2.2.1 PTR already?

General Discussion
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18710110/patch-221-ptr-patch-notes-4-14-2015
Seroiusly? Is 2.2 that broken that you need to put out a new PTR this fast?
are you really complaining about them adding more content ???
No. I just wonder of they knew that they had this extra content, why didn't they just add it to the patch?
Haven't you heard? These forums are just for entitled brats to make hateful posts about the game that they play so much.
you are complaining they are releasing a ptr so soon, rexamine your complaints please
04/14/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Snogard
No. I just wonder of they knew that they had this extra content, why didn't they just add it to the patch?

Did you even click the link you posted?

There is no extra content. It's called a hotfix.
oh wow. another PTR. dont take part this time fellow barbs. you know what happend last time. dont waste your time giving feedback. devs ignore it anyway.
Wow! Can't wait to test out these fixes!
They have to start testing the fixes otherwise you will get another hotfix, lol
04/14/2015 06:41 PMPosted by Windklinge
oh wow. another PTR. dont take part this time fellow barbs. you know what happend last time. dont waste your time giving feedback. devs ignore it anyway.

Lol

The devs are replacing the IK set with an OK set that doesn't do anything because Wotw 6 IK 4 is too powerful....
Shifting the the 4-set to 6-set and 6-set to 4-set, much hard.
or shifting the bracers to shoulders. so they only work with ik6. much hard aswell. proof : devs dont have a clue.
04/14/2015 06:32 PMPosted by Grumm
There is no extra content. It's called a hotfix.

It isn't a hotfix. Please people, start using that term correctly. Hotfixes are server-side patches that do not require client patches or updates. Anytime you see a client update, that is the exact opposite of a hotfix.

As none of the issues in this upcoming patch were ever "hotfixable", there is a need for a client-side patch to occur. Being that one of the bugfixes has to do with how EXP is obtained, the devs want it tested before it goes live during a season.

Regarding the devs "not patching during a season", that refers to content patches only. They can and will issue bugfix patches when necessary, as well they should.
04/14/2015 06:09 PMPosted by Snogard
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/18710110/patch-221-ptr-patch-notes-4-14-2015
Seroiusly? Is 2.2 that broken that you need to put out a new PTR this fast?

I count 2 bug fixes and a tab addition, are you stupid?
Wooo~ PTR is back
i'm gone from the normal servers again
I'd rather wait for 2.3 PTR when all new content, maps, new sets, etc are in it.
Why the hell does the PTR always copy old versions of your character?
when i logged out last night after a marathon Grift session to level up my gems i got to p400 and when i copied my character to the PTR it is now only 393 and my gems are also not the level i left them at
04/14/2015 09:47 PMPosted by DravenShrike
Why the hell does the PTR always copy old versions of your character?

it has to do with rollback save points. the best guess anyone outside of blizzard could make on how it works is that the "rollback" points work differently from the standard logout and it updates your character (which btw is not working since 2.2...). the rollbacks are likely set to save progress at regular intervals. so when you copy your character to the PTR it could already be 2-3 days old.
04/15/2015 06:58 AMPosted by Morogoth
it has to do with rollback save points. the best guess anyone outside of blizzard could make on how it works is that the "rollback" points work differently from the standard logout and it updates your character (which btw is not working since 2.2...). the rollbacks are likely set to save progress at regular intervals. so when you copy your character to the PTR it could already be 2-3 days old.

Yep. That is pretty much how it works. The system saves "Archive" copies of your account every so often. The save point is indeed different than your live character and can be anywhere from several hour to several days behind the Live save point. This archive copy is also what is used for account rollbacks when a player requests one.

I think they lowered the cooldown on PTR char copy to 24 hours so anyone who wishes, can just copy again once the Archive copy updates. Just beware it overwrites anything you did on the PTR in the meantime.