[Bug] Sacred Harvester knife

Witch Doctor
The legendary stat is supposed to be able to stack up to 10 stacks of SH. However, each SH cast refreshes the stack counter. This makes it go against the Jade set.

Suggestion: allow the SH counter to refresh stack timer on each SH cast (even if there are no targets to SH), and allow the SH counter to accumulate to 10 or 20 stacks (similar to Taeguk and Gogok mechanics).
IMO, don't bother, its junk even for jade build.

Save the developers time to fix other bugs instead of something just for savage.
Not a bug. That's how it works. I've still had some success with it just for a pets build with 30% extra int for 60 sec. I wouldn't suggest for Jade though because of the need to recast Harvest all the time.
I don't think that's a bug, more of a feature request. SH has always been however many souls you capture in that one cast, with a maximum of 5. This just allows a maximum of 10.

Polybus, that's good to hear. I enjoyed running Soul Harvest in Vanilla as a general damage buff, maybe there's room to bring it back with its slight buff last patch.
04/30/2015 05:33 AMPosted by POLYBUS
I wouldn't suggest for Jade though because of the need to recast Harvest all the time.

The name "Sacred Harvester" makes me think it should be the most sacred weapon for the Jade Harvester set. Oh well, hope they review the list of ceremonial knives for WD.
Soul Harvest stacks in way that OP described - when you hit at least one mob with it, it adds up to 5 stacks.

When you equip Sacred Harvester, the stacks go up to ten, but something happens every once in a while and the stack randomly drops. I've had my 10 stack drop down to 2 when I clearly have the buff icon showing 10 stacks and a lot of time left.

Maybe it has something to do with Grin Reaper mimics casting the skill as well. I will do some testing.
When you harvest a second time, it adds stacks, but does not refresh existing stacks.
Suppose you harvest 8 mobs, you get that effect for 60 seconds (assuming Jade with all runes). Then 30 seconds later you try to harvest another 5 mobs, since you already have 8 stacks, you only get the bonus of 2, this lasts 60 seconds. Then 30 seconds later, the first harvest expires, you now have fewer stacks.
^

This is how I understood it. This weapon has always been odd to me.

Would be neat if the weapon would auto cast haunt, infecting all enemies within 20 yrds.
I think an auto caste haunt is too similar to autocaste locusts.

I'd rather have an all runes haunt weapon: double haunt, more damage, health & mana bost, and lingering to that they spread to the next pack easier.
10/02/2015 08:21 AMPosted by DVDMaster
When you harvest a second time, it adds stacks, but does not refresh existing stacks.
Suppose you harvest 8 mobs, you get that effect for 60 seconds (assuming Jade with all runes). Then 30 seconds later you try to harvest another 5 mobs, since you already have 8 stacks, you only get the bonus of 2, this lasts 60 seconds. Then 30 seconds later, the first harvest expires, you now have fewer stacks.

It's good to note that "you now have fewer stacks" = you have exactly 5 stacks.
How is your Harvest lasting 60 seconds? The Soul to Waste rune was changed to increase movespeed rather than increase duration.
10/03/2015 01:30 PMPosted by Danomite
How is your Harvest lasting 60 seconds? The Soul to Waste rune was changed to increase movespeed rather than increase duration.

Because kitja necro'd a thread that's been dead for five months.