Nvidia Video cards

Technical Support
I just bought a new Alienware computer with a Nvidia GeForce GTX760 Ti. Does any one know why it wont run Diablo 3, or if there are any fixes? The game keeps stuttering, skips frames, slow to react to mouse commands, you name it.

I've read where the Nvidia Video cards don't do well in Diablo 3, but no solutions. Can anyone help?

PS I have a ATI Radeon 5900 on my 5 year old computer and it runs it flawlessly.
I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M works fine, I play it on max settings. Maybe you need updated drivers is all.
03/11/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Argos
The game keeps stuttering, skips frames, slow to react to mouse commands, you name it.

Sounds like my normal Diablo experience playing on a ATI card. Granted, this card is 4 years old.

:D
03/11/2015 01:19 PMPosted by Liakos
I use a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M works fine, I play it on max settings. Maybe you need updated drivers is all.

I updated the drivers. Maybe I got a bad one? Curios to see if anyone else is using a GeForce 700 series cards
My Nvidia GTX660Ti runs it flawlessly, so if it is Nvidia, it should be that specific card model. I doubt it tho.

Check for driver update
Optimise game via GeForce Experience (should come installed with your card I think)
Any recent programs installed (mostly things like security / Firewall, CPU / GPU monitor(s)) Programs like can have a nasty habit of screwing things over.

Do other games run well or not?
You could have a faulty card (happens from time to time) But don't jump on this conclusion right away (check other things first)

PS I have a ATI Radeon 5900 on my 5 year old computer and it runs it flawlessly.

Use your old computer!
There are tons of nVidia card issues since day one.

I have a GTX 750 Ti and I did have some stuttering and it really didn't run it all that much better than my previous 8800 GTS. I did find improvement by doing these two things:
- uncheck the option to limit foreground and background framerate
- update my onboard sound drivers from Realtek website

It still drops fps during 4 player heated battles though. What are your video settings?
03/11/2015 01:33 PMPosted by Argos
I updated the drivers. Maybe I got a bad one? Curios to see if anyone else is using a GeForce 700 series cards

I read reviews on my comp (laptop) before I bought it and foudn this in case it helps.

"Turns out, one of the NVIDIA control center updates made the laptop use the integrated graphics chip by default, instead of the beefy NVIDIA 870 that the laptop carries. You must change a setting in the NVIDIA control panel, forcing the computer to always use the 870. After that change, same game ran @ 45+ FPS on high settings."

This applies to my graphics card, but maybe it's just an overall NVidia issue
I'm using a GTX 750Ti with no problems. 1920x1080 (16:9 Widescreen) and High Quality Settings. Windows 7, 64-bit.
Just replaced my old ATI (fan quit) with a GTX 650 (money is tight). No complaints.
Diablo 3 probably has corrupted files. This has happened to me before. You should try to test another game out to make sure.
03/11/2015 01:35 PMPosted by Mupasthech

Use your old computer!

Yeah, there's always one of these guys in the crowd
Thank you all for your suggestions, I tried them all bur nothing seems to help, I'm beginning to believe it's a bad card. I'll get tech support to send me another one and try that. Thanks again.
There are serious crashing issues with Diablo 3 and NVIDIA cards. There are many threads in this forum on it, and you can google diablo 3 nvidia crash

Something in the 2.1 patch broke the game for many NVIDIA users. Some cards work, many don't. Nobody seems to know why, including Blizzard.

Try other games first before returning your card. If they all work then you can assume you're a victim of the same bug and need to wait (hope!) that Blizzard fixes it.
GTX 770 here running 1920x1080 at max setting with no issues. There are one or two areas in the game which create some stuttering, but it appears that this is common for most players.
I have a 660m for laptops... had to update drivers... the new ones that just came out last month cured my fps lag issue. went from 9-7fps during heated battles to around 20-30... and usually around 50-80fps.

according to my tech guy, the graphics card is better then my i73630mq a quad core laptop chip with 4 cores.. that goes from 2.4-3.4ghz with auto turbo boosting.