I wanna give this game one last chance

General Discussion
Ermm, hi. So, like the title says. I'm gonna try it out for another 30 days and if i don't get relevant drops and some actual progression i'm canning this franchise. But before i do that would someone be kind enough to answer me some questions?

1. If i'm gonna give it the last chance should i start now or wait a couple more patches?

2. What is the most OP easy class with easy obtainable loot. My definition of fun in this game is to slay monsters fast without getting carpal tunnel from a huge amount of clicking to dodge from one shots(i loved the old whirlwind barb, LOVED HIM, most fun i had in this game and the only fun i had unfortunately). And loot wise, i won't be playing 10 years to farm for specific items. If i don't find the items i need in 30 days than it truly shows me how entirely flawed this game is.

Some info about my progression so far if it might help:

-I have almost all classes to 70 (except the WD which i loathe . . . . and it was the first char i started with).
-My paragon lvl is extremely low, so please if suggesting don't think that i have 50 on all paragon stats.
-Even if i have some required items (which most likely isn't the case; i haven't even found a marauder set for my DH which has a couple of hundred hours on) don't put them into the equation.
-The most time i've spent on the game was pre-RoS. So i don't know every nook and cranny.

If someone can respond, thank you for taking the time to help me out.
03/08/2015 12:32 AMPosted by gogu87
Some info about my progression so far if it might help:

-I have almost all classes to 70 (except the WD which i loathe . . . . and it was the first char i started with).
-My paragon lvl is extremely low, so please if suggesting don't think that i have 50 on all paragon stats.
-Even if i have some required items (which most likely isn't the case; i haven't even found a marauder set for my DH which has a couple of hundred hours on) don't put them into the equation.
-The most time i've spent on the game was pre-RoS. So i don't know every nook and cranny.

Your account hasn't any progression. You have no characters , not even timed played.
I think you should just move on and find some other game that you enjoy playing.
03/08/2015 12:39 AMPosted by Fox
Your account hasn't any progression. You have no characters , not even timed played.
I think you should just move on and find some other game that you enjoy playing.

Hi, i'm playing on EU not US. (i'd ask there but i promised i wouldn't post there anymore since a year ago).
1. Wait until 2.2 is out.
2. Demon Hunter, Monk or the Condemn Crusader
D3 and ARPGs in particular aren't a good match for you going by your EU profile and post history.

Nothing I say or do will help you to enjoy a game that may take some serious time investment to see the full fruit of your labors realized.

Kind regards

=)
1. wait for 2.2.0
2. try troll then
Miss the WW barb too, that was the !@#$.
So, i should wait until 2.2 comes out then. Thanks. And trust me ARPG are the games i've spent most time in. Couple of years in D2(that sound bad actually when i say it out loud, time wise), and lots of months in Titan Quest, Torchlight, Path of Exile,Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege and so on. But that's irrelevant.
firebird wiz isn't OP, but it's super mindless and kind of fun sometimes. run, cast blizzard, run some more, blizzard, run some more. etc. I enjoy it on my non seasonal sorc.
2. And loot wise, i won't be playing 10 years to farm for specific items. If i don't find the items i need in 30 days than it truly shows me how entirely flawed this game is.

Well if you stick with one class, you should have a set of your choice in a day or two depending on how much you play.
03/08/2015 07:12 AMPosted by Phraxic
Well if you stick with one class, you should have a set of your choice in a day or two depending on how much you play.

That sounds nice, but i know for a fact that i wont find any set in a day or two, especially something specific. I will start playing 1-2 hours/day and maybe more on weekends.
03/08/2015 07:48 AMPosted by gogu87
03/08/2015 07:12 AMPosted by Phraxic

That sounds nice, but i know for a fact that i wont find any set in a day or two, especially something specific. I will start playing 1-2 hours/day and maybe more on weekends.

what do you consider progressioin from the 30 - 60 hours of play time you are giving this game... if you expect to be fully decked out in bis everywhere and perfect rolls and legendaries in all slots... it aint gonna happen in 30 days... if you are only playing 1 hour a day.

the rarest things in diablo 2 were never found by 99% of the community.... EVER
03/08/2015 11:15 AMPosted by Zaruen
what do you consider progressioin from the 30 - 60 hours of play time you are giving this game... if you expect to be fully decked out in bis everywhere and perfect rolls and legendaries in all slots... it aint gonna happen in 30 days... if you are only playing 1 hour a day.

no, i do not expect bis items. But i do expect to at least find good enough items to do a measly T6. I would have played a lot more if i didn't already experienced a lot of staleness in the past in this game. This is my favorite franchise and i gave it more chances to redeem itself than it deserved. That's why this is the last time i will give it a chance but at least try to find some mutual ground. You have no idea how bad my experience was/is in this game so far(back when i played 4-6 hours a day i had 0 item progression for over 2 months and i just don't want to invest so much time into it, ever).
03/08/2015 12:42 AMPosted by gogu87
i'd ask there but i promised i wouldn't post there anymore

Sounds like a winner.

Here ya go, guy - make of it what you will:

http://i.imgur.com/k9afRie.jpg
03/08/2015 12:53 AMPosted by gogu87
Couple of years in D2(that sound bad actually when i say it out loud, time wise), and lots of months in Titan Quest, Torchlight, Path of Exile,Van Helsing, Dungeon Siege and so on. But that's irrelevant.

Soooooo.... what's that in actual time, 30-40 hours?

03/08/2015 07:48 AMPosted by gogu87
I will start playing 1-2 hours/day and maybe more on weekends.
03/09/2015 01:01 AMPosted by MrWarglaive
Soooooo.... what's that in actual time, 30-40 hours?

no, make it thousands of hours(what can i say . . i didn't have many friends IRL)
But you expect everything on a silver platter from D3 ASAP in 1 hour a day?

You get out of it what you put into it, son. It's not a fast food drivethru.... yet.
i already spent 2k hours in D3 and got no progression out of it(and that is sad). Bad RNG is bad RNG. I think i put some time into it. Yes, i'm a casual not a hard core player that puts tons of time into it. But even me, a stinking casual, deserves to find something. How would you feel if you didn't find anything when you spent so much time. I'm not gonna lash out, but i will say this: i'm tired of finding countless of unusable items, countless of full blackthorne sets and no marauder sets after playing 1k hours on a DH.
03/09/2015 02:04 AMPosted by gogu87
i already spent 2k hours in D3 and got no progression out of

03/09/2015 02:04 AMPosted by gogu87
But even me, a stinking casual, deserves to find something.

I got more progression in the week after 2.1 dropped than i did before that since release.
I quit for several months... a few times.... but the gear "grind" is easier now than ever.

I really dont know what kind of vending machine you expect, but you'll probably get it.

Again, you talk about thousands of hours, but frankly i just dont believe you.

Since at your pace that's thousands of days.