Season 3 starts, waste of time now

General Discussion
Hi guys, need your thoughts.

As they have officialy announced the air date for season 3 the purpose on the season 2 ladder (mid-skilled) are gone.. It feels like everything i do until season 3 starts is just a waste of time since it all will be transferred to non-seasonal, and since i never will be playing a non-seasonal character it feels like the best thing right now is to just wait.

Everything will be wiped for season 3, correct?

If this is the case, there is nothing to do now except for the rankings, but if you are far behind in the leaderboard, this feels like a bad reason for continue the time wasting on season 2.

What is your opinions on this?
you know what is really a waste of time?

every moment you ever spent playing video games.

there's no such thing as a "waste of time" when it comes to video games. video games are, by definition, a waste of time.

step 1 : grow up
step 2 : if you don't like seasons, don't play seasons
step 3 : stop posting stupid !@#$ on forums

bring on the downvotes, casuals. i am fueled by your ill-conceived hatred.
hint why u should quit season 2 now
N0LiJ, seriously?

I dont think video games is a time waste like you do, but if you do so please quit playing..

I dont think you will build a house if you knew it will be smashed to pieces when you are done.
In the long run, seasonal is great.

And i asked for opinions if there is something that you could do that doesnt feel like a waste of time, but you was obviously the wrong guy for this matter.

Step 1: Learn to read.
Step 2: If you didnt wanna help me figure out a reason for continue this season 2, dont write.
Step 3: Do something else cause you dont seem to think that games is valuable spending time on.
03/23/2015 11:16 PMPosted by IZNOGOOD

The above plus your inability to turn off the caps-lock while creating a user name leads me to believe that you are too intelligent for the simplicity of this game. There are other things to do with your time.
Well if you like games there is plenty of gamey stuff to do.

I was trying to get that Avarice conquest earlier today.. Had a run of 43mil and screwed it up right at the end... :|

But it was fun trying.. probably take another shot at it tomorrow.
03/23/2015 11:22 PMPosted by n0LiJ

You know what is really a waste of time? Everything. Humans will go extinct. Our sun will die. This whole area of the universe will eventually be part of a black hole.

I mean nothing you do really matters at all.

Unless you got some religion of course. That's what religion is good for.
03/24/2015 01:00 AMPosted by Yemallis

You know what is really a waste of time? Everything. Humans will go extinct. Our sun will die. This whole area of the universe will eventually be part of a black hole.

I mean nothing you do really matters at all.

Unless you got some religion of course. That's what religion is good for.

well said, my friend

all that matters is finding acceptance within ourselves of everything we do, and everything we receive

namaste

Not really, no. I let my kids play educational video games, there are quite a few good ones that really engage kids to think. I don't consider them a waste of time, on the contrary, my kids have learned a lot.

In addition, games are fun. So by definition you are saying that having fun is a waste of time? You have to enjoy life and have fun, otherwise why bother living at all. "Only work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Games are a waste of time only if you get consumed and play all day in which case it’s not fun anymore but addiction.... unless of course you are a professional gamer and that's how you make money.

@OP

Your post doesn't make much sense, ask yourself why are you playing the game and play for that reason.

Pinky: "What are we going to do today?"
The Brain: "Same thing we do every day, trying to..... find ancient torch."
Sooo all seasons are a waste of time, since after season 3 it will be season 4.. So everything you do in season 3 is a waste of time since nothing will carry over to season 4...

See where im going with this?

As they have officialy announced the air date for season 3 the purpose on the season 2 ladder (mid-skilled) are gone.. It feels like everything i do until season 3 starts is just a waste of time since it all will be transferred to non-seasonal, and since i never will be playing a non-seasonal character it feels like the best thing right now is to just wait.

If this is the case, there is nothing to do now except for the rankings, but if you are far behind in the leaderboard, this feels like a bad reason for continue the time wasting on season 2.

My opinion is let the Season guys have their fun, and wait for the Seasons to end so I can find the Seasonal gear and use it on any character I want for as long as I want, and use every Season's gear with every other Season's gear however I want.

You guys wanted the Seasons and the "special" items, so I guess you better try to find and enjoy them while you can.

Either that or play one Season, then wait out 5, then play another.

My opinion is that Seasons are a load of crap.
I personally believe seasons are waste of time to begin with.

why do you need a fresh start in a game with no economy? You start fresh for the sole purpose of starting fresh? I just don't understand that logic at all.

Most people can be geared to the teeth in seasons in 2 weeks time. So for about 2 weeks you get to find upgrades which is kind of fun, but then your literally just playing the same game as you are in non season except with less paragon, after 2 weeks seasons BECOME non season in all but name.

You get no pity from me, you choose this play mode and then !@#$% about it. All seasons do is segregate the population and make it harder to find good groups in either mode.

there's no such thing as a "waste of time" when it comes to video games. video games are, by definition, a waste of time.

Its not a waste of time if it is a hobby that you love. Just like working on a car and or hanging with your friends. Telling someone to grow up makes you sound like you still live in the 1980s
I actually found a post where I agreed with Stone... ^ this one isn't it but I was concerned nonetheless.
i have to agree, i didnt expect the season to end so early. There is still a lot to do on my char but now it feels pointless to put in a lot of effort with the season ending so soon.
I will have another look at the new seasonal items and maybe play non-season until s4, this way i can keep playing my s2 chars. The new 6 pieces of existing sets should also come for non-season with the next patch ,right?

practice what you preach nub.
03/24/2015 03:49 AMPosted by StoneCold

My opinion is let the Season guys have their fun, and wait for the Seasons to end so I can find the Seasonal gear and use it on any character I want for as long as I want, and use every Season's gear with every other Season's gear however I want.

You guys wanted the Seasons and the "special" items, so I guess you better try to find and enjoy them while you can.

Either that or play one Season, then wait out 5, then play another.

My opinion is that Seasons are a load of crap.

You talk as if we dont keep playing any of these chars :P
Why play season 3 at all, since we all know season 4 will be right behind? Might as well just sit and wait...

Although I agree with your post, I'm not sure about step 3. If everyone followed this step, there wouldn't be much activity on these forums!
If you don't want to play non-seasonal, then it doesn't make much sense to play a character that is going to have a relatively short shelf life.

If you are playing at a "mid-skilled" level, you're not going to have a shot at ranking on ladders.

So while whatever fun you had playing when first started playing seasons still applies with an announced ending, I'm just not sure why you are.