New Dev team or do you like the current one?

General Discussion
I would say the D3 leadership team needs to be shuffled. If Leadership == the Dev team then so be it. No doubt, Blizzard has created an amazing product, but the game has yet to reach it's full potential. 3 years, drastic rework, often in a lull, the stepchild of the Blizz franchises, etc......the D3 leaders lacking a clear vision or roadmap for this game.

I could go on about recommendations and solutions to the above, but no. What I would say in short is a key fundamental: the D3 leadership team needs to go back and play from beginning to end, study in and out, Diablo 1, 2, and LOD. This is the only way for them to move forward with improving and raising the bar with D3. If they're unwilling to do that, then the team needs to be shuffled with members that are passionate about the franchise and their fans.

Edit: just for clarity, imho D3/ROS has become one of the best game in recent years, however, where it falls short is it's place in the illustrious Diablo franchise.
John Yang can stay - he's probably the one man working on this game.

the rest is like "what is this set doing again ? eeehhhm well something with increased damage)
Meh. A new team wouldn't do any better/worse. They are trying. Not exactly always how I want it of course, but as much as I would like to, I cant expect people to always agree with me :)

It is however a bit embarrassing when they cant remember what their items do etc. Not because I expect them to actually remember it all the time (worth remembering that they probably designed some of those items long ago).
But when you schedule a Q&A on the patch, it seems reasonable to expect that they would have refreshed their own memory just a little bit before going into it...

It does have the unfortunate effect of making them seem like they do not care or know their game as much as I'm sure they actually do.
03/24/2015 06:52 AMPosted by normalice
That said, they do seem to have this thing where they'd like to do what we ask, but only if they can figure out some way to do it that no one has suggested

Even petty things like calling ladders "seasons" just to throw us off. You're so right about this I can't even put it into words. It's totally needless, we just want the game to be good
Short answer: MEHHHHH

Long Answer:

Honestly, I feel like they were passionate about the patch - I thought that they needed to address some issue in more depths (like the trial key, what they MIGHT do, etc.) Rather than spending time talking about 'mights', we want to hear answers (we all do), \

On the other hand, sometimes they dont have to clearance to say anything or to promise anything, this greatly limits their ability to share information. Anyways, i think its ok to have this development team.
03/24/2015 06:35 AMPosted by Lupex
After watching the latest TT, i honestly felt like this current dev team have no passion for the game and what they are doing with it especially when their gaming experience is based around "I have farmed 3000 bloodshards in my seasonal character to roll at kadala for a jade chest". You would think that the devs atleast put some time and effort into actually playing their own game to experience whats actually going on. Looking at how Travis Day talks and act like and the way he answears peoples questions regarding buffs/nerfs etc. it seriously looks like he havent even reached lvl 70 on any character and is basing whatever he does out of youtube videos or something and not to mention that it looks like he have no idea what 70% of the items he have created even does.

Its funny, your right. That is the main issue. They just don't play their own game to actually understand what is wrong here. Btw took over 3k shards for me not to even get a jade chest so um yeah lol. Still would like to see more team play rather than just soloing crap all the time. If I wanted to play a non mmo that isn't online I would buy an Microsoft box or a Sony station. I would still like to know why I spent all these hours on this game to basically start over again. Just a waste if you ask me.
03/24/2015 10:40 AMPosted by Moonshadow
03/24/2015 10:36 AMPosted by Kreig
Back at D3 launch, Jay Wilson's name was written with just as much contempt.
Blizzard didn't need to make him a patsy because the community was more than willing to burn his virtual effigy on these forums.

I find these calls for his return to be quite humorous and ironic. The droves of vanilla D3 players who left were more than willing to pin the blame on Jay Wilson. Mr. Wilson didn't do himself any favors either.

Kinda like WoW players and Ghostcrawler.

It's kind of like people wanting to get back with the exes. They look back and only remember the good things.
In a further statement. I really hope the developers read this thread with good intentions of posting something. Mainly because if someone said I wasn't doing a good job at something I sure would like to explain why. I mean admitting your faults doesn't hurt sometimes. Anyways this game can get better, like I have said in the past, their motivation at this time is improving. The game is still way better now than before though. THIS IS WHAT I WILL CONCLUDE. No more levels after 70, pointless. Just make it paragon infinite and no max level, do something with paragon instead of just points. No more picking up whites, yellows, or blues, as gear pointless. We don't need these items if we never ever use them. Might as well just drop the materials. Main issue with the blue drops is never enough it is not balanced correctly yet I have a crap ton of crystals but never dust why is that? More Content, More Furnaces, More SMKs. More things to do than Rifts, Greater Rifts. PLEASE NO MORE RIFTS. Better PVP someday. Geez. Listen to what people want work around that. If people are pissed off cause no more trading, no more ah, so be it. Just don't take things away from people. Add things, that people will enjoy. No more penalizing crap. Make it better or don't use the idea in the first place.
03/24/2015 07:05 AMPosted by Tomnnn
03/24/2015 06:39 AMPosted by schwegs
I want the 2nd expansion to come out already so I can finally that accept this game sucks for good

Haha can you imagine if it's 1 more act and 1 more character and nothing else? Cursed realms could be interesting if there's some kind of reward involved, but without a more interesting mode of play to fight RNG comes out in the 2nd expansion, the game probably will die.

But the patches indicate there's some actual diablo-ing going on, so maybe the expansion will feature decent content.

Dev team doesnt like rewards since they feel they will be exploited (streamers, botters, exploiters)

RIght now the only thing you can really target is Hellfire Ammy and its buried in so many layers of RNG
This thread is a circle jerk. You guys need some hand towels?
Nope was going to use your shirt. Btw Ham lots of posts for not a lot of 70s
03/24/2015 12:25 PMPosted by Ham
This thread is a circle jerk. You guys need some hand towels?

Nah, now that you're here just open your mouth.
03/24/2015 12:31 PMPosted by MIGHTY
Nope was going to use your shirt. Btw Ham lots of posts for not a lot of 70s

Well three or four years of post adds up.

70s?

Well I've never played a WD so don't have a 70 WD.

But from profiles I've played more characters up to 70 than you. My profile shows 10. Yours shows 9.

I have no clue what that would be measuring though. You would have to tell me.
03/24/2015 12:56 PMPosted by schwegs

144 paragon trying to discredit every thread ever created by anyone = troll

Uhh oh.. lets look at more profile numbers.

600 paragon, thats alot of playing. But you don't have many monster kills. You get alot of powerleveling done for you? Or did you just not play much Vanilla? That's understandable Vanilla was pretty tough.

You havn't played much seasons? Only para 140? Mines 220. Not sure what that means.

More numbers!!!
After watching the latest Tavern Talk, I can understand why some players really dislike Travis Day right now. He almost seemed bitter and ignorant about answering a lot of the questions presented. I thought Wyatt Cheng and John Yang were awesome, in their respective ways. I know Wyatt gave some really vague (and sometimes non-favorable) answers, but that's the nature of doing PR stuff like TT. Both seemed humbled by some of the hard questions.

Anyways, the actual point I want to bring up is that I hope we stop attacking these developers on a personal level. It's okay to criticize decisions, but I don't think calling the team "egotistical maniacs" is really going to help anybody. They're human too, and I'm sure many on the team are not 100% content with some changes to the patch as well. I think a lot of people pointed out how discontent John Yang seemed at times with some answers.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why some people have gotten to this point. Nothing feels worse than being asked for feedback and then having some of it be completely ignored. Nobody in the world likes "askholes", but let's not make this 100% personal.
03/24/2015 06:35 AMPosted by Lupex
After watching the latest TT, i honestly felt like this current dev team have no passion for the game and what they are doing with it especially when their gaming experience is based around "I have farmed 3000 bloodshards in my seasonal character to roll at kadala for a jade chest". You would think that the devs atleast put some time and effort into actually playing their own game to experience whats actually going on.

For some people making games is just a job and a form of paycheck. I am not saying this to insult anyone or to defend the developers. I just think that this is kinda the reality now in gaming as buisness if you consider how large it is. It is now pretty much like any other industry out there that gets ruined by people in fancy suits talking about things they don't use and/or even enjoy sucking the life out of the job that was once about dreams and making games that you and other people enjoy. But that's simply how it goes. Its now about making lots of money, like billions, passion is important but the risk of loosing millions probably outweights the concept of "experimenting" for example or doing extremly creative stuff.

I would not be surprised if many people came to gaming like actors or other people to movies with very naive ideas believing they would be a part of those super awesome and creative things making awesome projects. The reality however is sometimes rather harsh. And soon enough you find your self in the typical job cycle. The average game developer today simply is no Peter Molyneux. But the industry lives from such characters, because they have the passion to work overtime for little money because they are in their "dream job".

Don't be so surprised guys that Diablo as franchise has become just another brand with a value behind it. Blizzard today is not the Blizzard it was 20 years ago.