My Apology to Pro Seasonal Players

General Discussion
i read your post and i just see cow manure trying to make fun of other classes/season players

fact is:

long seasons make less sense than short ones

new seasons bring old players back and attract new players

long/non season gives people brain damage and makes them forget why they even play

new seasons reset any cheating exploiting lessening any impact/desire to cheat

long/non season is full of people that cheat/ or exploited at some point

and you should stop mentioning leaderboards, you dont care about them right?
03/21/2015 08:48 AMPosted by ElDiablo
i read your post and i just see cow manure trying to make fun of other classes/season players

fact is:

long seasons make less sense than short ones

long/non season gives people brain damage and makes them forget why they even play

new seasons reset any cheating exploiting lessening any impact/desire to cheat

long/non season is full of people that cheat/ or exploited at some point

and you should stop mentioning leaderboards, you dont care about them right?

Jesus Christ.

I love how you prefixed that with "fact is" when IN FACT just about everything you just said was 100% factually incorrect.

Let's go down the list shall we:

1) Long seasons make less sense than short ones.

How is that a fact? Do you know what a fact is? That is an opinion, and depending on whether your a hardcore player or someone who plays a few hours a week, the season length will be subjectively more appealing.

2) New Seasons bring old players back and attract new players

So you work for Blizzard and can verify the FACT that seasons do exactly what you have said? Again your OPINION is that they are doing exactly that, when in reality people may come back for a week and then quit again. Or they may not come back at all, especially when characters are all clones and many find the re levelling process extremely tedious

3. Long/non season gives people brain damage and makes them forget why they even play.

Once again your... opinion? I don't even know what this is personally.

4. New seasons reset any cheating exploiting lessenign any impact/desire to cheat

Now this is hilarious. Hah... ahhh. Yea okay so the guys who are paragon level 1000 in a week, they aren't cheating or exploiting? This comment is so stupid it actually hurts. The leaderboards have been show to be RAMPANT with botting/exploiting and cheating. Or did you miss last season where a huge chunk of the leaderboards magically dissappeared with the bot ban wave?

5. Long/non season is full of people that cheat or exploited at some point

Which is identical to seasons. Again I just laugh

6. You should stop mentioning leaderboards, you don't care about them right?

But a large portion of the playerbase do. And the whole point of them is to provide competitiveness? Yet for many people the season duration makes it almost impossible to BE competitive without finding a magical ancient item or botting/exploiting their way to the top. Outside of playing 24 hours a day professionally this relegates seasonal leaderboards to basically a handful of players
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Jesus Christ.

I love how you prefixed that with "fact is" when IN FACT just about everything you just said was 100% factually incorrect.

Let's go down the list shall we:

1) Long seasons make less sense than short ones.

How is that a fact? Do you know what a fact is? That is an opinion, and depending on whether your a hardcore player or someone who plays a few hours a week, the season length will be subjectively more appealing.

2) New Seasons bring old players back and attract new players

So you work for Blizzard and can verify the FACT that seasons do exactly what you have said? Again your OPINION is that they are doing exactly that, when in reality people may come back for a week and then quit again. Or they may not come back at all, especially when characters are all clones and many find the re levelling process extremely tedious

3. Long/non season gives people brain damage and makes them forget why they even play.

Once again your... opinion? I don't even know what this is personally.

4. New seasons reset any cheating exploiting lessenign any impact/desire to cheat

Now this is hilarious. Hah... ahhh. Yea okay so the guys who are paragon level 1000 in a week, they aren't cheating or exploiting? This comment is so stupid it actually hurts. The leaderboards have been show to be RAMPANT with botting/exploiting and cheating. Or did you miss last season where a huge chunk of the leaderboards magically dissappeared with the bot ban wave?

5. Long/non season is full of people that cheat or exploited at some point

Which is identical to seasons. Again I just laugh

6. You should stop mentioning leaderboards, you don't care about them right?

But a large portion of the playerbase do. And the whole point of them is to provide competitiveness? Yet for many people the season duration makes it almost impossible to BE competitive without finding a magical ancient item or botting/exploiting their way to the top. Outside of playing 24 hours a day professionally this relegates seasonal leaderboards to basically a handful of players

What eldiablo said is largely factual and this being unknown to you does not make what he said opinion. He's right, and you're a toxic part of the community always complaining about everything when the truth is we need 2.2 asap like nobodies business

You know what: FACT - Bears, Beats, Battlestar Galactica.

See what I did there?

Nothing.

But I told you it was factual so it must be true.

For F$cks sake I never said YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE 2.2

I was questioning the point of a season when the length was going to be so short as to promote tedium while restricting the ability of players to actually get a good amount of experience in the season. FACT: only people who play in excess of 8 hours a day are going to be competitive, or actually see the leaderboards.
The reality of the situation is that it doesn't matter if the season is 3 months long or 1 day long, if you have any sort of life you will never approach the leader boards anyway. I started at the start of this season and got paragon 106 so far. I played quite often considering my life, job, and so forth getting in the way. By the time I even got paragon level 1 there were people with over 100.

I knew that I would never compete, I did it just to get a few of the unique legendaries and to see how far I could get by focusing on one character. Now when the accounts merge I will have more paragon levels and some good equipment for some of my other characters. I lose nothing and gain a lot, and I'm glad the season is short. I will probably try the next one with a different character.

If I could request one thing for seasons it would be to somehow factor the time played into the leaderboards. Make a separate leaderboard for people who play less often. Not sure how they could do that, but it would be nice.
Hey guys I''ll take a short season NP if it means we get a large patch like 2.2 sooner. The game really needs more things to do and more new things/builds to try out IMO, not more time grinding the same old...
03/21/2015 07:49 AMPosted by Malecite
No one in their right mind is going to want to completely start over every 1.5 months, in that time you would barely have a chance at trying out a new build, or find that seasonal exclusive item.

This...
I don't know why there are some sad creatures here, who merely click -1, when the OP is telling the truth...
03/21/2015 07:49 AMPosted by NeueZiel
Very surprised like many S2 will end so quickly. S2 is the first Seasons where I jumped in the moment it came online and did a seven hour group grind with my clan. I was very excited to jump in because of two items. The Gem of Ease and the Gungdo Gear bracers for the monk. Don't think I will do any more Seasons though unless they have some item(s) I am looking forward to obtain. If there are no items that I am interested in for any particular Seasons I will just sit it out. Like what I did with S1.

lol, pretty much what ive done and plan to do.
"I play seasons"

"I don't like seasons"

Don't play seasons? I cannot tell you how glad I am that I didn't allow my friends to sucker me into playing Season 2.
03/21/2015 09:37 AMPosted by Noxifer
03/21/2015 07:49 AMPosted by Malecite
No one in their right mind is going to want to completely start over every 1.5 months, in that time you would barely have a chance at trying out a new build, or find that seasonal exclusive item.

This...
I don't know why there are some sad creatures here, who merely click -1, when the OP is telling the truth...

I've seen people with a -1 on their post when all they said was "Merry Christmas".

There are some ghouls on this forum that delight in weird things like that. Cool dudes IRL, I'm sure.
Pro seasonal players? All of the pros I saw on stream had their full endgame grift sets less than 2 weeks after the start of the season. Anything after that was just tweaking.
I'm stoked that S2 is ending. I learned to play two classes I wasn't comfortable with beyond levelling to 70, and I collected a bunch of gear that I'm really looking forward to combining with my non-seasonal resources.

In the spirit of exploring facts, such as "seasons cause brain damage" I present to you a short play in which two Blizzard designers are brainstorming the idea that led to seasons:

Bob: "I like the idea that players can dip in and out of the game, but I think we need some sort of structure to promote them coming back each time."

Stan: "There's a lot of interest in leaderboards, would that work?"

Bob: "Good thinking! That would keep competitive players interested, but what about everyone else? They might need an extra carrot."

Stan: "Cosmetic rewards?"

Bob: "That's a start. The legendary reform team might have some good class-specific re-works we could use that would say, come back and play your favourite class!"

Aaaaaaand scene!

Bonus treat - the same meeting, in an alternate universe where nobody came up with the idea for seasons...

Bob: "Wow, our player base has some whiny little !@#$%es. Fact: reading our forums causes brain damage!"

Stan: "Right?"
Finally found my holy open socketed soj only to realize it was too late.
03/21/2015 08:48 AMPosted by ElDiablo

I agree that seasons bring some back to the game; however, I would not underestimate the significance of patches/release of new content. I always see an upswing in users when this happened (even for minor patches) long before seasons existed in D3/RoS.

If season 3 were not to exist and it was just Patch 2.2, my suspicion is that the total number of active players in the days after Patch 2.2 would me more than today.
Why does every Joe Blow Casual think they have the right to compete on equal footing with people who play as close to 24/7 as their physical endurance will allow?

Seasons are for everyone; however, if you are a casual player, you may not have time to compete on the Seasons Leaderboards any better than you could on nonseasons.

Nobody ever promised that everyone could compete for a spot on the leader boards. The statement that seasons are for everyone is not the same as saying Blizzard is reserving a spot for you, Mr. I-Play-5-Hours-Per-Week.

If you use casual player in reference to yourself, and then claim anything is keeping you off any leaderboard except the time you do not spend playing, then you are just not all there.
I agree that we need the patch 2.2 greatly. However as a seasonal player both HC and SC, 1.5 months is not enough time to build 1 let alone 2 characters for any casual player.
Season was too short this time, but again with the patch and what happened last season.. (Released while season was still active.) I understand the reasoning.
Hopefully season 3 is a little longer. I am not saying like 5-6 months, but more then 1.5...
1.5 is in my opinion, too short.
03/21/2015 07:35 AMPosted by Malecite
Yesterday on the PTR both the barbs and wizards (why of all classes?) got absolutely crushed by the nerf hammer, the barb one was well deserved... but the wizard?

wouldn't really call wiz nerf a "crushing nerf hammer"
I literally only see seasons as a means to get an HC character to 70. I got a WD, and a DH, and over the next four seasons I will have one of every character.
No problem with seasons at all, as I got the new stuff ahead of the rest and more stash to play with, even if for a while.

Non-seasonal players are just as powerless as Gabynator.
03/21/2015 09:20 AMPosted by Daenoth
The reality of the situation is that it doesn't matter if the season is 3 months long or 1 day long, if you have any sort of life you will never approach the leader boards anyway. I started at the start of this season and got paragon 106 so far. I played quite often considering my life, job, and so forth getting in the way. By the time I even got paragon level 1 there were people with over 100.

Sry, but that´s far away from reality.

2 of my friends started the season today at 4pm !

We are no "progamers" and no "rushers".
We make breaks for drinks, cigarettes, toilette, etc., etc.,
We talk and have fun the whole time (TS)

At 10pm they were Paragon 150, and both can farm Q6 now.

6 hours of game play and both are 40+ paragon levels above of you !?
Do you really "play the game", or only watch your char stay in town and dance !? ;-)