IK6 or WoTW6/IK4 for higher GR?

Barbarian
Which is more efficient for higher GR clears?
WotW6/IK4 got me to GRift 50, haven't tried 51 yet.

While IK6 barely broke 45. So, I personally find WotW6/IK4 to be a better option.
Really have to try out that WW6/IK4 build, but I have yet to find all the pieces needed.

I did manage to clear a GR45 with an IK6 set-up this morning.

I like to call it the "Vile King" build. Using IK6, BK set, F&R, Vile Wards and Strongarm Bracers. It wasn't a particularly good rift & the RG that spawned was Raziel, but I did have 2 or 3 minutes to spare once all was said and done.

To date that's the highest clear I've managed. I would think that with some better rolls on gear (Ancient), a better rift and a less annoying RG this set-up should be able to break GR48, maybe even GR50 when the stars align.

Either way. It was pretty fun and I love getting Furious Charge into the mix.
04/14/2015 12:18 PMPosted by Wangster
Which is more efficient for higher GR clears?

I think the general consensus is that WOTW6/IK4 will get you higher in GR.

I haven't played with optimal WOTW/IK but I'm pretty much specc'd near optimal for IK6 and I topped out at 50 so far and can see it probably getting around 52+ish with good rift RNG.
Cant find a damn IK BB but Ive cleared 46 in 9 minutes with 6pce IK
I've cleared 47 (not in time for bonus) with Ik6 and WotW6: both used bul kathos set, unity, and SoJ. With IK you can have constant up time with WotB and CotA. WotW dust devils do most of your damage (still less than what i did with IK6) and the bonus from the 4p help you stay alive longer.

So gear for WotW 6p / IK 4p would be...?

I'm assuming this though...

Head - WotW
Chest - WotW
Shoulders - WotW
Gloves - IK
Weapon - IK
Belt - IK
Legs - WotW
Feet - WotW
Ring 1 - RoRG
Ring 2 - unity/SoJ/CoE

I'll have to give this a shot later
04/14/2015 01:47 PMPosted by Yakob
I'm assuming this though...

Head - WotW
Chest - WotW
Shoulders - WotW
Gloves - IK
Weapon - IK
Belt - IK
Legs - WotW
Feet - WotW
Ring 1 - RoRG
Ring 2 - unity/SoJ/CoE

Pretty much. The weapon and shoulder slots are locks...other than that go with which ever pieces you have the most ancients of.

WW6/IK4 is better than IK6/WW4 (my opinion) but both perform pretty well.
04/14/2015 01:50 PMPosted by Pri
WW6/IK4 is better than IK6/WW4 (my opinion) but both perform pretty well.

I'm assuming the dust devils would do more damage anyway right? seems to give some fun crowd control... I know it LOOKS messy, but its fun to play.
The 100% 6p from IK didn't seem to change much when i used it. The main benefit was the damage reduction... i was using lightning for damage, cota lighting rune 50% dam red, wotb rune 50% dam red, + unity (yes for some reason i kept it on...ha)
And since you can keep those up at all times (as long as you keep spending fury and casting wotb, (or just constant WW did it for me) you can keep up an 87.5% damage reduction, right? (100% *0.5 * 0.5 * 0.5 = 12.5)

If you mix the defensive parts of the two sets you could get it down to... 95%? or am I way off here... i feel like i'm messing that up. Seems like too much reduction... (just multiplying in the WW4p of 40% reduction while spinning)
All I know is I feel like I'm moving in slomo when in run 6WW/4IK after running IK6/BK, granted things melt quicker with 6/4 in T6, I just think it's faster with IK6 for T6, GR's definitely better with 6WW/4IK.
Ive done 50 now with Raekor, Wastes-6 and IK-4/Waste-6.

I thnk IK-4/W6 is going to reign until skull grasp is fixed
04/14/2015 10:43 PMPosted by Samir
Ive done 50 now with Raekor, Wastes-6 and IK-4/Waste-6.

How the EF did you do 50 with raekor?... I seriously can only get around 40... maybe i'm just bad with that set :|

The RG always spanks me hard... and i can never beat it before the timer above 40ish range
How optimal is your guys' gear for the WW6/IK4 set? I finally found the WW helm last night, albeit rolled crap (no Vit). I swapped all the pieces from IK6/BK and my sheet DPS took about a 400k hit - hovers right around 1.3mil or so now.

With my IK set, I was clearing GR46, but I really want to try a bit higher. Is it the WW6 6-piece bonus that makes it better?
04/15/2015 05:25 AMPosted by Damian
Right now with fnr ring set the damage is even more insane for raekors. I cleared a 47 and I was very casual towards doing gr in season 2.

Good point on this one... i completely forgot to try this out. I mean, its a perfect fit. Charging and frenzy.

I'll give this another shot tonight!
Has anyone tested WotW/IK 4 with Hexing pants and Tasker and Theo ?
The thing about higher Greater Rifts is it's not all about damage, a lot of it is about survivability. Being able to live long enough to do damage. Without a good amount of toughness you spend too much time resurrecting yourself, which adds up to a ton of lost time.

A physical WW build for example will likely lead to more damage, but a lightning WW build may help you push more ranks if you're struggling because you can switch to defensive passives or Together As One without losing too much.
04/15/2015 05:30 AMPosted by Damian
04/15/2015 05:10 AMPosted by Acky
How optimal is your guys' gear for the WW6/IK4 set? I finally found the WW helm last night, albeit rolled crap (no Vit). I swapped all the pieces from IK6/BK and my sheet DPS took about a 400k hit - hovers right around 1.3mil or so now.

With my IK set, I was clearing GR46, but I really want to try a bit higher. Is it the WW6 6-piece bonus that makes it better?

Ik set will be held back by not doing enough damage. You get a 100% buff but doing damage with what?

Wotw dd from 6 piece does a lot of damage paired with rend. Single target is not a problem and aoe is not a problem. As long as you're gear has proper rolls and you upgrade your legendary gems while doing progression/farming greater rifts you'll go over 50 sooner then later.

There has been a lot of questions lately how to get over 45 46 gr. While inspecting those profiles you would notice a few things. Bad gear choices. Bad gem choices. Also low level gems. There is so much gear and player skill level can do. Eventually you will be looking for that 1-2% damage boost because you failed a easy job gr do to damage it self.

Thanks, Damian.

Would someone be willing to check out my gear, since the profile finally updated, and tell me how it's looking? I have been so unlucky with the new set drops, both from RGs and Kadala.
anyone knows basic [ 101 ] for barbarian?

like whats it most wanted CC, CD, CDR, RA ...
i've started one seasonal barbarian, and building WW with Wrath and IK set. ;D
thanks