Kadala finally came through...

Demon Hunter
Not sure how good it is but Kadala finally gave up her goods. Got a ancient Kindershot! I'm too nervous to touch it. Should I re roll it to damage or leave it as is. The damage seems a little low for an ancient but I'll take it considering how rare they are to get.
socket to damage.... absolutely. then add gift.
Simple solution seems to be reroll socket to 10% damage and gift it... Keep it as-is until you have a gift, though.
The question then is the obvious choice for a build going with the UE set and then using the slow ball lightning build. Are there any other good builds that use this weapon besides the UE set?
The damage actually rolled low enough that you're probably better off rolling the damage range than you are rolling 10% damage.

With a 10% damage roll it'd take you from 1476-2462 to 1623-2708. Rolling up the damage range would take you to 1700-2755 at max. The min could be a little higher, not sure exactly the top end min rolls are for bows, so I just used by followers weapon as a base.

edit: This is of course assuming maximum rolls on the damage range, but even within 50 you're still going to see a gain so it's still worth even if you don't get perfect. Considering the rarity of kridershot it's probably worth it to attempt to get it as close to max.
that damage range is super low unfortunately. You will get more damage by rolling the damage range than 10% damage.

Roll the damage range, keep the gift and hope for one that rolls better damage
http://imgur.com/pBojoH4

Range seems to be better
If I re roll damage don't I take the chance of loosing the lightning damage. It may re roll high on poison or something else. I'd have to roll quite a bit to get a high lightning one. Is the main purpose of this weapon to run the slow ball lightning build with UE?
04/17/2015 10:26 AMPosted by Oceanminded
If I re roll damage don't I take the chance of loosing the lightning damage. It may re roll high on poison or something else. I'd have to roll quite a bit to get a high lightning one. Is the main purpose of this weapon to run the slow ball lightning build with UE?

The damage type doesn't matter.
nice max disc, congrats. I wish I didn't find my ancient kridershot until after the patch.

I'd reroll to get 10% damage then gift it. UE Lightning ball build with that kind of max discipline.
04/17/2015 10:55 AMPosted by JackLondon
nice max disc, congrats. I wish I didn't find my ancient kridershot until after the patch.

I'd reroll to get 10% damage then gift it. UE Lightning ball build with that kind of max discipline.

Someone didn't look at the table above that Nately linked.

A socket rolled to 10% damage will result in a 3032 damage Kridershot.

The damage range rolled to max will result in a 3120 damage Kridershot. Ok, so you'll never get a max damage roll, but you can EASILY get 3050+.

And I am amazed the perception still exists that you want the damage type on a weapon based on your build. Except in the cases of very rare exceptions the element type doesn't matter at all.

So, don't waste a gift to get a lower damage Kridershot. Reroll the base damage range until you hit 3050+ for the weapon DPS.

Nice Kridershot by the way. Dang I've been wanting to get one of those for ages. Kind of sucks it rolled only 3 hatred regen but I'd take it. :)
You won the lottery! Considering it takes on average 15,600 gambles of 2H weapons statistically for an ancient Kridershot! That is the equivalent of 390,000 blood shards, ouch!
I gambled an ancient kridershot last night too! I was so excited that I accidentally rolled the vitality to 10% dmg instead of my socket to dmg LOL. I guess it really doesn't matter though.
04/17/2015 11:03 AMPosted by Merlin
04/17/2015 10:55 AMPosted by JackLondon

Someone didn't look at the table above that Nately linked.

A socket rolled to 10% damage will result in a 3032 damage Kridershot.

The damage range rolled to max will result in a 3120 damage Kridershot. Ok, so you'll never get a max damage roll, but you can EASILY get 3050+.

And I am amazed the perception still exists that you want the damage type on a weapon based on your build. Except in the cases of very rare exceptions the element type doesn't matter at all.

So, don't waste a gift to get a lower damage Kridershot. Reroll the base damage range until you hit 3050+ for the weapon DPS.

Nice Kridershot by the way. Dang I've been wanting to get one of those for ages. Kind of sucks it rolled only 3 hatred regen but I'd take it. :)

Oops yeah I didn't see the damage range, whatever equates to more damage, 10% or the max damage range
04/17/2015 11:47 AMPosted by Iria
You won the lottery! Considering it takes on average 15,600 gambles of 2H weapons statistically for an ancient Kridershot! That is the equivalent of 390,000 blood shards, ouch!

I feel pretty lucky then, I found mine a few days ago. Been playing dh for a few weeks now :D
STOP!!!!!!

I got a Krider similar to this before the UE and disc and whatnot... youre damage RANGE rolled really low. If you reroll the damage range to be around 1930-1940 you will be around a 3150 krider.
If you keep it as is and reroll the vitality to 10% damage, you will have around a 3k (maybe 2.9k) krider.

reroll the damage range, keep the socket thats on it and wait for a more optimized one and save yourself a gift.
Thanks for the advice. It looks like the consensus is to reroll the damage range. Considering they are so rare is this the best long term choice. I mean what if the next patch we find out that it is good to have more crit chance or something like that on the weapon. Just want to make sure I go with the safest option before I re roll anything.