Wyatt and Travis

General Discussion
By the love of God, Kick this guys out this game !!

Edit : "We don't tune our games around the leader board" so WTF this guys make seasons ?
Time to put new lead disigner to someone know the actualy game like JohnYang !
not sure how many people play D3 anymore, but if 1000/total number of people is substantially small, they have a point.
If they got rid of them there would only be 1 person left working on the game though...
I made a similar trend about the exact thing on PTR

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16718592239?page=1#15
They are wack! I agree with you. We will never know how long a season will last in advanced and the leader board is completely cosmetic. I mostly pissed about builds being forced on us by this team. The whole reason for this rune system was to avoid cookie cutter builds and they want cookie cutter builds now.
03/23/2015 08:27 PMPosted by schwegs
03/23/2015 08:23 PMPosted by RhoadstaR
Time to put new lead disigner to someone know the actualy game like JohnYang !

Okay I like the John Yang hype I think it's funny and I like that people are trying to find a hero for this game but lets get real 1 tavern talk is not proof he can be lead designer, plus its not hard to look very good sitting next to the other two...

I'm not sure you have seen all the videos John Yang has been in then! John has been in quite a few. He has been in a few Tavern talks, play your way, and legendary workshop streams. In every video has it the most knowledgeable and passionate person. He often times seems like the only person who actually plays this game, he has in-depth knowledge of the game, skills, and classes.

Go back and watch all the old streams, you can clearly see John Yang is a player first and developer second. We need more people like him on this project, less people like Travis Day. Travis day looks soooo bored with diablo, it clearly shows he has no passion for this game.
You know very well they got no passion for the game what so ever when their gaming experience is based around "I have farmed 3000 bloodshards in my seasonal character to roll at kadala". U would think that the devs atleast put some time and effort into actually playing their own game to experience whats actually going on. By the way Travis Day talks and act like and the way he answears peoples questions regarding buffs/nerfs etc. it seriously looks like he havent even reached lvl 70 on any character
Perhaps its just time to accept blizz south has ruined the diablo franchise for good

You know Wyatt was working at Blizzard North and was part of the Diablo 2 team right ?
03/24/2015 06:12 AMPosted by Lupex
You know very well they got no passion for the game what so ever when their gaming experience is based around "I have farmed 3000 bloodshards in my seasonal character to roll at kadala". U would think that the devs atleast put some time and effort into actually playing their own game to experience whats actually going on. By the way Travis Day talks and act like and the way he answears peoples questions regarding buffs/nerfs etc. it seriously looks like he havent even reached lvl 70 on any character

They are only going to play/test the features they think are awesome in order to reinforce their belief that they and the game they have created, is awesome.

It's a self-perpetuating cycle of delusion.
May have something to do with the top 1% not being the target demographic for this thing. I know it sucks for those hardcore dedicated folks, but that's how it is.
Wyatt made a poor choice of words there, I'm sure he regrets that. However, I think he was just trying to separate the game's balancing process from other Blizzard titles. In a way, it's an echo of what many people on this forum will tell you about D3- that the success of others doesn't cause failure of yourself, so envying the success of others is fruitless and unproductive. If you studiously follow that thread of logic, then the success of one class in GR leaderboards over another doesn't hurt you, so there is no need to be envious or to balance it. Right or wrong, there's a pretty sizeable portion of the community that believes that and wants it to be that way, so Wyatt is like their representative.

At least I can understand Wyatt, even though I might disagree with him on certain issues like this one (at least the way he phrased it).

Travis, on the other hand.... I get the distinct impression he is too bored of it to be a good game designer anymore. Can he still empathize with his audience to get a feel for what players would want? He may have had that skill when he got the job, but he has lost it since. He needs to work on a different project.