New Dev team or do you like the current one?

General Discussion
03/24/2015 10:45 AMPosted by PowerCosmic
I would say the D3 leadership team needs to be shuffled. If Leadership == the Dev team then so be it. No doubt, Blizzard has created an amazing product, but the game has yet to reach it's full potential. 3 years, drastic rework, often in a lull, the stepchild of the Blizz franchises, etc......the D3 leaders lacking a clear vision or roadmap for this game.

I could go on about recommendations and solutions to the above, but no. What I would say in short is a key fundamental: the D3 leadership team needs to go back and play from beginning to end, study in and out, Diablo 1, 2, and LOD. This is the only way for them to move forward with improving and raising the bar with D3. If they're unwilling to do that, then the team needs to be shuffled with members that are passionate about the franchise and their fans.

Edit: just for clarity, imho D3/ROS has become one of the best game in recent years, however, where it falls short is it's place in the illustrious Diablo franchise.

Found this in an old post

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Joulez-1568/career <- Wyatt Cheng´s account
> P278 off-season
> P139 seasonal softcore
> P208 seasonal hardcore

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vujuice-1575/career <- Don Vu´s account
> P23 off-season softcore
> P89 off-season hardcore
> P339 seasonal hardcore

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seph-1733/career <- John Yang´s account
> P646 off-season softcore
> P152 off-season hardcore
> P75 seasonal softcore
> P3 seasonal hardcore
I don't think judging a developer's competency by his/her profile is a fair thing to do. We already know that some of them use different accounts to test different things (based on Play Your Way). Personally, I'd be worried as hell if all the developers had higher paragon levels than all of us lol.
03/24/2015 01:25 PMPosted by schwegs
03/24/2015 01:21 PMPosted by x4ryuusei
I don't think judging a developer's competency by his/her profile is a fair thing to do. We already know that some of them use different accounts to test different things (based on Play Your Way). Personally, I'd be worried as hell if all the developers had higher paragon levels than all of us lol.

WHAT? The Devs should love their game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they should be enjoying their game while finding the obvious problems in the game we all encounter all the time

TLDR Trials aren't the end of the world for para 100s, so the devs are like oh that was supposed to be convenient.... Durrrrrrrr

None of those developer profiles are para 100s.

Two of those profiles look like they have played more than you? And you call them noobs? Does that mean you are a noob too?

Not to mention they have other accounts and test accounts which undoubtedly allow them to test any difficulty level with any gear at and paragon level. I hope they don't waste hundreds of hours getting to end game when they can do it instantly with test accounts.

More numbers!
03/24/2015 01:21 PMPosted by x4ryuusei

They obviously play it. Two of those profiles have played recently while Don Vu hasnt played in almost a month. The Worst part is Don Vu is the lead developer for the wizard this is why the wizard class is unbelievable bad. We have a developer who doesn't even play the game.
03/24/2015 01:41 PMPosted by Sada
Glad everyone else is on the same page.

You probably need to qualify that. Maybe you could say 'everyone else in this thread.' But even that wouldn't be true.

Everyone except the trolls who live to play devils advocate, like a certain someone

Devils Advocate is someone who takes an opposing position, typically a hypothetical one, that they don't necessary believe, in order to further the debate.

I don't see anyone in this thread fitting that description.

If you are referring to me, I'm taking the opposing position because I actually disagree.

Or because someone has stated something that is factually incorrect (e.g. everyone is on the same page).

Or possible logical inconsistencies e.g.someone has less paragon xp than you, meaning they are a noob, but if someone (the developers) have more paragon xp than you that deoes NOT mean that you are a noob. Doesn't make any sense.

Just a little clarity for the stated positions in this thread, hence my original post.
Ok first of all Ham I get it I am a lonely Troll too sometimes bro. But dude lets discuss some numbers ok my first Barb never was power leveled. Had over 1300 hours in vanilla alone on him probably way more than you have played in ROS to even get to 144. Big deal. By the way congrats on over 200 on seasonal. Don't play seasonal or hardcore kind of boring for me I test out builds that is why my barb doesn't have a lot of kills. Mainly because my barb was the best at surviving ubers back in the day. When you get a little bit older you will hear of my exploits.

03/24/2015 02:01 PMPosted by Ham
Or possible logical inconsistencies e.g.someone has less paragon xp than you, meaning they are a noob, but if someone (the developers) have more paragon xp than you that deoes NOT mean that you are a noob. Doesn't make any sense.

WHAT THE FUK DOES THAT MEAN!!

Ok if I am a level 70 but started playing again after a long time of course I am not going to say this dude that has been playing since the beginning all the way through doesn't no more !@#$ than I do and I shouldn't listen BWAHAHA

Let me clarify If I happen to had way more hours then a certain barb I know that is number one on the leader board would I say ah %^-* he is not good at that I am better mainly because I have more hours but I am not up there wouldn't that be a contradiction.

AHAHA ok, now if I did say ok that barb on the leader board is good at that. But isn't good at stacking dps or a stat or survivability or cannot do what I have accomplished then yes my statement would be correct you can still be a NOOB NO MATTER WTF LEVEL OR EXPERIENCE YOU HAVE. Just because they are on a leader board doesn't mean !@#$ they just have done something you haven't and so be it.

03/24/2015 02:01 PMPosted by Ham
Just a little clarity for the stated positions in this thread, hence my original post.

Okay, lets see what your original post was lmfao

Oh it was about Circle Jerking and Hand towels. :P
Well since I have already witnessed what current dev team has created so far and how they talk during the tavern talks especially that Travis guy, I definitely wouldn't mind to see what could other dev team achieve. Who knows, maybe they would do a much better job with D3, there is nothing to lose anyways.
Seriously ppls Jay Wilson failed as much as the other devs .....

It would be so friggin easy to just watch at other games to look for ideas and even here in the forums there are tons of good suggestions.

IF Blizzard used their ressources to work with the community we would already had diversity and fun.

But NOPE it seems they never will take ideas from "PLEBS" .... "WE WERE STUDYING WE KNOW HOW IT WORKS, YOU CANT TELL US !@#$" thats how it looks like.

But yet any true gamer could tell you imediately tons of ideas how to fix some stuff easily but you wont because you still sit up on your high horses.

I just know I wont purchase the new Xpac. Just look at tavern talks, its clear they dont care what the community wants.
Well, as I see it, it doesn't matter what dev's we have. The problem is in the core of the game, and they just do what they think is needed to make it somewhat playable. Remember, these dev's aren't the ones responsible for making this heap of junk in the first place. They are just here to try rectify and patch as best they can. Fixing the core issues of these game, is out of the question, since it would take recoding the entire game.

I really don't envy their position. Being thrown to the wolves. I can imagine the stress some of these guys must have.
03/24/2015 09:43 AMPosted by schwegs
03/24/2015 09:41 AMPosted by Hern
I dont want D2 successor.
I want a good game.

D3 should be THE game, not A game.

Who are you to post in the D3 forum chat that you don't want D2 successor? One of the current Devs?!!!

Probably not. Just a person that does not want the dupes , hacks and 3rd party sites that D2 into an unsalvageable cesspool. Some one that knows the skill trees and max two skills and synergies then farm + to skills is a joke. D2 is a child's game go play it is where you belong. You all whine and hate the developers but here you are.
You will not get a trade system where you can earn lunch money.
You will not get an offline mode so you can hack the game
You will nor get D2's easy mode of game play

It is not the dev's fault you are over your head in D3.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Who are you to post in the D3 forum chat that you don't want D2 successor? One of the current Devs?!!!

Probably not. Just a person that does not want the dupes , hacks and 3rd party sites that D2 into an unsalvageable cesspool. Some one that knows the skill trees and max two skills and synergies then farm + to skills is a joke. D2 is a child's game go play it is where you belong. You all whine and hate the developers but here you are.
You will not get a trade system where you can earn lunch money.
You will not get an offline mode so you can hack the game
You will nor get D2's easy mode of game play

It is not the dev's fault you are over your head in D3.

Sleep your way to 70
Do some bounties
Spam rifts for set pieces/random legendary
Continue spamming rifts for those same items for +100 more main stat or perfect crit rolls

wow, so different. now you can do grifts until you reach a difficulty that forces you to cheese the game, the things the devs tried to remove because it "wasn't fun" in d2. now the player gets stun locked.
03/24/2015 01:07 PMPosted by CrniVuk
The average game developer today simply is no Peter Molyneux.

Thank god. It's disgusting how you people enable this shameless scam artist to lie his way into people's checkbooks. Blizzard better start working on banning these astroturfers.
It's never just one guy keep that in mind. Directors have vague ideas of what they want. Sometimes those ideas are bad ideas and at that point it's up to the developers under the director to explain that.

That means all these terrible ideas made it into the live game without much if any resistance internally. Like the "Shut up PvP Guy" ordeal. How did the entire D3 team accept that? I can't blame JW entirely for that. Though I understand a lot of people want to pin a failure to a face.

When Diablo 3 failed it was an entire team failure. The entire team should have been reassigned. Though It's easier to shift the director off to a new job than it is to move an entire team. So that's that.

The same team is still there. Sure, they'll probably agree to whatever the director says is needed. That's still the same problem though. There needs to be disagreements and rational arguments made on both sides to create a solid game. I get the sense that nobody on that team speaks for the D2 universe. That's a real problem.
You know almost nothing about the developers. That's a good thing.