My Apology to Pro Seasonal Players

General Discussion
Okay guys apparently Season 2 is set to end within the next 2 weeks meaning the entire duration of said season will have been a month and a half.

I just spent the last week arguing up and down the forums that exclusive gear was BS and that I, as a player, was going to be at least 8 months away from seeing some of these new items.

Then it happened.

Blizzard pulled the plug on Season 2.

Wow. Just wow.

Yesterday on the PTR both the barbs and wizards (why of all classes?) got absolutely crushed by the nerf hammer, the barb one was well deserved... but the wizard?

The point being, It's good to see Blizzard hates all of their fans equally and is dedicated to making this community as bitter as possible.

Now again, I don't like seasons, I think they are a stupid ill conceived idea that make no sense in Diablo 3. However, I do respect the right for them to exist, even if I don't believe they need an incentive such as seasonal loot which locks out non seasonal players.

But I can't even imagine how angry I would be right now after if I just spent all that time re rolling a character, re grinding, and then all of a sudden it's over? I doubt some people even have that class specific item they were looking for. I know for a fact that a large chunk of people play the seasonal game mode specifically for that item. 5 months was WAY too long, but barely 1.5 months seems like a hilarious oscillation in the other direction.

On top of that what about the people who manged to find something like an Ancient Furnace which catapults them to the top of the leaderboards? How is that fair? The seasons are now 100% about RNG, as if we needed more of that in the mix.

As a non seasonal player the hilariously short seasonal duration delights me, because it means I am not being punished as severely for not want to take part. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if other seasonal players are extremely bitter over this outcome and don't decide to repeat the experience in season 3.

Either way I am sorry for you guys.
I'm sure Blizzard ending Season 2 had nothing to do with any of those threads. They are pulling the plug because 2.2 is near ready and their plan has long been end season --> patch --> new season.
03/21/2015 07:41 AMPosted by Harwinne
I'm sure Blizzard ending Season 2 had nothing to do with any of those threads. They are pulling the plug because 2.2 is near ready and their plan has long been end season --> patch --> new season.

If that was their plan then I just laugh all the louder at how ridiculous Blizzard is as well as the idea they have for seasons.

Unless you are going to play 8 hours a day, multibox, bot, or exploit, you are never going to even approach the leaderboards.

Or you might be someone that has the golden horseshoe stuck up in your nether regions and find that perfect ancient weapon.

Either way the whole spirit of "starting over" has been replaced with one of RNG DICTATES EVERYTHING and WE CATER TO THE HC PLAYERS.

But then again I am only an outsider looking in, maybe it is time to let this one die.
anyone who thought season 2 was going to be 8 months was out to freakin lunch. They told us straight up that subsequent seasons would be SHORTER than the 1st season ( that lasted 5 months) and you knew that patch 2.2 is ready and waiting to be put live.
Well the good news is maybe you shouldn't play seasons and will get the season only items sooner? Long seasons suck and become boring. They needed to end this season as soon as they are...
03/21/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Poisonedpawn
anyone who thought season 2 was going to be 8 months was out to freakin lunch. They told us straight up that subsequent seasons would be SHORTER than the 1st season ( that lasted 5 months) and you knew that patch 2.2 is ready and waiting to be put live.

So again, as someone who hates seasons and will never try them, whats the point?

Is this a game mode then designed for a small minority of the community who wants to play 4-8 hours a day?

I thought Blizzard was promoting seasons as "something for everyone", but I can't imagine how the hell you are supposed to get a character geared up in ancient gear to take a run at the leaderboards. Plus if your not into competition then... really what is the point of the season?

No one in their right mind is going to want to completely start over every 1.5 months, in that time you would barely have a chance at trying out a new build, or find that seasonal exclusive item.

Again I am not going to argue FOR seasons but I am having an even harder time trying to figure out who they are for, outside the handful of people who want to climb the leaderboard.
Very surprised like many S2 will end so quickly. S2 is the first Seasons where I jumped in the moment it came online and did a seven hour group grind with my clan. I was very excited to jump in because of two items. The Gem of Ease and the Gungdo Gear bracers for the monk. Don't think I will do any more Seasons though unless they have some item(s) I am looking forward to obtain. If there are no items that I am interested in for any particular Seasons I will just sit it out. Like what I did with S1.
03/21/2015 07:47 AMPosted by Vãgisil
Well the good news is maybe you shouldn't play seasons and will get the season only items sooner? Long seasons suck and become boring. They needed to end this season as soon as they are...

Make no mistake, I am as happy as a clam and as a non seasonal player I am hoping this trend continues! But it does kind of make you wonder what the hell the point is at all...
03/21/2015 07:59 AMPosted by schwegs
Another thread proofing people would rather complain about seasons ending than be thankful a large content patch is coming. If blizz knew any better they'd just stop trying to please you guys

Hey Blizzard is the one who decided seasons were to be a thing and that they were only going to patch between them. I also thought that was an equally stupid idea and yet another downside of having seasons, as they delayed content addition.

If you had bothered reading you would know I am extremely happy this is the case, but if this is what they are planning on doing then why even have seasons at all? Except to please the minority OF the minority which are the people who will want to try and climb a leaderboard within 1.5 months.
aww the little non seaoner gets some candy

now name a single truly end game seaon item

jokes on you
03/21/2015 08:06 AMPosted by ElDiablo
aww the little non seaoner gets some candy

now name a single truly end game seaon item

jokes on you

Yea I am not the one who wasted a month and a half only to have the season axed.

But the elitism is really burning through there, you might want to look for holes.
id make seasons monthly if i were in charge

the main FUN of diablo is the grind to fully gear a character, after that is the boring part

jokes on you again
03/21/2015 08:11 AMPosted by ElDiablo
id make seasons monthly if i were in charge

the main FUN of diablo is the grind to fully gear a character, after that is the boring part

jokes on you again

You may need to revisit the phrase "jokes on you" as to quote the princess brides: "I don't think that means what you think it means".

I have absolutely no interest in starting over.

I have absolutely no interest in climbing leader boards.

BUT

IF I DID

I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it monthly only to know that people who were going to

a) Bot/exploit/cheat

or

b) Randomly find a RNG ultra death weapon

Would dominate the leaderboards.

So again, seasons make even less sense to me now than when they lasted 5 months.
03/21/2015 07:35 AMPosted by Malecite
Either way I am sorry for you guys.

Admitting you are sorry is a good step. Isn't it one of the 12 steps? You want a coin or something?

Your compassion is not wanted or needed, you are using the imaginary discomfort of others to push your own view and agenda. It really rubs me the wrong way.

On the bright side, it gives you something else for which to apologize.
? i'm glad season 2 is ending! I love things changing every month or two. I'd be thrilled if they adopted a similar system as POE (races, leagues, week long seasons, monthly, etc)
bot exploit cheat is limited to season only is it?

you play a grindy game and dont enjoy grinding do you?

you hate seasons but fap over lame season items?

you think seasons are wasted even after we get all xp/gear back?
Well I'll be damned.

Alright well it appears that people want to completely start over every month and a half despite the fact that to me it makes no logical sense to me.

More power to you guys, like I said before I am completely happy that seasons and new content are only going to be 1.5 months as it really makes it easier to be non seasonal.

It also means Blizzard will have to push content a lot faster than before which is probably a good thing overall.

As far as I'm concerned though yall are crazy.
03/21/2015 08:24 AMPosted by ElDiablo
bot exploit cheat is limited to season only is it?

you play a grindy game and dont enjoy grinding do you?

you hate seasons but fap over lame season items?

you think seasons are wasted even after we get all xp/gear back?

You know if you would just read the post you would understand that it's the duration of the seasons and the point being the competitive aspect that makes it more of a problem.

But apparently it's not a problem at all because players LOVE starting over CONSTANTLY so they can compete in a vacuum with people who will cheat to be on the leaderboards. Do what you want, I am past the point of caring now.

As long as sesaons are only going to last 1.5 months I am perfectly happy not playing them.