Random Crashes

Technical Support
Prev 1 18 19 20 Next
I had played solo all day yesterday (Thursday Apr 9th) up to that point I had the client crash to desktop only once, the first time I entered a GRift after the patch. Since then it had not crashed at all, including with two and three player games Wednesday evening.

Then last night during play, starting at about 10 pm eastern, all of a sudden all players started crashing to desktop and needing to "end process" (Diablo3.exe) to be able to restart the game.

I don't know whose great idea it was for using the live servers for some of these so called "hot fixes" but I can only imagine that this problem is related to something like that...

As others have stated, it's hard playing with those client crashes on a regular game, but it's insanity to consider playing on HC or Seasonal HC when a "hot patch" can hit without warning and get a HC character killed...

If Blizzard suddenly starts selling Hard Core Character Life Insurance at $5 a pop (single-use restoral of dead HC character), it will be clear what's going on...
Hello Everyone, we are investigating these crashes, and we'll keep you posted as we learn more. We apologize for the difficulties.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

"I like them, but...they're weak. I hope we don't become weak too."
LOL.. for about 5 seconds I thought I had gotten a reply to HC life insurance ^^
04/09/2015 06:13 PMPosted by LadyJessika
Anyone else getting them suddenly? Just started for me tonight.
Twice now game just freezes up.

Yep, same as you. Right around yesterday night kept crashing and it's still happening.

Diablo 3 is consuming anywhere from 1.2 million to 1.5 million memory in the Task Processor while in-game. Character screen consumes half of that amount.

I tried scanning and repairing and I might do a clean reinstall, not sure what else.
04/10/2015 07:02 AMPosted by BlueSteel
04/09/2015 06:13 PMPosted by LadyJessika
Anyone else getting them suddenly? Just started for me tonight.
Twice now game just freezes up.

Yep, same as you. Right around yesterday night kept crashing and it's still happening.

Diablo 3 is consuming anywhere from 1.2 million to 1.5 million memory in the Task Processor while in-game. Character screen consumes half of that amount.

I tried scanning and repairing and I might do a clean reinstall, not sure what else.
Not sure a clean install will help since many others are having the same issue. That would indicate perhaps a probable corrupt file from the last patch.

I never had a crash until the recent patch.

Blizzard is looking into it.

Until then: I just started Dragon Age: Inquisition. Lots of fun. ;)

You might wait until the blue post two up from your post reports back their findings before doing anything too invasive...

*Templar* "Nice thought!"
Thank goodness it isn't just me. D3 has been rock solid on my otherwise trouble free system until last night, when I experienced 8 to 10 crashes over the period of a couple hours. My symptoms:

- Playing full screen 2560x1440 on AMD R9 290 all settings max'ed out
- At some significant action point, the full screen game window disappears, leaving a static remnant over the Battle.net application.
- The Diablo III process is still in memory at this point (1+ gig), but has no user interface.
- Have to kill Diablo III and Battle.net app in task manager in order to restart game.

Very distressing.
I sincerely hope this gets resolved by tonight...there will be a LOT more people playing tonight and this weekend in general with the launch of S3. If these crashes are not fixed, it's going to make playing an unpleasant experience...and for the HC players...they'd be out of their minds to try and play through it.
04/10/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Supes
I sincerely hope this gets resolved by tonight...there will be a LOT more people playing tonight and this weekend in general with the launch of S3. If these crashes are not fixed, it's going to make playing an unpleasant experience...and for the HC players...they'd be out of their minds to try and play through it.

Well, some friends and I were getting together tonight to play the start of the season, but its looking like a foolish decision since we all play hardcore.
i had lots of crashes last night.

it was like a gpu crash. I trashed down the to bare minimum processes and it would crash. My ping sat awesome all night.
04/10/2015 06:50 AMPosted by Velnrak
Hello Everyone, we are investigating these crashes, and we'll keep you posted as we learn more. We apologize for the difficulties.

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak

"I like them, but...they're weak. I hope we don't become weak too."

Hop to it! I woke up for my morning crac- Diablo hit and now I've got a Jones!
I only had 1 crash last night, but I play hardcore. When the game crashes, I restart and login to make sure I'm still alive. If I am, I log off. If I'm dead, I log off.

Luckily I was just running bounties in T6 and survived.

Hope this gets fixed before S3.

Or we could have fun with it. Start a new character, at the same time as your entire clan. First one to 70 wins! Might take a while. =)
04/10/2015 08:43 AMPosted by d0e1ow
Hop to it! I woke up for my morning crac- Diablo hit and now I've got a Jones!

LOL.

Well then your probably willing to try anything.

I have the same crash symptoms (both diablo and psychologically) and this worked for me:

Create a shortcut to the diablo launcher and Run as administrator.

I was able to play 1.5 hours straight before I passed out...this was 3a to 4:30a this morning.
Glad im not the only one. Was seriosuly about to take my PC out back and shoot it. Happened for me approximately 5 times last night. Could log into game and sit at menus and it would crash. Ran a "Scan and repair" on Bnet Client and was able to do one GR but as soon as I got back into town the game crashed again. Also crash just logging into game and sitting in town, looking at inventory or stash, etc... Blizzard you need to look into or advise how to fix this! Plz K Thanx
Not happening to me, but my friend is having the issue. Hope they fix it soon, planning on an S3 party this evening.
I crashed about every other 10 minutes last night, same with the people in my party for about 2-3 hours last night around 8pm pst to 10pm pst. After those few hours, it seemed to have stopped completely for the next few hours which is good, not sure if they did something to fix it or what.
No crashes for me but my friend last night crashed 3 times in a 20 minute span while I was trying to plvl his wizard up. He kept having to restart his PC otherwise he would remain in my party(in menus) but not able to log back into the game client until the restart.
04/10/2015 07:08 AMPosted by LadyJessika

Not sure a clean install will help since many others are having the same issue. That would indicate perhaps a probable corrupt file from the last patch.

I never had a crash until the recent patch.

Blizzard is looking into it.

Until then: I just started Dragon Age: Inquisition. Lots of fun. ;)

I just did a fresh install 2 days ago after patch dropped on a fresh OS install of my PC. Secure erased the SSD's, re-installed the OS, latest drivers, everything from scratch, and I am also having these crashing issues.

I have not done a repair yet, will try that tonight, but I concur that fresh install probably will not help :)
04/10/2015 06:50 AMPosted by Velnrak

What about HC players that died because of this????