New Blood Shard Cap

Items and Crafting
1 2 3 9 Next
They snuck it into the 2.2 notes that Blood Sharp cap gets raised by ten every time you achieve a new personal best. Will this apply retroactively somehow so newer folks don't end up with higher blood shard caps?
Will need to do again once patch hits.
•Nephalem Rifts •You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts
•The cap will be increased by 10 shards per Greater Rift level completed

So can you slow-roll through the rifts (wait until there is less than 4:30 left to kill the RG) and gain 10 to your BS cap at each level? Or does it Just look at your total best time and multiply that by your highest level?

I'm not sure if personal best is based on best time, or highest level, or some combination of the two.
So can you slow-roll through the rifts (wait until there is less than 4:30 left to kill the RG) and gain 10 to your BS cap at each level? Or does it Just look at your total best time and multiply that by your highest level?

You don't need to do Rift level by level just skip to level 25 and ur get a cap increase of 250 right away.
Its not everytime you achieve personal best.. its by GR level beaten. From blue post:

03/11/2015 03:27 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Aside from creating better call-outs in the game when you beat your previous best Greater Rift, we also plan to raise the Blood Shard cap by ten for each solo Greater Rift level you beat. For example, a player who beats Greater Rift 30 would be able to hold up to 800 Blood Shards at one time.
Just a few clarifications:

• The boost to your cap is not retroactive. You will need to run additional solo Greater Rifts after 2.2.0 goes live to update your Blood Shard cap.
  • Your cap will increase by 10 per solo Greater Rift level completed. For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).
  • Your "Personal Best" is defined by the highest Greater Rift level you reach. In the case of increasing your Blood Shard cap, this only applies to your highest solo Greater Rift level reached.

Hope this is more clear!
03/11/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The boost to your cap is not retroactive.

Any particular reason why not? Aside from pointless inconvenience for players? O_o

edit- the logic behind the increase is that higher grifts in particular need more space. Until they manage a higher rift, they will be plagued "capping" more than anyone else.

If it's a QoL change, why are the ones most in need of it the least likely to benefit?

At least at first?

I dont care, it will be easy for me - i just dont see the logic in the decision.

edit2 -forgive me if i misunderstand, but it is your BEST rift, correct? Or is it your best post-patch starting at 1? I can follow that even tho i'm still a bit baffled at the decision.
Just a few clarifications:

• The boost to your cap is not retroactive. You will need to run additional solo Greater Rifts after 2.2.0 goes live to update your Blood Shard cap.
  • Your cap will increase by 10 per solo Greater Rift level completed. For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).
  • Your "Personal Best" is defined by the highest Greater Rift level you reach. In the case of increasing your Blood Shard cap, this only applies to your highest solo Greater Rift level reached.

Hope this is more clear!

GRift 50 only gets us to a 1000 cap.....

I still feel like that cap increase should be tied to paragon... not GRifts
03/11/2015 05:33 PMPosted by DeathGodGang
GRift 50 only gets us to a 1000 cap.....

I still feel like that cap increase should be tied to paragon... not GRifts
Thats not a bad idea but anything is better than the 500 cap.
Highly Rated
They increase the cap in a cool way and people still biiitch and complain.

#crybabies
I'm happy with the new cap.

GJ!
Still not clear. Is it better to start with low number and just in crease by one level each time? Or would you derive the same benefit if you did level 40 right out the gate?

Just looking for a clarification.
Thanks
very good!

i also like it to be not retroactive. common guys, wipe your tears.
just make it 5000
03/11/2015 05:32 PMPosted by MrWarglaive
The boost to your cap is not retroactive.

Any particular reason why not? Aside from pointless inconvenience for players? O_o

edit- the logic behind the increase is that higher grifts in particular need more space. Until they manage a higher rift, they will be plagued "capping" more than anyone else.

If it's a QoL change, why are the ones most in need of it the least likely to benefit?

At least at first?

I dont care, it will be easy for me - i just dont see the logic in the decision.

edit2 -forgive me if i misunderstand, but it is your BEST rift, correct? Or is it your best post-patch starting at 1? I can follow that even tho i'm still a bit baffled at the decision.

Sorry, I'm not getting you. But people who are able to do higher Grifts acquire blood shards faster. So people who are able to do higher Grifts gain a higher cap. So I see people who need the cap more, do benefit more. Though I would argue that the overall +10 to blood shard cap/greater rift level achieved is still a bit on the low side.
03/11/2015 05:54 PMPosted by Fragbait
Still not clear. Is it better to start with low number and just in crease by one level each time? Or would you derive the same benefit if you did level 40 right out the gate?

Thanks

yes, if you complete 40 solo, you get a 400+ shard cap, right off. no need to do one grift level at a time.
Your "Personal Best" is defined by the highest Greater Rift level you reach.

I assume the personal best works separately for each character in an account, but just for clarification, if I beat Greater Rift 40 solo with my Demon Hunter, does my Blood Shard cap increase account wide to my other characters as well or is the cap character specific?

Thanks

Your cap will increase by 10 per solo Greater Rift level completed. For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).

Some people need to go back to school and learn to read

Thanks

Comes out the same either way. 10 blood shard per Greater Rift you complete in time. It just looks at your highest GR completed and take that number and x 10. For example, if your highest solo GR ever achieved on your characters is 40... 40 x 10 = 400 increase to the 500, giving you a new cap of 900. At least that's my understanding of how it's going to work.

Not sure if HC/SC will be split, guessing it will be.
For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).

Retroactive blah!

You only need to do one GR post patch to get to your cap. If you really don't want to waste time getting there post patch, just save the highest solo GRstone you can currently do in your stash.