[Mechanics] Davlok's Random Testing Shack

Monk
Prev 1 5 6 7 32 Next
Thirdly, and finally, because I just remembered I started numbering!

Back to Ave Dam on Rings versus on Weapons
(deleted body)
TL:DR

On Weapon Max Damage Worth (Average damage Value) = Minimum Damage Worth

On other Gear (Jewelry) Max Damage Worth = 1/2 Minimum Damage Worth ...
AKA Max Damage on Jewelry is half as effective as Minimum Damage on Jewelry, and to find how much Max Damage would be added onto the weapon, take the Max Damage side of the added damage side affix 155 from Example before and subtract the minimum damage 80 (from ex.) = 75 onto the maximum damage range.

It could've been written like this +80 min damage roll, +75 max damage roll.. but back when there was minimum and max damage separate affixes this would've probably caused problems more confusing than 80-155 is actually 80 - 80 + 75

okay perhaps this should be on a separate thread here [For Full Explanation] http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300418133?page=1#0
08/05/2015 08:26 AMPosted by Vox
Davlok, do you know if damage reductions from different inner sanctuary runes stack?

Sorry, I don't believe so. At least the damage bonus from multiple forbidden palaces don't. I think the best way to test would be to use a Vigilance and stack your own Forbidden Palace on the proc while inside the brawling arena and the other guy tells you if his damage changes ^_^
hey davlok

can test if stricken gem is based on sheet APS or it actually proccs on every hit of generators that can have much more higher APS then the sheet tooltip for APS

LIke if it haves a ICD of 1/APS

Or it procks on every hit of generators with all the enhanced speed they can get form default speed of generators, 2set storm and talent and procs etc

ofc probably with hundred fist probably doesn't procs more then once on second hit in its own cycle of 1 2 3?

And how it works with uliana and SSS and its 14 hits from SSS and other 14 hits form EP on each cast on single target ^^
So Broken Promises is NOT bugged when used with SSS?
08/06/2015 10:24 PMPosted by DravenShrike

I never saw why it should have been bugged. It works the same as it does now: 4 BP-Chance with 7 Chances to crit per SSS.

But can someone test the new TR mechanic:

Tempest Rush

Attack speed will no longer cause Tempest Rush to attack faster; instead the resource cost and damage will scale with attack speed

Is this a nerf or a buff? Losing the breakpoints also means having slower procs, right? Or has the proc coefficient changed? How does IAS scale the damage of TR?
08/06/2015 05:43 PMPosted by Enoone
And how it works with uliana and SSS and its 14 hits from SSS and other 14 hits form EP on each cast on single target ^^

I am one of those casual non-season players, so even on PTR haven't had the time to level or access the seasonal Bane of the Stricken or Lion Claw to test >_< So no idea if the ICD for Stricken is based off APS or just some flat value.

As for WotHF's 2nd strike with 7+ mini-punches, they do each count as a separate attack, but will all likely occur during the ICD and would not count more than once. ie - BP's ICD is flat, so if you had sloooow attack speed, the 2nd strike could last longer than 15 frames and count more than 1 BP stack. Same thing with SSS + LC. When the ICD is determined, convert that to frames. SSS's animation was reduced recently (without LC, SSS now seems to take ~75 frames to cast without LC, so expect only every 2nd or 3rd strike to count towards BP or BoS.

08/06/2015 10:24 PMPosted by DravenShrike

Not as far as I can tell for SSS. It obeys the ICD. Each strike of SSS (cept FO) only attacks ONE target which is ideal for BP.

08/07/2015 03:03 AMPosted by electrofux
Attack speed will no longer cause Tempest Rush to attack faster; instead the resource cost and damage will scale with attack speed

Is this a nerf or a buff? Losing the breakpoints also means having slower procs, right? Or has the proc coefficient changed? How does IAS scale the damage of TR?

I don't think this is a nerf. It was more of a server stability issue, and they just didn't want to have to track 3x APS number of ticks, and just probably keep it at a constant 3, and just multiply the damage by APS instead. So at first glance it seems like a relative nerf to 2Hers that wanted to hover around 1 APS, but the actual stack gain for Flurry seemed approximately the same as a DW setup with 1.4 speed weapons. (~5 stacks/second).

Napkin for DW - 90%*1.4*1.15 = 145% which is around the original 150% anyways

Edit: the cast animation for SSS may have been reduced so the frame data mentioned above would be wrong >_>
08/07/2015 06:19 AMPosted by Davlok

08/07/2015 03:03 AMPosted by electrofux

I don't think this is a nerf. It was more of a server stability issue, and they just didn't want to have to track 3x APS number of ticks, and just probably keep it at a constant 3, and just multiply the damage by APS instead. So at first glance it seems like a relative nerf to 2Hers that wanted to hover around 1 APS, but the actual stack gain for Flurry seemed significantly faster on PTR that overall I feel this is a buff to TR:Flurry. I'll try and test some more this weekend.

Napkin for DW - 90%*1.4*1.15 = 145% which is around the original 150% anyways

I hope my Shard of Hate still proccs like Raziel but i fear proc rate has not been taken care of.
08/07/2015 06:55 AMPosted by electrofux
I hope my Shard of Hate still proccs like Raziel but i fear proc rate has not been taken care of.

I believe last time anyone checked it still was only limited by a .3 second ICD. So will be as fun as before most likely.
EP: Essence Burn PTR Testing

Wasn't too impressed when reading the patch notes on the change to Essence Burn, but then probably assumed the stacking would allow the full damage to be dealt... but then drop off after the 3 seconds. So you wouldn't be just refreshing your EB explosion DoT each SSS.

EP:EB DoT Mechanics:
1875% weapon damage DoT over 12 ticks (11 @ 166.66% wd/ea, 1 @ 41.67% wd)
3260% weapon damage Explosion DoT over 12 ticks (12 @ 271.66% wd/ea)

Latest PTR change = The DoT effect applied by the on death explosion now stacks

Now, I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but each DoT stack doesn't expire after 3 seconds and continuously stacks without a cap....

Screenshot of Testing
http://i.imgur.com/BxNRByr.jpg

1--2--3
4--5--6
7--8--9
10-11-12
13-14-15

Stats = normalized Staff of Herding with 14% EP Damage

Test #1 = Basic Attack = Reference
24,855 damage (100% weapon damage)

Test #2 = EP:EB DoT
24,855 * 1.666 * 1.14 = 27225
Conclusion = EB DoT does correct damage

Test #3 = EP:EB Explosion DoT
24,855 * 271.66 * 1.14 = 76,975
Conclusion = EB DoT Explosion does correct damage

Test #4-15 = EP:EB's DoT after a complete SSS. (no Lion's Claw)
After 1 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 538,826.00
After 2 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 1,077,651.00
After 3 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 1,616,476.00
After 4 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 2,155,302.00
After 5 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 2,694,127.00
After 6 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 3,232,952.00
After 7 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 3,771,778.00
After 8 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 4,310,604.00
After 9 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 4,849,429.00
After 10 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 5,388,254.00
After 11 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 5,927,080.00
After 12 SSS, EP:ES DoT Tick = 6,465,905.00

So... essentially each successive SSS adds a complete extra set of EP:EB DoTs to the mix, and never falls off. So combined with Bane of the Stricken means RG will mysteriously die. That means compared to EP: Impending Doom, any difficulty where you expect to take more than 3 SSS per encounter, should use Essence Burn.

Of course, if this stacking behavior is deemed "unintended" then we're back to using Cold probably >_>

EDIT: So if the Essence Burn DoT only lasted 3 seconds the first EB DoT would expire a few frames before the 2nd SSS started casting. (~87.6$ SSS CDR = 1.74s CD) That means the DoT would never stack past 7 (14 with LC) DoTs, and Cold would win out.
There's a problem with Gungdo when using essence fire.

Attack 1 monster only
Without Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 4 times when using SSS.
With Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 4 times when using SSS.

Attack 2 monsters only
Without Lion's Claw, EP can be triggered 7 times when using SSS.
With Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 10 times when using SSS.

And I've tested the animation of SSS
Without lion it would be 23F+11F*6, every hit except the last hit would be followed with an 11F animation.
Without lion it would be 23F+5F*13, every hit except the last hit would be followed with an 5F animation.

I guess Gungdo will only activate after the first tick

Last update just remove all the animation after hit.
08/09/2015 01:27 AMPosted by 詩骨玉神裁
There's a problem with Gungdo when using essence fire.

Attack 1 monster only
Without Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 4 times when using SSS.
With Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 4 times when using SSS.

Attack 2 monsters only
Without Lion's Claw, EP can be triggered 7 times when using SSS.
With Lion's Claw, EP can only be triggered 10 times when using SSS.

And I've tested the animation of SSS
Without lion it would be 23F+11F*6, every hit except the last hit would be followed with an 11F animation.
Without lion it would be 23F+5F*13, every hit except the last hit would be followed with an 5F animation.

I guess Gungdo will only activate after the first tick

Last update just remove all the animation after hit.

I too was able to replicate EP:EB detonating only 4 times per SSS with only Gungdo equipped. Without a Lion's Claw it only detonates an EP every other strike, exploding on the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th strike... almost as if there was an ICD present, but it does seem more likely that the game is thinking the previous EP has already been detonated, and it has to wait for the next one's DoT to tick one before acknowledging a new EP is active and detonating it (after skipping a few strikes...)

And since Madstone correctly detonates EP 7/14 times correctly; going Gungdo-only might not be ideal until this issue is fixed.

Nice catch 詩骨玉神裁! I will also fill out a bug report on this issue.

Bug Report Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300119349#1
Well, I guess it doesn't matter anymore since it appears the stacking as it is now will be fixed. So it won't really matter if the Gungdo-only issue is fixed or not, the end result if each instance of EP:Essence Burn drops off after 3 seconds is that Impending Doom is back to always dealing ~1.94x the damage (and probably the only viable option).

Excel Fun! (if EB DoT deals its full damage, then drops)
http://i.imgur.com/ORLaEHJ.png

But just for fun, I was curious how much better EB was than ID currently over time; around 5x after 1 min, 25x after 5 min, and 50x after 10 min. Summed up here: http://imgur.com/a/NiEBu.

#square1
Is WoTF:A bonus applied before or after U2 EP?
Davlok .. how did you manage to get the primary attack ( default attack Not a gen, tho it does gen a lil ) on your skill bar??

you had it on APS testing IIRC video..
A while back I investigated LpS for myself and wrote up a Google Docs spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1au2cosHtXpCR06jBHq1NGtTdK1Mdpne-OYJy70UfxNA/edit?usp=sharing

Looked up the max regen you could get from gear, and for solo, the highest semi-achievable LpS is 940,487 which would mean a 1,880,975 HP shield ^_^ I'm sure with group buffs from Warcry/Laws/etc could bump that to 2m+

You're forgetting Rogar. I've been able to get 3.7M+ shields with it. Admittedly it requires Death's Bargain to keep your health percentage low to make that happen.
08/21/2015 03:14 AMPosted by ScavellTane
Is WoTF:A bonus applied before or after U2 EP?

Seems like after unfortunately. Though if you SSS afterwards, it will only "miss" the first EP explosion as you will reapply it right after with the buff.

08/21/2015 02:54 PMPosted by Darth
Davlok .. how did you manage to get the primary attack ( default attack Not a gen, tho it does gen a lil ) on your skill bar??

you had it on APS testing IIRC video..

Select the skill in another slot.

08/21/2015 05:09 PMPosted by bbbar
You're forgetting Rogar. I've been able to get 3.7M+ shields with it. Admittedly it requires Death's Bargain to keep your health percentage low to make that happen.

Yea, I didn't have a Bargain saved up to test. Looks like Rogar's bonus gets the double dip from sustenance on top of Enduring?
Does Pain Enhancer benefit from EP?
08/28/2015 02:18 AMPosted by ScavellTane
Does Pain Enhancer benefit from EP?

Not sure what you're asking, but PE should proc on EP crits, and IAS shouldn't affect EP damage.
Hey Daviok, I have probably an easy question I've been spending my time googling, but can't find an answer.

With respect to Zei's, is SSS considered a "ranged" attack if you cast it at max range from enemies?
08/30/2015 05:15 PMPosted by Logos
Hey Daviok, I have probably an easy question I've been spending my time googling, but can't find an answer.

With respect to Zei's, is SSS considered a "ranged" attack if you cast it at max range from enemies?

Quick test says it is calculated from the base of the SSS cast location (the circle on the ground as you disappear)