Tal Rasha, Dynamo, F/R and Snapshotting

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Highly entertaining post quickly ruined by uptight trolls.
Understood.
Can I get a TL:DR of this thread?

My eyes just glaze over at the walls of text
Sure thing, always there to help.

Jaetch: Tal Rasha blabla sometingsomething hydra
Trolls: blabla
Jaetch: funny comment
Trolls: blabla
04/21/2015 04:11 PMPosted by Saoshyant
Your tone though, you seem pretty impatient with the community. Feels like recently you've been less interested in helping people then putting them in their place.

i like his tone. and all the rest. good post, perfect tone. 10/10. thanks jaetch. :-)
No comment on DMO slow time bubble with tal's? Hmm
Instructions unclear, snapshot stuck in fan. Request assistance.
04/23/2015 05:42 AMPosted by BDF

At first it looked like Jaetch was trying to be helpful, but then he didn't even acknowledge EmperorMao's completely valid follow up question. So I'm not sure about his intentions anymore.
04/23/2015 02:15 PMPosted by apo

At first it looked like Jaetch was trying to be helpful, but then he didn't even acknowledge EmperorMao's completely valid follow up question. So I'm not sure about his intentions anymore.

My intentions?
04/21/2015 09:07 AMPosted by Pallis
04/21/2015 09:05 AMPosted by HosiosLoukas
Can I answer all emerald vs. ruby questions?

As long as it doesn't piss off Jaetch, sure :)

Resigned.

Not pissed.

End of an era.

It's OVER!
04/23/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Jaetch
It's OVER!

Keep dreaming. We all know this will never be over.
It's over.

You understand?

Sure:
04/22/2015 08:58 AMPosted by Garyas
04/22/2015 08:49 AMPosted by Jaetch
Others, well, probably didn't notice I was out of character. Almost on par with this one time in 2013 when I made a joke on the forum and 90% of people thought I was being serious.

TL;DR: Jaetch never is serious.

Did I get this correctly? ;)
04/23/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Jaetch
It's OVER!

Does the "OVER" snapshot?
So if I drop blizzard at the 3rd TR stack with no dynamo, then hydra for the 4th stack...

Can I then dynamo blizzard the SAME mobs to refreash the DoT with 4th TR and dynamo updated dmg? Or do I have to wait for the first bliz to wear off before I can give them another, more powerful dose?

thank you and sorry if you already answered this. i didn't check.

Look for the green, green is good, like emeralds are! Or not?

Hilarious topic and the best thing is also very useful. Also, I understand ;)
How viable is Gem of Ease in greater rifts? I'm running with a marquise Ruby but party members tell me to change it.
04/22/2015 06:22 AMPosted by Spektr
Okay so with skill he found gear by investing TONS of time grinding out a 939 Paragon Levels... with skill he used someone else's already Famous Flames-Blades+Double Mammoth build from season 2 (which he didn't participate in)

With skill he has a bunch of his friends who also spent ungodly amounts of time playing a non-skill game in order to earn the best gear, while using builds other people have already made, allow him to pretty much stand there and wail on targets that generally don't attack back.

Or how about using skill to spend an ungodly amount of hours in single player mode waiting for the stars to align as you fish for just the right Grift so that you can use someone elses pre-constructed build again to eventually get lucky and complete it?

What a joke dude. You have got to play a game like Chess... or Counter-Strike, or Starcraft, or 90% of the games out there so that you can learn the difference between a role-playing game and an ACTUAL skill-game.
04/22/2015 10:05 AMPosted by Boozor
Notice how "skill" is a small part of the overall picture of things that you need to be successful.
+1
Bang on.

There are many "skills" people possess in this game that help them succeed. Just think about the little things.
Yes. Quite little.

You can even argue that Jaetch, leaving rifts 30 seconds into the rifts is a "skill". This allots the most time, effectively towards completable rifts. Also preserves his "will" to continue playing.
Champion-level skill. Hahahahaha.

Listen.. lets just end this debate by asking Jaetch himself on what he thinks about whether or not there's a point to even trying to get better via things you can control versus the need to just spend a crap-load of TIME to eventually win that lottery-ticket circumstance.

I wonder what would happen if someone were to ask him advice on getting better --VIA THINGS YOU CAN CONTROL-- and not just the skill-less time investment. How would he respond???

08/28/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Jaetch
08/28/2014 12:46 PMPosted by Kobalt
I am looking for advice on things I can control not things that rely purely on RNG to better my character.

This game is all about RNG. It's a slot machine game.

How do you get better? Fix XYZ slots on your character. How do you go about doing that? Acquiring better or alternate versions of gear. How to acquire such gear?

RNG.

Looting what you kill. RNG.

Gambling from Kadala. RNG.

Crafting at the blacksmith. RNG.

Fixing rolls through enchanting. RNG.

Dedicate more time to acquire more lottery tickets to earn more chances to win to speed up the acquisition of more lottery tickets so you can repeat the process again.

It's not like I get to play much nowadays either. Probably two hours a day on average, though with 2.1 here I'm trying to squeeze in more time whenever I can. If someone comes along and tells me I need to get better legendary gems, well... yeah, I can tackle that, but that's still going to be RNG at some point when your chances to upgrade is

08/28/2014 12:57 PMPosted by Jaetch
100%.

RNG. Gotta deal with it.

Need a build without RoRG? There are SO MANY builds out there that don't use RoRG.

Run 4-piece Vyr's and two Born pieces for low CD Archon. Done.

Run 6-piece Firebird. Done.

RNG your way (yeah, that's right) to a Wand of Woh and run Crimson and Aughild without RoRG. Yes, people do that and it works.

Run Star Pact with just basic crafted sets.

Run 4-piece Tal's without RoRG and focus on one spender and some supplementary damage. Easy, maybe not T6 ready, but if you're starved for time and dedication to gear your character, you're in absolutely no position to complain about it.

Time, effort and luck. Don't have the necessary pieces? Start low, aim high and put in the time.

As they say in Starcraft, a skill-game. GG (good game).
Does Gem of Efficacious Toxin benefit from Tal rasha 6 piece bonus?