New Blood Shard Cap

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
So if you have multiple 70's for say season 3, Do you get the blood shard boost for each 70? say you have 4 that can all do lvl 25 grifts, do you get 1000 extra blood shards giving you a cap of 1500?
I don't understand all the QQ. Currently you complete two GR 40+ and you have to go see Kadala.

For those who don't like to do GRs then its five T6 rifts before having to cash them in (unless you come across a BGob).

Scaling the cap to GR levels makes the most sense...It means people that enjoy Higher GR don't necessarily have to go spend the shards every second rift.

As for Balancing of classes and disadvantages- this is almost irrelevant... even if there were 10 rifts between two classes its only 100 blood shards on the cap. I wouldn't call that a massive disadvantage.

Any movement in the right direction is a good move. Thanks for listening Blizz.
Some people really don't get it...

Current cap is 500. For all your characters, so blood shard cap is not per character.
You should really compare it with the stash or artisans.
It's a different one for HC and SC, and a different one for Season and Non-Season, but once you upgrade it for one particular mode, you have it on all characters in that mode.

About increasing the cap, on patch day it will be still 500.
Once you finish your first solo GR, you cap is increased according to the formula of 10*GR level.
So doing a GR 30, will increase your cap by 300, for a total of 800 for that mode (e.g. Softcore Non-Season).

That's it!

There is no need to do levels 1 by 1, there is no need to do it for every character, or things like this.
Another point that many people bring up is your current best GR clear. This has nothing to do with anything, and it won't matter if your current record is 50 or 25.
What matters is only what is the highest GR level you will clear, solo, once the patch hits.

Also you are playing with 500 cap today, any class can easily do GR 35 with ease, that will get you to 850.

It really is a cool way to increase the cap, to add a little incentive to push GRs.

As to why it's tied to GRs, it's the fact that blood shard amount rewarded from GRs increases with level, so you reach the cap faster when doing GRs.

Using the fact that some classes can get a 100-150 blood shard cap when trying to make an argument for class balance is not the best way to do it imo.
A little bonus for people who play high GRs. Seems reasonable to me. The only people who can be legitimately upset are people with OCD who need their shard cap to end in 00.
1. It doesn't matter what greater rift you have done so far at all. If your personal best now is 50 and after patch you will make greater rift level 10 then it will be your new record and you will get +100 to cap. TL;DR NONE IS SCREWED
2. Even if you don't like grifts it's not a big deal to make one to get your cap increase. It takes less than 15min1sec.
3. It will obviously be account wide because otherwise if you would get +400 on your WD and accumulate 900 shards then switch to fresh Barb that have +0 then you would lost 400 shards? Obviously not
4. Seriously I don't know why ppl think DH is best class by far and you can only achieve high grift with it. Current Word Record is hold by Barbarian(Alkaizer) and it is grift 52. Highest from other classes: DH 51 Monk 51 Crus 50 Wiz 49 WD 47. While I agree that WD have a little disadvantage here I want to point out it's just 60 shards difference in blood cap. IT IS SMALL
5. Please don't write about PTR. PTR is PTR. Today Barb can do 60 and tomorrow they will change something and it can be the worst class. There was a moment when on PTR before patch 2.1.2 Barbs were doing 60+ I think (after density was greatly increased and before conduit pylon nerf) It never go through to live so please stop using PTR as argument.
what if I've already pretty much done as well as I can and will probably have difficulties topping my current 'personal best'? Are our personal bests reset or something?
03/12/2015 07:54 AMPosted by normalice
what if I've already pretty much done as well as I can and will probably have difficulties topping my current 'personal best'? Are our personal bests reset or something?

They reset ONLY for the cap increase. Your best solo Grift will remain untouched.
However, for the shard cap increase "bonus", once the patch goes live, you will have to run a new solo Grift. And that will determine how much cap space you earn.
I like this idea a lot.

BUT 10 / level is WAY WAY WAY too low.

Come on seriously, stop being so stingy with everything Blizzard. It should be at least 50 / level...
What I am wondering about is what was mentioned before:

If I log in with my Wizard and clear GR 35 that bumps me to 850 for that mode. Then if I log in with my DH and clear GR 30 do I get another 300 for a total of 1150 for the mode?

Also if I clear GR 30 in 12:00:00 and get the 300 increase, then get a new personal best of 11:00:00 with the same character in GR 30, do we get another 300 since its a new personal best?
Or is it tied ONLY to the level completed and not actually the personal best?
the patch reads:
You can now increase your Blood Shard cap by achieving a personal best in Solo Greater Rifts
03/11/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Just a few clarifications:

• The boost to your cap is not retroactive. You will need to run additional solo Greater Rifts after 2.2.0 goes live to update your Blood Shard cap.
  • Your cap will increase by 10 per solo Greater Rift level completed. For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).
  • Your "Personal Best" is defined by the highest Greater Rift level you reach. In the case of increasing your Blood Shard cap, this only applies to your highest solo Greater Rift level reached.

Hope this is more clear!

For people with questions please read the blizz post it is extremely clear...

Once again though 10 / level is way too low!
+blood shard cap is awesome but to get the highest possible cap you have to use certain classes.
03/11/2015 05:46 PMPosted by swiftbizzare
They increase the cap in a cool way and people still biiitch and complain.

#crybabies

Troll posts get 19 likes? Interesting,..

The bloodshard cap needs to be like 10k by default. It serves no purpose beyond being annoying. Blizzard's stated purpose of ensuring players spend them as they are gained is an affront to player choice in how to use the resources they earned and is not really a legitimate reason for the cap at all.

There is nothing "cool" about doing what you do anyway and being rewarded with at best double the current cap. In this case I don't want "cool" so much as I want the problem fixed. Fixed to me means that most players should never even see a blood shard cap at all, much less run into it all the time.
Please increase the amount of blue items kadala gives. Thanks!!
The bloodshard cap needs to be like 10k by default. It serves no purpose beyond being annoying. Blizzard's stated purpose of ensuring players spend them as they are gained is an affront to player choice in how to use the resources they earned and is not really a legitimate reason for the cap at all.

Whilst i agree with the premiss of your post, this change is better than nothing.
/shrug
03/12/2015 08:29 AMPosted by DOOM

The purpose for it being low in the beginning is to make sure newer players spend the shards, as they are an important part of early progression.

Not sure why anyone would need a 10k shard cap. I think this system is fine, maybe a bump to 15 shards per level would be nice, but fine.
03/11/2015 06:00 PMPosted by KwShinigami
just make it 5000

this. 10 each level? an extra 300 at gr 30? okay, i'll take it i suppose.
03/12/2015 09:16 AMPosted by smokeypoo
03/12/2015 08:29 AMPosted by DOOM

The purpose for it being low in the beginning is to make sure newer players spend the shards, as they are an important part of early progression.

Not sure why anyone would need a 10k shard cap. I think this system is fine, maybe a bump to 15 shards per level would be nice, but fine.

That´s not logical reasoning.
A newer player, with all the hand holding notifications, will know when he is about to reach the cap or already capped. If he can´t figure out what to do with them, then he can always use a search engine and find out. He has to have internet to play the game anyway.
Unless consoles, but whatever.

The fact is the cap will still be on the low side, even for 50+ clears.
1k shards is about 4 Grift speedRuns/High level Grifts, or roughly 8 normal rifts.
If i´m playing a Barb, Monk or DH, for the clear speed sake, and want to get something for my WD or Sader, for example, i´ll have to log out, spend and log in again.

When you are solo, this is not a problem, only time consuming.
When you run with guildies, this is also not a problem.
When in PUG´s... this can be a problem.

I don´t run pug´s for several reasons, but i know that a lot of people do. And with all the impatience/imaturity running around, it´s easy to forsee headaches in those situations.

Having a cap, say, 2k shards for everyone, would allow the increased number of shards gained (speedGrifts, Blood Gobos and speedRifts) to not represent an imediate issue. It would take several runs to be capped, and if people gave you an atitude about it, you could always leave, spend shards and find another pug.

This cap increase is better than nothing, granted.
But it still is a bandaid instead of a propper fix.
I would have liked to have a tiered reward system. The higher you go, the more challenging it is so why not be rewarded for higher levels?

Greater Rifts 1-20: 10 shards per level
Greater Rifts 21-40: 20 shards per level
Greater Rifts 41-60: 30 shards per level
etc.

But then, this is simpler. And even with this simpler system, going by the posts here, there are lots of people who are still :confused: :/
Why don't you also raise the cap a little for everyone in addition to the solo GR cap? I't feels like 750-1000 would be nice and also wouldn't change much in the way of spending the shards. It will also not alienate the players that haven't completed high GR's as badly. let there be no mistake, if players are being discriminated against in groups now because of paragon lvl this new blood shard cap will only widen the inequality gap. High GR players will not want to wait for low GR players to spend shards and salvage.
New Blood Shard Cap

Referring to this:

03/11/2015 05:28 PMPosted by Nevalistis
Just a few clarifications:

• The boost to your cap is not retroactive. You will need to run additional solo Greater Rifts after 2.2.0 goes live to update your Blood Shard cap.
  • Your cap will increase by 10 per solo Greater Rift level completed. For example, if you complete a level 20 solo Greater Rift right after the patch launches, your cap will increase to 700 (a bonus of 200). If you then complete a level 21 solo Greater Rift, your cap will increase by another 10 ( and so forth).
  • Your "Personal Best" is defined by the highest Greater Rift level you reach. In the case of increasing your Blood Shard cap, this only applies to your highest solo Greater Rift level reached.

Hope this is more clear!

First of all I want to thank you, for giving us the chance, to increase our Blood Shard Cap.

But why limit this chance to Solo Greater Rifts?

Well, there are two groups of people: One group prefers solo-play; the other one prefers group-play.

So why do you reward just one of these two groups?
The next problem is the class balance.

For some classes it will be easier, to reach higher Solo Greater Rifts; for other classes it will be harder!

Can you really guarantee a perfect balance between all the classes?
Well, I do not think so!

So why not increasing the Blood Shard Cap by our best Greater Rift; regardless of whether Solo Greater Rift or Group Greater Rift?

Here is an example:

Your best Group Greater Rift is level 18.
Your best Solo Greater Rift is level 20.
So this will increase your Blood Shard Cap to 700.
If you then complete a level 21 Group Greater Rift, your cap will be increased to 710 ( and so forth).