite Damage, Focus/Restraint, CoE, Scarbringer, Flow of Eternity, Area Damage, and normal Damage Increased by Skills modifiers. Also confirmed that the RS cloned attack is buffed by Bindings of the Lesser Gods and Enforcer damage multipliers.
- Original Patch 2.4.3 = Does -NOT- work with: Sunwuko 6pc, Uliana 4pc, Uliana 6pc, Gyana, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc), Lion's Claw, Fist of Az or Mythic Rhythm.
- FIXED in Patch 2.6.1 = Sunwuko, Skill specific +% Damage (WoL, LTK, CS, SSS, etc)

Tested on 2.6.4 LIVE While Epiphany is Active with Rabid Strike:
- SWK/LoN WoL/LTK builds using Rabid Strike will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~100% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
- Inna Builds will have 11 x 750% bonus 6 pc damage instead of 10 x 750% bonus damage because the Rabid Strike Clone is considered an ADDITIONAL ally (buffing both YOURs and mimicked damage)
- Builds with Level 150 Enforcer Legendary Gem Equipped will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~160% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs
- Builds using Bindings of the Lesser Gods will have mimicked WoL/LTKs doing ~300% of the damage of your WoL/LTKs (required targets be hit by Cyclone Strike)

* - Enforcer+BotLG - 1.6 x 3 = mimicked WoL/LTKs doing 4.8x the damage of your WoL/LTKs.

Noticed a few more NA-Era entries in the leaderboard using LoN + RS + BotLG + Enforcer combo, figured I would update the old Rabid Strike mechanics to reflect the current patch. The Sunwuko / Skill % damage was fixed back in 2.6.1, so now almost all the common damage multipliers should be working with Rabid Strike.

Plus confirmed that Rabid Strike clone counts as an additional mystic ally as far as Inna 6pc is concerned ^_^
and Zeis is calculated from the own and not the mimic distance
Is it true to say that every damage source in the game is either melee or ranged? So, for instance, if you have String of Ears and Eye of Etlich, this is basically the same as having ~30-35% damage reduction?
01/28/2019 07:08 PMPosted by Davlok
Plus confirmed that Rabid Strike clone counts as an additional mystic ally as far as Inna 6pc is concerned ^_^

Cool! That's not a monstrous bonus, but it's not insignificant either.

01/29/2019 04:53 AMPosted by hong
Is it true to say that every damage source in the game is either melee or ranged? So, for instance, if you have String of Ears and Eye of Etlich, this is basically the same as having ~30-35% damage reduction?

No, at least not for certain elite affixes. With some elite affixes, neither melee nor ranged reduction works. At least, not in the past. Someone did some testing in 2014, don't know if it's been retested since then:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/12673259125#post-7
https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/91166-elite-affixes-types-and-damage-reduction-mechanics
If a clone counts as another ally from RS what about the clones from Haunt of Vaxo?
Very interesting thought, the Vaxo thing. Depends on on uptime of course, but might be worth a testing. To be honest: I'm 99% sure it won't work - the skill says "Mystic Allies" and you could argument that the RS clone is a Mystic Ally. Skeletons? Clearly not a Mystic Ally. But Vaxo clones? Hmmm ...
Vaxo clones aren't that great. They last for 15 seconds, and you can only summon them once every 30 seconds, so you only get 50% uptime at most.
Are Enforcer and BotLG buffs dynamic or static? Can Gungdo Gear snapshot them? I had a fun fire LoN LTK build a while back when LoN was 100% that used fire EP with Rabid Strike, but it didn't use Lesser Gods or Enforcer. I gave it a quick run when 2.6.4 went live and it was hilarious watching fire EP spreading in T13 packs from Gungdo and not having to do anything.
Dumb question here. Since there is no DPS or damage logging meter (say like recount) in the game. How do you support these numbers etc etc...... How do you demonstrate what character abilities and gear effect monsters with unique abilities. On the same token this goes for damage received.

I always would have liked to see some sort of damage meter in the game. Just saying...
02/07/2019 02:33 PMPosted by MaxCarnage
Dumb question here. Since there is no DPS or damage logging meter (say like recount) in the game. How do you support these numbers etc etc...... How do you demonstrate what character abilities and gear effect monsters with unique abilities. On the same token this goes for damage received.

I always would have liked to see some sort of damage meter in the game. Just saying...

Frame by frame analysis of recorded game footage.
01/28/2019 10:19 PMPosted by Lutzer
and Zeis is calculated from the own and not the mimic distance

Yep, I remember testing when Tzo was reworked if the ranged WoL Zei bonus was calculated from the center of the bell or the player... twas the player!

TinneOnnMuin's link is also the best info I would have. I'm sure someone with a dataminer could look into the game files and categorize all monster abilities, but that might be something you could find somewhere in the bowels of d3planner? Not sure.

02/04/2019 05:01 AMPosted by homerjnick
If a clone counts as another ally from RS what about the clones from Haunt of Vaxo?

Nope, I think I remember testing them for the passive Unity bonus back in the day. They used to be pretty useful when Exploding Palm damage was based of monster hp%!

For fond memories, here are the 4 different clones that can be summoned:
Clone 1:
Fists of Thunder - Bounding Light
Mantra of Conviction - Overawe
Sweeping Wind - Cyclone
Clone 2:
Deadly Reach - Piercing Trident
Cyclone Strike - Implosion
Clone 3:
Crippling Wave - Tsunami
Exploding Palm - The Flesh is Weak
Blinding Flash - Self Reflection
Clone 4:
Way of the Hundred Fists - Windforce Flurry

02/06/2019 02:35 PMPosted by Khord
Are Enforcer and BotLG buffs dynamic or static? Can Gungdo Gear snapshot them? I had a fun fire LoN LTK build a while back when LoN was 100% that used fire EP with Rabid Strike, but it didn't use Lesser Gods or Enforcer. I gave it a quick run when 2.6.4 went live and it was hilarious watching fire EP spreading in T13 packs from Gungdo and not having to do anything.

BotLG is dynamic and Enforcer static! 84% sure.

02/07/2019 02:33 PMPosted by MaxCarnage

I have almost no history of testing damage received, as those mechanics are no fun to figureout, and would usually involve monster AI that isn't controllable. But yes, sometimes if numbers appear too fast like with 5APS generator testing, recording video is useful but usually I just take screenshots of damage ticks in semi-controlled situations. To get consistent EXACT damage numbers I use a level 1 white weapon + a +minumum damage affix RING (an affix that isn't in the game anymore) and get unvaried damage numbers every attack to be able to calculate modifiers from. This is the monk I use for testing:
https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Davlok-1847/hero/70971504

For example, when I wanted to test if Fire Ally active ability of splitting into 5 clones would increase Inna 6pc bonus by 4....
Left image shows the damage ticks for POTA of 206,117 & 608,046.
Right image shows the damage ticks for POTA right after Mystic Ally activation of 336,728 & 1,081,849.
Damage increased by: 77.9%
Base damage bonus from Inna = 7.5*5+1 = 38.5
Increased Inna damage bonus from Inna to reach 1.779% damage: { 38.5*1.779-1= 7.5x }
Where x = 9. So when mystic ally activates, the Inna bonus thinks you have 9 allies. Which doesn't make exact sense, but that is a nice round number that tells you if your hypothesis was right or not. ^_^

https://i.imgur.com/O8gCPbW.jpg
02/09/2019 05:13 AMPosted by Davlok
Where x = 9. So when mystic ally activates, the Inna bonus thinks you have 9 allies. Which doesn't make exact sense, but that is a nice round number that tells you if your hypothesis was right or not. ^_^

meakes perfect sense,

Inna Base 5x750+100 = 3850 and buffed 9*750+100 =6850
9 due to 1 split into 5 --> 5 + 5 -1=9

gain: x1,779

and your pic
screen: x 1,779

second pic, there is a crazy 25Million damage number
25 times the other values

https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/91166-elite-affixes-types-and-damage-reduction-mechanics