Grift 50+ Paragon 400+ already????

General Discussion
I started Season 3 as soon as it went live and played my witch doctor character for 21 hours and reached level 70 paragon 31. I already see people on the leaderboards at paragon 400+. Is there something I am missing? Even if a person hasn't slept since the inception of season 3 because of the advancing scale of points needed to reach that level of paragon how in God's name have they already reached that level? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note I am definitely happy with the new additions in season 3 and am looking forward to leveling my witch doctor as well as other characters.
Step 1 Turn bot on
Step 2 Go outside
Step 3 :-D
Playing in groups allows for more exp and shared loot. So if someone has a piece of gear that they don't need or use, they can just give it to you and vise versa. It's impossible to get to a paragon level of 500 in what......3 days if you're playing solo.
And this is why seasons for this game are a dumb idea...
yeah, enjoy competing with bots
The higher level stuff you do, the more XP you get. I ran a grift 27 with 4 others this weekend, and I got 5 para levels in that one grift alone. And it only took like 8 minutes.

But seriously, how do people play that much and enjoy it? I'm literally sore today from sitting so much and playing so much, and I really wonder what the point of it all is. Mindlessly killing mobs for dozens of hours in a row is fun?
Ban them.
Players like Quin69 have 4-man groups that farm for hours on end and know what they are doing. That are already farming GR35-40 for the multiplicative XP bonuses.

This isn't new and it isn't "bots".
04/13/2015 09:52 AMPosted by Malachi
The higher level stuff you do, the more XP you get. I ran a grift 27 with 4 others this weekend, and I got 5 para levels in that one grift alone. And it only took like 8 minutes.

But seriously, how do people play that much and enjoy it? I'm literally sore today from sitting so much and playing so much, and I really wonder what the point of it all is. Mindlessly killing mobs for dozens of hours in a row is fun?

There really isn't a point really. It's the same content over and over. Same is the same game at on Normal as it is on GR60. Just a numbers game with RNG.
04/13/2015 09:39 AMPosted by Sparhawk
I started Season 3 as soon as it went live and played my witch doctor character for 21 hours and reached level 70 paragon 31. I already see people on the leaderboards at paragon 400+. Is there something I am missing? Even if a person hasn't slept since the inception of season 3 because of the advancing scale of points needed to reach that level of paragon how in God's name have they already reached that level? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Firstly, I doubt these are bots.
Secondly, you should be aware that GRifts offer substantially more xp than does T6. Once you start getting into the 30's, it's quite a bit more.
Thirdly, +xp and +xp% gear work better in GRifts. They multiply with GRift bonus. Outside of GRifts, they add with bonus. There's a HUGE difference.
Fourthly, people can speed clear GRift 40. See 1-3 above. You can wear tons of xp% gear.

To give you an idea, one T6 clear can net a P200 character maybe 1 Paragon. Wearing XP gear, a GRift 30ish clear can net about 5 Paragon. That is MASSIVE. And it scales higher if you can do GRift 40 or more.
Some people play 18 hours a day.
At paragon 100ish, we were already speed grifting 25+. Now, we're doing 30s. If I had time to play as much as them, I would be over paragon 300 and speed grifting 35s.

There's no real skill involved in D3. It takes time, a good group and luck.
04/13/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Darkseid

Thanks Obama.

There isn't enough depth to this game to play for that many hours a day really. Zzzzzz
04/13/2015 10:06 AMPosted by JCourtney
04/13/2015 10:01 AMPosted by Darkseid

Thanks Obama.
...it was a weekend. Some people set aside their weekend to do exactly this.
04/13/2015 10:06 AMPosted by JCourtney
There isn't enough depth to this game to play for that many hours a day really. Zzzzzz
Depth is what you make of it. Some people find lots of depth in pushing GRifts and higher difficulty. Getting on the leaderboards, maintaining #1, etc, etc.

Just because YOU don't personally find it in-depth doesn't mean others share that sentiment.
Thanks for all of the posts so far. I started doing rifts as soon as I was able for the exp. The second rift i played was full of cows. I thought that was pretty funny until I noticed the exp I was receiving from them. After killing the rift guardian I did 8 more levels. Got a massive boost of exp and probably should have done a few more levels. I don't recall reading anything about this type of level and thought you had to build something to get the cow level. Am I wrong in thinking that and is the cow level generated by RNG?

Again, thanks for all of your posts.
04/13/2015 10:07 AMPosted by Sparhawk
Got a massive boost of exp and probably should have done a few more levels. I don't recall reading anything about this type of level and thought you had to build something to get the cow level. Am I wrong in thinking that and is the cow level generated by RNG?
You got a Cow Rift. There's no requirements for this (only luck). The cow level offers no additional xp over a regular rift, only cosmetic differences in the enemies and graphics.

There's is a Pony level (aka, cow level for D3), and you have to build an item for that or find a rainbow goblin.
Who knew if you play 50 hours straight you can get lots of loot, xp, and push high GRs?

Seriously, people need to stop caring about leaderboards and streamer paragon levels and just enjoy the goddam game. Go back to farming your ancient weapons and pushing your GR 25. Who cares about streamers and leaderboard players.
04/13/2015 09:43 AMPosted by Pilfered
Step 1 Turn bot on
Step 2 Go outside
Step 3 :-D

Bots aren't doing Grifts ... lol
they have no job or life and let the bot run 40+ grifts while they sleep.
04/13/2015 09:49 AMPosted by Silicon
yeah, enjoy competing with bots

Bots litter Non season even more.. lol