I don't think r6 needs flying dragon

Monk
Ive been going back and forth all day and it doesn't seem worth it. With pain enhancer and gogol of swiftnews, my attack speed hits unreal within seconds and I can pretty much maintain it. Ive been even using my old furnace and my attack speed is good. I think dual wielding is the best option but I'm just a Console guy don't shoot me
I have the exact opposite opinion (and, I have ancient dex furnace) on PC. For T6, FD>furnace. Also, I swapped passive Unity (from using innas) to momentum because it's up ~100% of the time. Don't know why profile doesn't update yet... For Grifts, jury is out (haven't tried). I was one shotting E packs with 2 others in T6 group and got 2b crit on RG at the end (1 shot). Kewl beans :P
Ancient FD stomped what my Ancient Furnace could do. R6 just opens up with FD, the speed is required to make R6 function optimally, it seems.
I've been struggling with this issue myself, then I get to the RG and FD procs fairly consistently and yeah, FD OP.
I Def can see it over the furnace but I dunno about dual wielding. Hrmm I'll have to farm an ancient one
I've been playing around with cold dual wield using Rimeheart and Azurewrath which is pretty badass so far
2 billion? how in the world did you crit for 2 billion. Does flying dragon really add that much dps?
^ FitL, DS active, Momentum up, BAM -- 2 beez :D
Fitz is going MR but I can't stand that passive...
i just tried and still only get 800 million
For 2b crits you most likely need bastions of will although there might be enough skill buffs to temporaily get you there. I prefer a bit more sustain since the 75 spirit cost is a !@#$%.

On topic, I tried other 2H weapons but FD really makes a huge difference when it procs. Faster spending and generating is pretty much required with this build.
04/08/2015 07:28 PMPosted by DethAxe

I'm hitting 1.85 bil crits in GR45+ with this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adPXhg!ghfR!YZaYcY

Anyone try Assimilation with it yet?
04/09/2015 02:41 AMPosted by Fitz

I'm hitting 1.85 bil crits in GR45+ with this build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#adPXhg!ghfR!YZaYcY

I've noticed that I have more control over DS with the #1 key instead of the right mouse button.
Me too ^ . Too bad we can't map DS to the left mouse button.
For some reason I salvaged my ancient Flying Dragon 2 days before 2.2. Wasn't even drunk.
im running a firebuild with R6, tried it with assimilation and damage is ok. i think it can do better, cause my timing and clicking sucks, need more practice.

dash>cyclone>assimilation>dash

still working on toughness, this build is squishy.
04/09/2015 02:41 AMPosted by Fitz

I like Assimilation. It takes a little bit of time to get use to when and how to use the stack counts Assimilation gives you, but once you do, the damage can be very nice. Also, in combination with Assimilation and Mythic Rhythm, mobs, elites, and even rift guardians can die with ease.

I have not tried higher than 43 yet because between level 40 through level 43 tokens, I have gathered over 150 since greater rifts have been introduced in the game. Trying to turn them higher token values or upgrade legendary gems.

Here's the build I use for greater rifts 40 through 43: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#UPhXYd!aRfg!YacYcY

Relvinian
04/08/2015 07:16 PMPosted by N4xis
2 billion? how in the world did you crit for 2 billion. Does flying dragon really add that much dps?

He is 800+ Paragon levels, with mostly all Ancients that are gear correctly and 3 DPS gems all r40+ so yeah he will do billion damage.
I'm loving my current setup. There's just so much raw damage. Everything dies so quickly.

Was doing 2-man Greater Rifts earlier with a Barbarian friend for blood shards.

We cleared GR43 in roughly 4:30 seconds.
I vote for FD.

But for sure gonna try some Azurewath + other 1H weapon.
Just not sure which would be the best.

Is there another 1h weapon that gives % cold damage?
with new R6, u can crit over 2 bil if u have the gear needed. i'm using dual weild and my crit on normal mob around 1.1 bil to 1.8 bil, on rift guard around 1.4 bil to 2.1 bil