Hello :)

Barbarian
How is everyone?

I haven't played in a while, how's the game going? I hear it's getting fun again.

03/17/2015 03:55 AMPosted by Anwin
03/17/2015 01:21 AMPosted by Wannabee808
Welcome back Morph :) only Death would be able to bring you out of meditation.

What's up Morph? Looking forward to a NZ vs Ind final soon ;-)

Can't let this one go without comment. That's crazy talk Anwin. I hope we meet in the final, twould be satisfying to thrash u guys again :).

@ DK

Hello my friend :)
Heya Morph! Its been a while mate.... Welcome Back i hope
Hello :)

I haven´t played D3 since early November. Now I came back for a while out of curiosity to test stuff on the PTR because the WW/Rend set caught my eye and it is quite fun. There is at least one more PTR patch coming, so I haven´t yet decided what I´ll do when patch 2.2 goes live, considering how long it would take to farm the items I have on the PTR later on live. Let me just say I feel pretty good good about the fact that I can actually stop playing D3 and it´s not such a big deal.

It´s always nice to see a familiar name from the past drop by. How have you been?
Well, I'll be damned. He resurfaces! Miss seeing you around, Morph. I'm sure you've been keeping busy doing things that are far more important. Hope you've been well. Would be sweet to see you in game again sometime in the future.
Hey Guys :)

Good to see you Tim, it has been quite a while. Hope you've been keeping well. I keep on vaguely thinking about playing again.

I never got around to buying RoS. The feedback initially wasn't great and they destroyed the intricate mechanics which gave the game extra depth. Also, it seemed to me that they decided to cater to a subsection of the playing community. Unfortunately I don't really have the time to commit the hours necessary to build my characters to a worthwhile level. There are always so many things demanding of your time.

But a friend of mine still plays and says it is getting more fun. I think I saw a quote from CC123 along the lines of "it's not the same, it's a different game, but it's still fun". So maybe.... :)

@ Nubtro

My name is Morpheus and I am a Diabloholic :).

Good morrow honoured Sir. I feel the same way, though I do miss the rush of playing when we were at the peak of our powers. More so I think though I miss the interaction with good Gentlemen like yourself. These forums and the fine people who populate it gave me a lot of enjoyment and satisfaction. Family, work and helping out in other areas have filled my time but I still have very fond memories of this fine group of people.

What have you been doing with yourself? Oh, and I very much enjoyed the interview you shared with us. It was great to learn a little more about you. I have great respect for you Sir.

@ Tak

Good to see you too mate. Yeah, I miss running around with all you guys too. I have been well. Hope you didn't freeze too much over winter up there mate :).

Do you think it's worthwhile playing again with limited time?
The playability of endgame is 10x better than vanilla imo.
Ther s actually stuff that leads to other stuff that leads to other stuff and there's a never ended ceiling for difficulty implemented and a leaderboard that is good at first but over time become an rng fishing competition.
For barbs there's 3x useable builds that are capable of GR 40+ which is about torment 13.

Edit: oh and you don't have to deal with auction on house bs.
Hi Morph, I hope you're doing well. RoS was initially a step backwards from vanilla, but it's coming right. Each patch makes it overall a better game. Barb was nerfed heavily, but is now looking very strong again.

I've mostly been playing DH, and now monk in season 2, but I'm very tempted to dust off a barb again, especially if there was an op player like you to carry me :-)

To answer your question about playing with limited time, I'd say yes. It doesn't take long to get decent gear, especially in a group. T6 is now cruise mode. Greater rifts are the endless scalable dungeons. You obviously don't get near the top of the leaderboard without putting in the time and effort, but you can still have fun and challenge yourself.
03/19/2015 04:32 AMPosted by Morpheus
@ Tak

Good to see you too mate. Yeah, I miss running around with all you guys too. I have been well. Hope you didn't freeze too much over winter up there mate :).

Do you think it's worthwhile playing again with limited time?

I think it would be. Initially, drop rates weren't that great. However, they're in a decent place at the moment (They're leaps and bounds above vanilla, so no need to worry about that), and with Kadala thrown in the mix, you could get geared up relatively quickly.

Seeing as you enjoy playing in groups as well, it would be even easier because we could just toss you all our gear so you could progress much faster. Once you are steamrolling T6 like everyone else, it would be a lot more fun.

There are a few guys with pretty limited time that still play and are enjoying it. Our old buddy demonknight is one of them.
Anyone else kinda disappointed the 1st line of the 1st post wasn't "is it me you're looking for?"
"I can see it in your eyes, I can see it in your smile" ...
Now that you mention it, I am a little bit.
http://prntscr.com/6iuiwb
Ello Mate!

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER BOYZ!!

Nived? PhatPhoEater? Where art thou, noobs!?
Are you somewhere... feeling lonely... or is someone hota-ing you....
Hi Morph. Welcome back.
came from the bottom now we here!
I still have you on my friends list Morpheus....please log in to reset the logged timer....we need the server space.

About the game. RoS is worth the money. (Yes gents, Bloody thinks it's worth it.)

When it released, Barb was 100% garbage....it was so awful that I'm not going to speak about it anymore, I complained endlessly in the forum....like for real.

But now....now Barb is FUN again and if the sets in the PTR don't get demolished, then Barb will be even more fun to play.

As for your question....the "casual" element is quite strong with this game which is fortunate for those of us with limited time. For example.....

1. You can have a toon power leveled to 70 in an hour or so.
2. Gold is extremely plentiful.
3. Drop rates are excellent.
4. Lots of adventure to be had...bounties, rifts, and greater rifts.

Jump in with us and we'll have you to 70 and fully geared for T6 farming in no time. From there your journey actually begins with farming/gambling for ancient pieces and stabbing at the leaderboard. Given your limited time, I'm thinking you'd prefer non-season (like me)... so if you should happen to come back, give a shout and we'll get you up to snuff. Quite a few of us still around.
^^ hit me up for a barb team. Operation: Raekor's Morphage.
@ Pri

Good to see you again too mate. It's great to see the familiar names again, I remember my forum time fondly. It's also good to see new names making an impact too.

@ Llama

Obrigado :). I remember your mighty Skorn. What style do you play now? I take it I should be reading up on a Raekor's build?

@ Bloodyzbub

And good to see you also good Sir. Thanks for your kind offer and thanks for having me still on your friend list, it's been a while :).

It sounds like fun, I think I'll be back soon. Hopefully I'll have a bit more free time soon so it would be great to run with you again mate.
03/19/2015 05:06 PMPosted by Bloodyzbub
1. You can have a toon power leveled to 70 in an hour or so.
2. Gold is extremely plentiful.
3. Drop rates are excellent.
4. Lots of adventure to be had...bounties, rifts, and greater rifts.

Jump in with us and we'll have you to 70 and fully geared for T6 farming in 2-3 hours.

I just pwrlvled a buddy in HC to 70 in 18 min 7 seconds earlier today. 2-3 hours might be too long...