I really don't like Greater Rifts...

General Discussion
03/26/2015 09:29 AMPosted by JoeShmo
I'm glad you had that feeling of challenge and achievement for beating him on inferno

I didnt. I had (have) the feeling of never wanting to do it ever again. There's a difference.

"Great, i finally beat it" and "Great i NEVER have to do that again" arent the same thing.

Grifts are the first one.
its gonna be even worse with even more overpowered sets next patch. as raekor you one shot champs a lot of the time and sometimes even rares if enough stuff is grouped up in t6.... pretty silly

you can figure out your optimal funratio gr to farm but then theres the whole key thing. just feels weird. t6 was designed before leg gems even soooooooooo yeah
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699480434#10

This was my suggestion if anyone wants to take a look. Was from sometime just before ancient items were added. Didn't get much traction for or against so I didnt really push it
03/26/2015 10:03 AMPosted by GoochRash
This could also do away with trials. Complete a normal rift in under 15 minutes? RG drops a grift key for the same tier.

Have to think about this for a bit but my first impression is it's a really good idea. Maybe not sold on having timers in the normal areas but i'm sure something else could work very well. Lets be honest, anything and nothing would be better than the current system.
about belial pre1.3 inferno, and anyone who did it, it was the best experience (required skill),because of some reasons
- like said before you can dodge everything
- you need to dodge everything
- you dont have time to dodge

so you actually have to perfect your way of playing everyone who I know who did it had nightmares in night when you beat him (not scary but that "routine" haunting you even in your dreams)
03/26/2015 10:42 AMPosted by Ren
about belial pre1.3 inferno, and anyone who did it, it was the best experience (required skill),because of some reasons
- like said before you can dodge everything
- you need to dodge everything
- you dont have time to dodge

so you actually have to perfect your way of playing everyone who I know who did it had nightmares in night when you beat him (not scary but that "routine" haunting you even in your dreams)

Also, Belial "phase 2" was actually crazy. He would charge you or dash away and throw his green wave. You needed to dodge that (as ranged) or take the hit (and survive as a melee). It was rather dynamic. Now? He's boring (phase 2).

The only "lame" part about pre-nerf Belial was his first phase (sending snakes).
03/26/2015 08:40 AMPosted by Splatmaster
03/26/2015 07:38 AMPosted by DoomBringer
Pre-Nerf Belial was much more challenging than anything GR has to offer.

Please, allow the King to return to its rightful throne.

Belial is fair. GR is just big numbers with unavoidable damage.

beating inferno belial was hype

ghom was way harder tho :P

Original Inferno Wasps, Belial were so tough. Ghom was difficult as well, serious DPS check. Diablo took me many attempts as well.
back then you could actually write a game guide how to play (like how to get pass specific bosses) and strategies/teamcoordination
nowadays its about which items and build
03/26/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Zforrest
Can we get higher Torment levels

No
I don't like greater rifts either but only because I'm no good at them.
03/26/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Zforrest
Timed arcade-style orb pickup rushes

This is pure Shakespearean.
03/26/2015 09:02 AMPosted by mephisto

35 GR is actually much harder than T6, even if it's easy in terms of potential difficulty.

What does that say about T6? :|

GR 25 is T6
And in terms of damage and health each grift level has 17% more HP and mobs deal 13% more damage.
So I don't know how that works in practice (Compounding?) but that suggests GR 35 is effectively 4x harder than T6

^^ This

plus with power creep it becomes a bigger joke, i started multi boxing and with my seasonal dh I carried the 3 new dhs for gear in 35 grifts. so add in the stacking for playing in a party and my seasonal unimpressive arcane barb multishot t6 speed clearing build carried 4 players in 35 with runs between 5-8 minutes depending on what pylons I got, also was wearing hellfire ring so no SOJ and red gem in helm.

so yeah some higher torments would be nice. without going into detail, its just easier to hop in a pub and play with a group in t6 than it is to do the same with grifts. having something like a t7 or 8 with the difficulty of gr 35, 40, 45 would be nice. Considering if you have a geared party and the right setup you can clear gr 35s in sub 2 minutes anyway.
T6 has become which class can move the fastest basically..there's no advantage to any build outside of superior mobility. It's normal mode..that's a problem that should be addressed sooner than later. We're being forced to play normal mode basically and being forced to change our build/gear for mobility doing that content.

2.2 will make it significantly worse and every patch that increases the power creep. T10 wouldn't even be that hard at this point as it would be about GR40.