Royal ring, Why oh why.

Items and Crafting
So i'm curious, why on earth you (Blizzard) thought making it guaranteed to have attack speed and life per hit was even remotely a good idea? It's nearly mandatory for most builds and you want a socket for certain... Really i just don't understand the logic for having guaranteed stats on things like this.
Because it's a powerful ring, and it should be hard to get a really good one. You think they should always roll crit chance or socket? So the very first one you get is great?
I'd be more displeased with the LoH, but I digress. I think they want the undesirable stats to be part of the trade off for the good bonus.

Have you seen the new Zodiac ring? Same deal, but the legendary effect is great. Got to qork with what you get, I guess.
I could understand your frustration if the ring was hard to find, but it's really not. You know exactly where to farm for one. That can't be said for most desirable items in this game.
I think the bad-ish default rolls are intended to be the trade off for the very powerful legendary bonus.
I actually think because sockets weren't useful back then and the Devs wanted to have some survivability with the Rorg. Now take a look at the elemental ring, that always rolls socket and crit chance. No trade-off there for a powerful ring there right?
04/12/2015 07:23 AMPosted by EtherSword
I actually think because sockets weren't useful back then and the Devs wanted to have some survivability with the Rorg. Now take a look at the elemental ring, that always rolls socket and crit chance. No trade-off there for a powerful ring there right?

Yeah but that ring is a random drop, you have no control over when or if you find it.
04/12/2015 07:16 AMPosted by noQuarter
Because it's a powerful ring, and it should be hard to get a really good one. You think they should always roll crit chance or socket? So the very first one you get is great?

I don't think anything but primary stat should be 100%, i certainly don't think ANY two things should be 100% let alone 3!

04/12/2015 07:21 AMPosted by noQuarter
I could understand your frustration if the ring was hard to find, but it's really not. You know exactly where to farm for one. That can't be said for most desirable items in this game.

That's a bad argument, make it impossible to get a perfect ring because we waste 2 of the possible affixes with garbage just because it's easy to get.

I could live with primary stat + AS OR LoH but not both.
04/12/2015 07:21 AMPosted by ESOZ
I think the bad-ish default rolls are intended to be the trade off for the very powerful legendary bonus.

For a ring that will be used by every class in the game, I don't think that is the right approach since some builds will actually benefit from attack speed. Maybe not as useful as critical chance or anything else but still an "ok" stat whereas other builds will find that pretty much annoying.

No set affixes would be much better than bad affixes. There is no need to let them always roll good affixes, but don't let them roll bad ones either. See the Hellfire Amulet for example.
the attack speed 100% needs to be removed 1. its not a downfall for every build infact i know of 2 it is helpful and makes rorg that much more powerful than for other builds. WW barb and carnevil build. both massivly benefit from AS. ,but i don't think making people need to farm it 200 times to find the perfect one with socket and can roll as to crit.
04/12/2015 09:34 PMPosted by devilslemon
the attack speed 100% needs to be removed 1. its not a downfall for every build infact i know of 2 it is helpful and makes rorg that much more powerful than for other builds. WW barb and carnevil build. both massivly benefit from AS. ,but i don't think making people need to farm it 200 times to find the perfect one with socket and can roll as to crit.

It'd be better to make it rarer but better tbh.

How useful is AS for WW barbs? above crit, crit damage and a socket? If not, it's still a bad stat to have on 100% of rings=p