Blood Shards' Cap and Greater Rifts

General Discussion
Hello, I like the increase of the blood shards' cap and I am ok with the way in which is done. But I would like to be able to rise the cap playing in party too.

The reason is simple, I like to play in party and the way in which is done now I must play alone to rise the cap.

Each greater rift level add +10 to the cap. The idea is that when we play in party, the cap is rised by +8 per level. So, while playing alone one get 500 extra at level 50, in party one would get 400 extra at level 50.

The idea could be adjusted to different sizes of party but the main idea would be the same.

Thx for your time and I would like to see what people think about this, if they agree, if the don't and why, and if they have better ideas about how to make it posible to rise the cap playing in party too.
04/20/2015 03:41 PMPosted by Dunstan
But I would like to be able to rise the cap playing in party too.

people will abuse of this
yeah you wouldn't want to be able to carry too many bloodshards. that would unbalance the entire game.
04/20/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Jeetkundo

I know that, that is why I put the penalty idea. Just to make it more graphic:

GR 10 - solo +100, party +80
GR 20 - solo +200, party +160
GR 30 - solo +300, party +240
GR 40 - solo +400, party +320
GR 50 - solo +500, party +400
GR 60 - solo +600, party +480

The penalty is big, and since is % based, it increase the higher you reach. They could add other kinds of penalties to make abuse less desired but I think this could be enough.

I want to be able to get it in party, not bcs I will get more, but bcs I want to play in party and don't want to play alone just to get a higher cap.
04/20/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Jeetkundo

How are they gonna abuse this?

And btw if you check forums, not only D3 ones, you'll always see people that reply to suggestions claiming "this will gonna be abused" without giving any explanation. In some cases Blizzard or the devs follow up on the idea and implement it anyway yet this doesn't deter these people to keep trolling the forums copy/pasting this line to every suggestion thread.
Then I would have to find players for 2 man party, 3 man, 4 man. etc

Finding players is very stressful, especially for those who play ns. This isn't a very good idea.

Simply raising the max bloodshard cap on solo is better imo.
apparently there is a way to "abuse" shard cap ....LMAO!

Finding players is very stressful, especially for those who play ns. This isn't a very good idea.

Btw there is a multiplayer buff called Strength in Numbers which among other things it also grants 10% XP/player, do you feel you HAVE to find players to level with whenever you start a new character?

Is this buff a bad idea? cause it seems that if YOU, personally, find something stressful then it must be objectively bad right?
04/21/2015 08:34 AMPosted by SteLitY

Simply raising the max bloodshard cap on solo is better imo.

I don't understand what you are talking about. This idea isn't to make people rise the cap only in party. This idea is about to be able to rise it alone or in party. There is no need of make it one way or the other.
stressful?
might see the service sellers start offering Blood Shard Cap services if it was something that could be done in party
it is a smart system. you upgrade your cap based on what YOU and YOU alone can accomplish
04/21/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Havgin
it is a smart system. you upgrade your cap based on what YOU and YOU alone can accomplish

Yes, and I can agree with that. The problem is that it makes you to play alone, and not all want that.
. I don't understand how doing something that is supposed to be a way for YOU to better YOUR character through PERSONAL achievement makes you think it should be a GROUP mode.

everyone wanted a blood shard cap increase. now you want to complain on how it is implemented
04/21/2015 09:42 AMPosted by Dunstan
04/21/2015 09:34 AMPosted by Havgin

Yes, and I can agree with that. The problem is that it makes you to play alone, and not all want that.

So what . Groups have always gotten a bonus I never did because I play solo. I did not come here and whine about it. If you want the cap raised then plat solo games as I do. I chose not to play group because I don't like it and lost the benefits now it is your turn. It is a game of choices you can't always get everything you want without making a choice.
04/21/2015 08:24 AMPosted by Iulian
How are they gonna abuse this?

04/21/2015 08:46 AMPosted by BeiJvA
apparently there is a way to "abuse" shard cap ....LMAO!

ofc it can be abused... think for a sec geez.

Although I don't like the new system because some ppl are just not able to solo 40+; the group idea is terrible.

A zdps player with no other heroes will never be able to get over 40+, he would have to set up a new build, maybe a new hero to earn the rewards. What's the point if he can just jump into a 60+ grifts and get the new cap?

Or a noob, with no paragons, no exp playing, can create a new hero and get invited to a 60+ grift and voila! 1000+ shards

Some things gotta be earned man
04/21/2015 12:39 PMPosted by ZaPLaS
Or a noob, with no paragons, no exp playing, can create a new hero and get invited to a 60+ grift and voila! 1000+ shards

and that effects you personally how?
and that he has friends that are willing to help hime so he can get a bigger shards cap and will abuse it how? say he has blood cap 9999999999 but he can't farm for any shards, so? does it make him stronger than you? didn't know shard cap was a currency.

if there are people willing to carry a complete newb into lv60 and somehow manage to pass it, then who are you to tell them how to play, who to make friend with?

a medal of honour and courage, how befitting, much pride, much logic.

think for a sec geez.
yea, you do it.
No thanks, I don't want some no skill ZDPS leecher getting an increase in blood shards because he can craft junk from the blacksmith.

RNG should be RNG.

You find gear with RNG, you get a greater rift with RNG, you get a rift boss with RNG.

RNG on top of RNG is the name of the game. No easy street for anyone.
Why not just get rid of the Grift BS cap all together?

I dont know why at Grift 42 I get the max cap of 250 BS, yet when I completed my first 50 I get the same 250 BS.........Thats piss poor.

I can speed farm Grift 42 now, yet a personal achievement of a new solo high for me yields the same amount of BS.

At least update the BS scale from 42 to 60 or get rid of the cap all together.
"If we give you more, you will ask for more"

Point proven
04/21/2015 11:52 PMPosted by Meltdown
"If we give you more, you will ask for more"

Point proven

We don't ask for more, we ask for better. But yeah i forgot this game is perfect in every way and any suggestion to change it must be violently opposed, preferably by people who don't know what the word "abuse" means.