The GR100 Club!

Monk
Prev 1 2 3 4 22 Next
05/10/2015 09:22 AMPosted by Faux
I was using Shenlongs for a Long time, its good, but Utar (Cold%) and a Good Sever I found was able to out do it, went from 800mil to 1b+ damage.

Hmm, may craft an Utar when I find another decent 1hander to use. I really like the high CDR Raiment since I absolutely suck at not blowing all my charges when GRing, so the quick recharge and near perma-IwL/FP/Epip is great for my lazy-numlockiness.

05/10/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Felargon
Maybe ill try some rift hunting to go for 52 if i find the time to farm some 52 keys

I found the funnest way was to find a speed GRs in the low 40s to clear fast enough for +10 keys. So once you finish a tier solo (like GR48,49,50) just use those excess keys in the speed 40s GRs to upgrade to the current GR you're working on.

ie - once you're done with GR50, just use all your GR50 keys in speed GR41s to get GR51 keys ^_^
05/11/2015 07:03 AMPosted by Davlok
I found the funnest way was to find a speed GRs in the low 40s to clear fast enough for +10 keys. So once you finish a tier solo (like GR48,49,50) just use those excess keys in the speed 40s GRs to upgrade to the current GR you're working on.

ie - once you're done with GR50, just use all your GR50 keys in speed GR41s to get GR51 keys ^_^

How do I find a group that runs speed GRs in the low 40s in under 3-4 minutes :)?
05/11/2015 12:53 PMPosted by Lazar
How do I find a group that runs speed GRs in the low 40s in under 3-4 minutes :)?

Oh, well I didn't realize this myself until a few days ago, but now you can join up to TEN communities (up from 5), so you can camp in a bunch of GR channels to find a group. I've had luck in the public ones - just search for "grift" and "rift" should find most of them. There are also a few private communities with some prerequisites to join, but I usually don't bother with those egos. Usually if run with a good group for a while end up getting friend requests and then you may get the random invite the moment you log on. Personally been running with some <Unity> folks and lately some <adrena> folks who aren't even primarily english heh.

Of course, if you're lazy like me and don't have a solid stash of rift stones to upgrade, you're at the mercy of the key provider as far as what GR level you are going to do, but some people have 100s of low/mid GR40 keys from 2.1.2 speed farming a ton of mid GR30s last season. I just recycle as many of my keys to the next GR level I plan to work on, and hide them after the speed session.

Just did a GR53 last night with 0.5 seconds to spare, so might keep a few GR53 keys to practice with.. or at least fish for some beasts ^_^;
05/12/2015 06:44 AMPosted by Davlok

Just did a GR53 last night with 0.5 seconds to spare, so might keep a few GR53 keys to practice with.. or at least fish for some beasts ^_^;

Keep going, I got the beasts two days ago and hamelin, 53 cleared (edit: season). :D:D
I got into the 50 club last week!
Still working on getting better at gathering density of trash mobs better so that i can clear past there, i keep wasting time on killing groups that don't give me enough progress, so i've missed 51 clears by about a minute/minute and a half a couple times.

Edit: My GR50 clear was on seasonal
!@#$%^-it i'm trying!!!
Gr 52 cleared 12m 40 (NS)

R6 + APD

Gems:
Bane of the Trapped
Esoteric
Gogok

Char ----> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/NickFudu-2113/hero/19859503

By the way i would appreciate if someone could share a build that could obtain keys 55+ for SOLO trials as a monk (if possible).

EDIT : Focus restrain is missing from what i see from my char. I was trying unity + coe last day but although survailibility is very noticeable, the dmg decrease is noticeable aswell so returned to focus restrain combo, but the profile hasn't update it yet.
05/13/2015 02:11 AMPosted by Nagash
Keep going, I got the beasts two days ago and hamelin, 53 cleared (edit: season). :D:D

Took around 6 tries, but finally fished for a human + undead rift with a beast RG to get GR53 done in ~13min for the top DW time in non-seasons ^_^

Money Shot: http://i.imgur.com/jV5hqzp.jpg
Cleared 50 first try. Probably can do 55ish but am taking it slow. Practiced in the 40's for a couple days before trying 50. Was a terrible GRift. Crap mobs and elite packs everywhere. Just decided to *%$# it and tank it. Saved by Power Pylon and Stoneboy to finish in 11:53 at the end.

I switched out my Eye of Elitch for a physical resist ammy that gave me dex, and very nice CHD/CC. Standard cold DS monk R6 build, but I did switch the Way of the Fist rune to cold just for extra damage and crowd control - mainly because my Ancient FD has built in Spirit assistance.

Swapped in NDE due to squishy ammy for STI. I missed the extra attack speed and toughness, but the extra damage and free life was just too good. Will see what happens when I clear 60 - probably in a couple days.

Yes that last sentence was a joke.

But special shout out to those guys that help all of us out: Natsuma you are the best. Love your strem. Quin69 - dude you are hilarious and super cool. DatModz - keep the beard real my friend. You are awesome. And Maypreem - you post in chat and are helpful to many. Thank you all.
I just cleared 50 now with non ancient FD.
with cold R6 + APD + full cdr setup (for perma IS) and a decent HF amulet (harmony passive)

did 3 51s so far, also took me just a little over 15mins ;( (bad map and mobs)

i also tried 50 with my ancient DW setup
sledge fists (LoH + 10cdr) + thunderfurry (10cdr 10rcr)
yield same result as my none ancient FD

was wondering is DW really better?
for me, FD setup seems doing more for me @@

edit:
i also tried my new found ancient tourch setup (cant get over gr45....)
seems i really sucks on play WOL setup @@
05/14/2015 05:48 AMPosted by Davlok
Took around 6 tries, but finally fished for a human + undead rift with a beast RG to get GR53 done in ~13min for the top DW time in non-seasons ^_^

Money Shot: http://i.imgur.com/jV5hqzp.jpg

Nice, you are just ahead of me by 10 sec. and taking highest dual-wield NA. I need to push again :).
Little late to the party, but the bouncer finally let me in. It was Perendi of all people! Didn't even have to use a pylon to get through the door.
Cleared Grift 50 12:58

6 Piece Zuni.
Chilled Dogs.
Convention of elements.
Enforcer , Bane of Trapped , Pain enhancer.
05/23/2015 06:38 AMPosted by CowsArmy
Cleared Grift 50 12:58

6 Piece Zuni.
Chilled Dogs.
Convention of elements.
Enforcer , Bane of Trapped , Pain enhancer.

not sure if ur a troll or dont realize this is meant for monks
51 down now. Took 12 attempts though - think I am hitting the wall with my build. However, there were a lot of terrible rifts I had to fight through. The last one was amazing, but I dc'd twice and had major lag spikes. I knew I could clear it if I could just stay connected.

Got Sandshaper as final boss with literally 8 minutes left on the clock but no pylons.

His tornadoes are insane now.
53 with dual down, something like 14min, i think, one very early and near useless channeling pylon, but otherwise not a lot of help. DoubleFisted, for reference.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ButteryNugs-1889/hero/57370705
54 down in seasons using the DW cooldown spec and random ancient weapons (Thunderfury & Wildwood).

I have been wanting to try the new RCR spec but I can't find a cindercoat and after 70+ crafts, I can't stand farming hellfire amulets.
Finally cleared 50 with DW. Could clear 49 fairly consistently, but 50 was out of reach for a time. RG was the Carver without the benefit of any pylons, though a couple before he came to dinner.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Helix-1260/hero/702412
Finally did it, too, in 13:47min. First try with a no-cc tr/ep-monk: Broken Promises, Unity and Gungdos, 4p-SWK, 2p- Inna's, including a non-ancient Furnace. And the effing boss was effing Gula. Think this build has some potential.
05/24/2015 05:41 AMPosted by Quotenfrau
Gula

Who is that? Ghom/Voracity?