Wiz slower than Monk remove cd on AW

Wizard
So since Monk is allowed to perma dash without having a cooldown he is traveling much faster than a wizard can.

Further using a 10 second in-geom appears to have the same remaining cooldown as AW does.

Can we finally get the Wand thats advertised? "Removes cooldown of teleport".
Everyone else happy with the AW wand and its stutter stepping teleport?

This topic really needs to be voiced to finally get the cooldown removed like promised.
there is a tiny cd between teleports, :( for like 1 week it was removed in PTR I thought, but its back for some reason.

also, if you teleport really fast in the same direction with wormhole, it counts as if you clicked the same spot twice, even tho you didn't move your mouse. so from this observation, i think there is actually faction of a sec between when you clicked teleport and your body actually landed at where your cursor is, so when you click really fast, your body hasn't moved and you already asked it to move there twice, and it only moves once instead....so we should rename it sonic move, not teleport, wana test it again later, or you can test it as well....
Thing is dashing strike appears to be working fine why don't they just copy paste its coding to teleport? We would get a proper working fluent teleport. Keep the graphic stuff but change teleports core functionality the way dashing strike works so you can't click too fast.
04/21/2015 08:05 AMPosted by BeiJvA
for like 1 week it was removed in PTR I thought, but its back for some reason.

And it was a glorious period.

A bunch of people were making posts thanking them for removing it, and then a bunch got really pissed when the delay was put back in.
I would really like to see it removed or at least add to the item Teleport CD lowered and locked at 0.5 seconds.

This would make me consider using this want right now its too frustrating mostly because it doesn't work as written and because there is evidence that they could fix it but choose not too.
There is no valid reason to still have a cooldown even with AW. The official reason is that you sometimes teleported more often than intended but if it has to do with holding the button down its simple players only have to adjust to click every time they want to teleport not hold unless they don't care about extra teleports.

If it has nothing to do with holding the button down then its simply a bug that needs to be fixed not bandaided.
04/21/2015 08:43 AMPosted by BDF
04/21/2015 08:05 AMPosted by BeiJvA
for like 1 week it was removed in PTR I thought, but its back for some reason.

And it was a glorious period.

A bunch of people were making posts thanking them for removing it, and then a bunch got really pissed when the delay was put back in.

^

I played with the no-cooldown version on PTR. It was so incredibly smooth. A superior gameplay experience for sure.

As an aside, another undocumented change that was reverted: armor spells had their ICD reduced in that same interrim period on PTR.
Only a handful people think this is a problem? Sad day to be a wizard.
I would say only a handful people think they have any chance to convince Blizzard.

It's obvious that this cooldown is pointless, limiting an item's potential just to protect players from their own potential misplays makes no sense.

AFAIK it's been talked about a lot during PTR and at the start of S1 but didn't make anything happen...
It is quite annoying to have all this damage on the wizard now but we can't keep up with the other classes to be able to use it lol. Removing the CD would be great or giving us a bit more run speed.
04/22/2015 09:19 AMPosted by BinaryTerror
It is quite annoying to have all this damage on the wizard now but we can't keep up with the other classes to be able to use it lol. Removing the CD would be great or giving us a bit more run speed.

Witch Doctors would have a talk with you :P
+1
I would be delighted if they removed the cooldown.

However, since we destroy monks in GRs, I'm okay with monks being a bit faster in T6.
04/22/2015 06:17 AMPosted by Lyho
I would say only a handful people think they have any chance to convince Blizzard.

Still sticking our heads in the sand is not the right way to go about it.

04/22/2015 10:08 AMPosted by vishnu
However, since we destroy monks in GRs, I'm okay with monks being a bit faster in T6.

Monk's dash deals 12.500% weapon dmg so even without teleport cooldown we would be slower in terms of killspeed but atleast on par regarding movement speed.
04/22/2015 10:13 AMPosted by Plagueis
04/22/2015 10:08 AMPosted by vishnu

Monk's dash deals 12.500% weapon dmg so even without teleport cooldown we would be slower in terms of killspeed but atleast on par regarding movement speed.

No, we wouldn't. Make it a million % weapon damage for all that it matters, once you have sufficient gear everything just instantly melts in T6, and our spells can hit a much larger area than dashing strike can.

Monk's superior mobility is why they're better in T6, period.
The cooldown on AW was introduced because people due to holding the button for less than a second made them teleport twice and spend more AP than intended and end up in a different location than intended. This can still happen with wormhole and if u are using this rune u might notice that too sometimes

I bet its easy to remove it since it was like that at some point but i dont think they will do it and honestly I dont really care.

The way i see it there are 2 things that can happen:
1. remove cooldown and run next to monks while they kill basically everything with their 12500% wd dash
2. leave it as it is and run behind monks when they kill everything

There is basically no or maybe very little difference in solo farming since calamity is not enough to 1-shot everything so we still need to cast some spells which we can do in this <1 sec teleport cd.

You can still use in-geom in groups with some cdr to have 0 cd on teleport and have basically the same mobility as monks and you will still see that monks just carry you anyway since their dmg/mobility ratio is higher.

I d rather they changed more important stuff regarding sets, spell mechanics etc that have an effect in GR rifts and build diversity than gain a few seconds in speed farming.
04/22/2015 11:02 AMPosted by vishnu
No, we wouldn't. Make it a million % weapon damage for all that it matters, once you have sufficient gear everything just instantly melts in T6, and our spells can hit a much larger area than dashing strike can.

Monk's superior mobility is why they're better in T6, period.

Just no.

04/22/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Enferian
I d rather they changed more important stuff regarding sets, spell mechanics etc that have an effect in GR rifts and build diversity than gain a few seconds in speed farming.

Ever tried to skip elite packs in a GR without calamity? Because of the cooldown its pretty much impossible.

There is basically no or maybe very little difference in solo farming since calamity is not enough to 1-shot everything so we still need to cast some spells which we can do in this <1 sec teleport cd.

If you run PE+Toxic+frozen storm trash dies just by teleporting through them and the time between elite packs is longer with that cooldown.

The cooldown on AW was introduced because people due to holding the button for less than a second made them teleport twice and spend more AP than intended and end up in a different location than intended.

So fix that bug and remove cooldown on AW. Its illogical to bandaid a bug instead of fixing it.

You can still use in-geom in groups with some cdr to have 0 cd on teleport and have basically the same mobility as monks and you will still see that monks just carry you anyway since their dmg/mobility ratio is higher.

Again this is not about killspeed its about mobility and AW's cooldown makes it really stutter stepping unenjoyable. Also you can't get it to 0cd even with in-geom you pretty much reach the same cooldown AW has atm so if you come accross a well rolled in-geom its actually superior to AW since it can reach the same cooldown without the arcane power costs.
04/22/2015 11:27 AMPosted by Plagueis
Ever tried to skip elite packs in a GR without calamity? Because of the cooldown its pretty much impossible.

I tried once.. by accident :P
I always use calamity in GR but since i havent seen any build that uses AW in high GR rifts other than some melee builds i rarelly use AW in high GR. I use it mostly for speed T6 or 40-42 runs and I dont want to skip elites in these cases.

The thing is that personaly I dont mind it that much although id prefer not to have the cooldown.

As I said i d rather they devote time fixing more important things than that, like for example improving some skills ands itmes and giving us more competitive build options that hydra doing most of the dmg for us.