Tal Rasha, Dynamo, F/R and Snapshotting

Wizard
Prev 1 3 4 5
-=I Was Playing JKA Last Night When...=-

I was about to start dueling someone for the night. In fact I was refreshed and ready for a good training session. Lately I've felt in need of some aerial intercept work especially, and I know it'll take at least a few hundred duels to master a new momentum shift which will allow me to direct my aerial launches without having to undo my own initial attack to do so. But it's okay because I've got about 5 hours I can burn right now on this one small part of the swordplay aspect of dueling.
We were about to start up when the administrator came running out from the bar, arms flailing.

WAIT!! WAAAAaaait... meow there's certain protocol around here... Gentlemen I'll need your Sabers."

*sigh*
*hands them over*

Okay, meow we'll be hiding these things in one of the Stormtroopers which I'm going to plant all around.

( "*PPST* dude, crap I think this is a bad server for dueling, I think these guys are way into roleplay, etc." )

As you can see there are now quite literally millions of them that I have planted around. Don't worry though, the odds of you finding yours are increased and decreased in all sorts of ways as per the -data- which you can see we have painstakingly collected, dissected, verified... you will need to study this data and know it like the back of your hand.

"Man.. we just want to duel comon.. I've got a lot of training to do if I want to beat my rival because his swordplay has seriously reached new levels lately."

Before you can begin dueling you will need permission to use your Force Powers.

"...o gawd. ok sure buddy lawl... and who gives us permission to use our abilities and how do we earn said permission?"

As you can see I have scattered all sorts of decoy Lightsabers which you must gather up and bring over to the smelt.. and for every 20 that you process you will be granted one chance at the intercom. You go up to the intercom by that window, press the button and say, "Can I use my Force Powers now?" for which you will almost always provoke a:

"No."

But statistically speaking you will eventually hear a 'yes' and so dueling may commence as usual.
Keep in mind that should you earn a duel, you will have to beware of the ground because it vanishes more often than not.. ya there's not a whole lot you can do when that happens, you'd just better hope that next time it doesn't happen.

"What the hell man? Dude I've got to do like a hundred duels before I get my new technique squared-away and you're making it seem like I'm only going to be doing one duel every few hours with the amount of busy-work you'd have me doing in the background."

Erm.. did you say "new technique", I'm sorry but that's not exaclty going to work around here. We've made it so that all but one technique is effective. But even then we got sick of dying so when we use it we don't allow the enemies to attack back. Skill is measured by your ability to maneuver through these rules, and it's not like it doesn't tire us out having to live our lives this way.. we've earned those spots on our leaderboards!

**more to come???**
How do I equip a snapshotted Tal Rasha on my barb?

EDIT
forgot to metion it's female non-seasonal set
is there anything other than dynamo and spark that does snapshot for a wizard?

also, i know there was some controversy over TR being switched to additive instead of multiplicative on the PTR, but I'm curious about something: does the TR additive damage also contribute additively to other % damage increases?

I.e. if you have +10% damage on your weapon, +15% damage to blizzard, +20% damage to cold, +20% damage from elemental exposure, +10% damage from cold blooded, +10% damage from toxins, and +600% damage for TR6, and then you cast blizzard (with a cold rune), does it do:

+685% damage?
+(1.1x1.15x1.2x1.2x1.1x1.1x7) damage?
something else?

Same question for DMO6, actually...
Tal's is additive with itself and multiplicative with everything else.

DMO6 is multiplicative with everything else.

06/17/2015 06:54 AMPosted by normalice
+10% damage on your weapon

Not sure what you mean by this. Magic Weapon is additive with most other buffs/debuffs (the category below). If instead you mean a 10% damage roll on your weapon, it's multiplicative with your weapon damage roll but not with the damage range on your source so it's not a full multiplicative damage buff (although I suppose it is if you are using a 2-hander). But it shows in your unbuffed sheet DPS, so that's neither here nor there.

+15% damage to blizzard, 20% damage from elemental exposure, +10% damage from cold blooded, +10% damage from toxins,

These are additive with each other (and most other buffs/debuffs), and multiplicative with everything else. Skill bonus (blizzard % etc.) falls into this pool for all skills except hydra AFAIK. Hydra % is its own separate multiplier.

06/17/2015 06:54 AMPosted by normalice
20% damage to cold

This is additive with other sources of cold% on gear. Also additive with Enforcer gem. And Black Hole: Absolute Zero. Multiplicative with everything else.

For your example, you would do:

(1 + 0.15 + 0.2 + 0.1 + 0.1) * (1 + 0.2) * (1 + 6) = 13.02x damage with Blizzard (+1202% damage) while EE, Cold Blooded, and Toxin are active at 4 TR stacks.
Thank you Jaetch! I read your TR101 guide a few weeks ago and it rekindled my interest in Wiz, so picked it up for first time since Vanilla. Anyhow, I am still learning how to play the build correctly- toasting T6, getting toasted in GR40, etc. (need halo)- this post really helps me know what to focus on.

PS- I like the "tone" of your post; I need answers not stroking. It's also nice to see the old
Wizards banter with you and others is still alive and well.

Ciao for now.
Heraken
BoG
+15% damage to blizzard, 20% damage from elemental exposure, +10% damage from cold blooded, +10% damage from toxins,

These are additive with each other (and most other buffs/debuffs), and multiplicative with everything else. Skill bonus (blizzard % etc.) falls into this pool for all skills except hydra AFAIK. Hydra % is its own separate multiplier.

Mmm wish a few of these were multiplicative. Particularly the party buff ones.
So what do you guys think, should female wizard get more ring slots? After a furious discussion and many ideas (5 feet rings etc.) I made this little preview:
http://postimg.org/image/h8nlpq303/
Something seems to snapshot dmg to death watch mantle on occasion. Seems to be fire related.