How does Gem of Ease works?

Items and Crafting
Hello. I just leveled up a Gem of Easy up to level 25, made a new character and equipped it on a weapon. Created a T6 game, killed one monster and bam! level 9... so far so good. The problem is that, after that I get no experience at all from any monster.

I had to leave the game and re-create in order to gain some more levels, before the same issue happens again.

Am I missing something? Thanks!
Gem of Ease...when you inserted to your Lvl70 weapon, that weapon can be used by your Level 1 hero.

So, that gem when inserted to any high lvl weapons, it will turn that weapon into a lvl 1 so you can use it. :) But it must be a level 25 Gem for this to work.

You'll feel powerful!
Yes, I get that. That's what I did... but after killing one single monster, I wasn't getting any experience at all. Had to remake the game.
The game can not keep up with your fast leveling. You'll see the pop up windows for your spells and levels long after you have leveled.

Stay calm, give it some time, or recreate the game.

No hurry, the xp is there, the game is just... hmm... slow...

:)
hah never actually read how that gem works. I guess I'll level it up now and maybe even level an OP monk.

Cool tidbit. And I am slightly derp.
When you pop into a zone all those monsters that load are around your current level. So when you kill a mob and gain 9 levels all those other monsters that loaded when you zoned in are still level 0-1.

Every 5-10 levels or when you feel like the gaining has stopped just WP to a brand new zone and you will get monsters spawning at around your new level.
03/09/2015 09:10 AMPosted by Diranux
When you pop into a zone all those monsters that load are around your current level. So when you kill a mob and gain 9 levels all those other monsters that loaded when you zoned in are still level 0-1.

Every 5-10 levels or when you feel like the gaining has stopped just WP to a brand new zone and you will get monsters spawning at around your new level.

this man gets it
I've used the gem several times to level characters. I did not experience the issue you have. I created a T6 game and quickly leveled to about 40, at which point I was getting one-shotted over and over because my gear was so obsolete.

The best way that I found to use the Gem of Ease is to find a level 70 weapon that drops with a socket which has another affix that you can roll for reduced requirement and try to get it down into the 50"s. Start at the beginning at T6 and lower it by 1 every 10 levels. When you get to the point where you can use the weapon without the gem of ease then you swap it out for a ruby or an emerald, depending on level (emerald for 60+).

A faster way to level is to find a level 70 friend to power level you.
03/09/2015 08:21 AMPosted by Xour
Yes, I get that. That's what I did... but after killing one single monster, I wasn't getting any experience at all. Had to remake the game.

This is usually due to the game not increasing monster level until a new monster spawns.

On your first level 1 enemy you usually gain 6-9 levels worth of experience. However, every other enemy is still level one as well so while it seems you got 0 XP, you actually got XP from a level 1 enemy.

When you encounter a new pack, they will match your current level and you will gain XP proportionate to that enemy.

The thing is you're just leveling so quickly that the enemies can't keep up with your XP flow.
for fun: get a team of lvl 1 toons together (all w/ Gem of Ease equipped) and run Campaign on T6. You'll be at 50 (or 60) by the time you kill SK. (I forgot which level the clan mate said he was at when he killed SK.) It was about that time he had to drop a level or two.

again, this idea is for fun, not speed. it beats the humdrum of bounty/(g)rift runs.
Thanks Diranux and Drothvader, make perfect sense.
03/09/2015 09:41 AMPosted by DogBone
for fun: get a team of lvl 1 toons together (all w/ Gem of Ease equipped) and run Campaign on T6. You'll be at 50 (or 60) by the time you kill SK. (I forgot which level the clan mate said he was at when he killed SK.) It was about that time he had to drop a level or two.

again, this idea is for fun, not speed. it beats the humdrum of bounty/(g)rift runs.

I'm usually 60ish when I complete my 5th Bounty. The Gem of Ease is pretty slick.
Level 70 weapon with main,vit,loh and a socket (for the gem),leveling at T2/T3 up to lvl70 is the best way to level solo without dying too much only by picking up the loot.
03/09/2015 10:06 AMPosted by DEATHWISH
is the best way to level solo without dying too much only by picking up the loot.

Well, I'm on HC so the 'dying too much' part is not good for me :P