Fix Gem upgrade 60% = Failed, Failed, Failed

Items and Crafting
I have had the 60% upgrade chance failed multiple times in the last couple of days. I did not get one opportunity to upgrade the last few grifts with the 60% chance, so I chose a gem at level 1 to upgrade to at least get the upgrade and not let it fail.
I actually had a triple 90% fail the other day followed by a failed 4th attempt at 90% in the next rift.

I completely agree that it needs to be changed now that you only get the chance to upgrade if you finish in time. At the very least the percentages need to be increased.
Okay, I've been running some testing because I noticed Urshi fails to upgrade my gems almost every run. Out of 180 Urshi gem bets, at 60% chance in 60 seperate runs, my gems were upgraded 53 times, which is under 30%. The rage I feel toward this blue tramp is overwhelming. I'm sick of doing great in the greater rift and then watching Urshi tell me I "failed" three times. It's so enraging.

I don't think you should ever punish the player after they have defeated a greater rift guardian; if the time is up, they should be able to bet on a lower level gem. If they beat the time, they should have at least one guaranteed 100% bet with Urshi. The next time Urshi fails more than 10 times in a row I might have a stroke.
It is mind boggling how people don't understand basic math. It's not broken, it works correctly.

However - I do agree there could be a better way to do it rather than a percent chance because I do agree it sucks to fail after a particularly hard rift. However, most times I am at least happy with the loot and XP I got.

I agree a different teired method would be better. I don't think its broken - I jsut think it could be better.
since the last season i felt its gotten much harder to get upgrades on 60%.
it usually fails 3 out of 4 times
and sometimes 4 out of 4. PLEASE after 10mins on gr it just doesnt feel worth it.
04/10/2015 11:56 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
Have you FAILED all 3 tries while trying to upgrade at 60% chance?

[/quote]

I am just here to hear the salt. Everyone has gotten a bad roll.

So you are telling me if you play DnD with your friends and you have to roll a D20 3 times and you get a 1 each time you will complain and request the rules be changed?
I fail most 60% rolls but whatever. The one that really pisses me off is I also fail nearly all 90%'ers the first time! I actually stop when a gem gets to 90% and do one still at 100% because I know without a doubt that 90% has incredibly high chance of failing.
11/29/2016 08:06 AMPosted by McCloud
I fail most 60% rolls but whatever. The one that really pisses me off is I also fail nearly all 90%'ers the first time! I actually stop when a gem gets to 90% and do one still at 100% because I know without a doubt that 90% has incredibly high chance of failing.
The RNGods hate you, then...

I cannot confirm that. 90% has a chance to fail, but from personal experience it is not that often. I can confirm a 6 times fail at 80% (rift was not empowered) in two rifts, so that's awfully bad luck and you might imagine how my face looked like when I experienced that...

Now, if I was asked to revise the system and the upgrade itself, being granted as a reward for GR completion, should be kept, then I would do it like this:

• If you empower the GR, you get +1 upgrade chance
  • If you don't die during the GR, you gain +1 upgrade chance
  • If the gem rank is below the rift level, your upgrade chance is 100%
  • If the gem rank equals the rift left level, your chance is 50% +0.5% for every ten seconds left on your timer - so, if you could beat the rift in under 2 min, you have ~90% chance to upgrade. Unrealistic for high end GR, but with 3 minutes left you'd still be at 59%, not too different compared to now.
  • If the gem rank is above the rift level, your chance to succeed is halved with every level difference, so 25%, 12.5%, and so on. No bonus for completion time.
  • Your gem gains +1 additional rank per upgrade for every 15 levels that the rift level is above the gem's current rank.

Something like that would make leveling of lower gems significantly less annoying while not changing too much on the upper end.
Just had completed two rifts in line and upgraded only 2 out of 10 with 60%! Is it a joke? Some time ago i had 90% fail 90% fail 90% upgrade 80% fail 80% upgrade. Urshi is a screwed b.
05/07/2018 07:46 AMPosted by mrTrigger
Just had completed two rifts in line and upgraded only 2 out of 10 with 60%! Is it a joke? Some time ago i had 90% fail 90% fail 90% upgrade 80% fail 80% upgrade. Urshi is a screwed b.

Go take a college class on statistics and probability. We've gone over this a million times in a hundred threads. You really didn't need to necro a thread from 2015. But for your sake, I'll go over it one more time.

Sure, I just recently had 4 failures on a row at 80% but I've also had three succeed at 30% and other improbable strings of good and bad luck. If you track your wins and losses over thousands of attempts you'll see the numbers match the probability.
I have failed all 3 with 90%chance. I was really pissed off.