Items to look for before the patch 2.2 (>^^)>

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
Why does meticulous bolts make this build so good?
Because they increase damage of EA/BL by ~2.5-3 times.
03/30/2015 12:31 PMPosted by WolfmansBro
Why does meticulous bolts make this build so good?
Well read what it does. If you want details....

Ball lightning deals 150% weapon damage, radius is 16 yards, attacks every 40 frames (2/3 of a second), and travels 30 yards per second. Having 30% ball lightning speed on the quiver makes it travel 9 yards per second.
Seeing Steady Aim as a "Must have" passive makes me happy inside. Thanks for the post Nyan!
This build will be Bis for groups, and questionable solo (if you are using bait the trap for crit ).
One thing though I'm curious about is if it will be the "to-go" build for the next patch. I would like to know how other classes are dealing their damage and do a spreadsheet on that. Using the highest cleared on PTR is complete bull, because people don't try on PTR.
03/30/2015 02:00 PMPosted by WeAreLasers
Seeing Steady Aim as a "Must have" passive makes me happy inside. Thanks for the post Nyan!
Keep in mind that lightning% on amulet is extremely strong. It might be better in fact to not use a hellfire amulet in your case, and use a 20% lightning, high CHC+CHD+socket amulet instead. Unless you got a nice lightning hellfire amulet :/

You can always copy my spreadsheets, and do some calculations yourself to check what will give you most DPS.
Last week I had 5 SoJs dropped in live, 4 lightning. Coincidence or blizz's stealth patch in preparation to 2.2?

Also numerous 1H, all with discipline.

Thanks for posting Nyan.

(>^^)>
03/30/2015 10:45 AMPosted by bladezero25
03/30/2015 10:11 AMPosted by Psychologic

And how do you propose people farm for such a bow before 2.2 (thread title)?

Just farm for a bow now and save it. When 2.2 drops, you'll have +disc as an option to re-roll at the mystic.

He was talking about a Kridershot with natural max discipline (not rerolled disc), and since the thread is about farming items before 2.2 I was asking how he expected people to farm a bow with natural discipline in 2.1.2
03/30/2015 03:20 PMPosted by Psychologic

Just farm for a bow now and save it. When 2.2 drops, you'll have +disc as an option to re-roll at the mystic.

He was talking about a Kridershot with natural max discipline (not rerolled disc), and since the thread is about farming items before 2.2 I was asking how he expected people to farm a bow with natural discipline in 2.1.2

I was just making a somewhat derpy tip about affix rerolls. The point i really tried to make (despite the thread title) was that a bis krider for ue needs disc to roll on it when it drops to really be the best. Thats not to say that ancient kridershots that dont have disc arent useless, they are still quite strong and you can clear 47 to 48 with awful rolls on gear (i missed 47 by about 30 seconds and my rolls were terrible).
03/30/2015 12:10 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Having a kridershot with this set is still going to be better than anything else your going to do

i have to disagree here. Having an old Kridershot with 2700 dps and no disc on Weapon or Quiver will result in just 300% "relative weapon dps" more than the same setup with M6. (1600% M6 to 1910% UE, F&R active) however, this is then further reduced by the fact that that the competing weapon is a 3300 dps Uskang with 20% Lightning Damage + higher dex.

its all about your gear, as always. I have given up on finding an Ancient Krider - or even a new krider with disc and 4 real mainstats.

But still, M6 will not be the best option to choose if UE/Slowball is out of the question.
Focus + restraint + soj ? I don't get it. And wht is so great about F&R in the next patch ?
Doesn't Krider always roll with socket still?

Kinda making the whole 'roll with disp after' debate a bit moot?
03/30/2015 03:09 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
One thing though I'm curious about is if it will be the "to-go" build for the next patch. I would like to know how other classes are dealing their damage and do a spreadsheet on that. Using the highest cleared on PTR is complete bull, because people don't try on PTR.
03/30/2015 02:00 PMPosted by WeAreLasers
Keep in mind that lightning% on amulet is extremely strong. It might be better in fact to not use a hellfire amulet in your case, and use a 20% lightning, high CHC+CHD+socket amulet instead. Unless you got a nice lightning hellfire amulet :/

You can always copy my spreadsheets, and do some calculations yourself to check what will give you most DPS.

Interesting, so you think that having lightning% > 5th passive in my case. That's a bummer but I guess that makes sense as it is a loss in elemental dmg.
03/30/2015 03:09 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan

I don't know of any other class that has a build that requires no resource management for its highest output.

UE+Kirder is basically inoculated against the globe doc nerf, which then also allows the zSader to run critical instead of hope, which in itself is a big deal.
03/31/2015 12:55 AMPosted by Dunkelvieh
03/30/2015 12:10 PMPosted by VocaloidNyan
Having a kridershot with this set is still going to be better than anything else your going to do

i have to disagree here. Having an old Kridershot with 2700 dps and no disc on Weapon or Quiver will result in just 300% "relative weapon dps" more than the same setup with M6. (1600% M6 to 1910% UE, F&R active) however, this is then further reduced by the fact that that the competing weapon is a 3300 dps Uskang with 20% Lightning Damage + higher dex.

its all about your gear, as always. I have given up on finding an Ancient Krider - or even a new krider with disc and 4 real mainstats.

But still, M6 will not be the best option to choose if UE/Slowball is out of the question.
Idk where you getting your info from, but sure...let's have a math battle *starts music*.

M6 multiplier = 4 + 3 * 1.3 = 7.9
about half is from player

UE multiplier = (1 + 3 * 69 / 20) * 1.2 = 13.62
all is from player

So in other words, your weapon has to net you 72.4% more DPS for it to be better than Kridershot. I did not include that you have 1 less passive, or include how AD works better with UE, or include how M6 is only conditioned if you have 3 perfectly placed sentries.

So yeah (>^^)>
don't mess with the Nyan calculations... :)
I figure this has probably already been covered but how much better is krider/met bolt vs say a bow (or hand crossbow or crossbow) with the spines quiver? If I recall the big thing with sloball was the proc rate to refill discipline to power SS, but since thats not the case now since the nightstalker change...150xnumber of tics vs a straight 380/400/500 etc depending on which rune used?
No competition. You get a constant stream of balls worth 1050-1650% weapon damage each vs the multshot's 360% with 600% rockets. Also on the kridershot build, you can stack AD or BvE instead of RCR.
No not MS I mean using chakram... wouldn't that be constant as well?