Hotfix'ed version of Blood Thief bad for groups

General Discussion
Apparently Blizz changed it so in order to get blood shards from a blood thief you must be on the same map level when it is killed or you get no reward. Before the hotfix if someone killed a blood thief on a different map you could teleport to that player and get the blood shards but this is no longer the case. This is rather inconvenient for groups and people like me who strictly play 4 mans only.

For example if you are sitting in town or doing split bounties and someone doing a bounty on a different map/zone kills the blood thief you are out of luck because you were not in the same zone.

I haven't tested a rift but im pretty sure if someone kills a blood gob on a different level and you are in town or not on that level because the barb/Rainment 6 monk ran too far ahead and you couldn't keep up, you are screwed.

Great job guys, its like disarming a law abiding people and the bad guys still able to get the guns. Exploiters exploit, dont punish the honest players with this inconvenience.
better than having cheaters be cheatin :D well all you have to do is hope the other player calls out that there is a blood thief and asks all members to tp.
Ban the top players who did this, Blizzard had no problem banning every single one of the players in the top wow guilds when they screwed up with LFR and allowed it to be exploited, for repeated drops. Same concept here. GG.
04/16/2015 09:35 PMPosted by HokGnav
Apparently Blizz changed it so in order to get blood shards from a blood thief you must be on the same map level when it is killed or you get no reward.

Well, if you are on a different map than the other players in your game, I guess you're not really a "group," just a bunch of solo players in the same game instance.

So, figure out how to play as a member of team, huh?

You and the guys ahead of or behind you.

Maybe learn how to communicate and cooperate a little bit, huh?

So I think what you mean is that the hotfixed version of the Blood Thief is good for groups!

Steve Austin
Play with people that aren't dicks and will say "Hey, there's a blood thief here."
What a hypocrite, like you've never done a split bounty in your life and btw split bounties is a team effort.
What a hypocrite, like you've never done a split bounty in your life...

Sure, everyone has.

But the target is the Cache. If a player running a split bounty finds a special goblin (I don't think regular treasure goblins are worth the interruption), and does not call it out and wait for the other players to port over, and goes ahead and kills it alone, then the answer is to not play with the prick again, not to change the game to accommodate him.
D3 is at its core, an online single player game. Anything that has to do with group play/leaderboard is a joke.
04/16/2015 09:56 PMPosted by HokGnav
What a hypocrite, like you've never done a split bounty in your life and btw split bounties is a team effort.

I can honestly say I have never played a split bounty game. That said I reallt do not see what the problem is. I view it as killing two birds with one stone.
Either you are lying out your a$$ or only play solo all day long. Everyone agrees splits are the only efficient way to farm rorg/caches. But after seeing your profile it makes sense for someone who only plays D3 once in a blue moon to never have ran splits. 99% of your time seems to be spent in forums trolling after seeing your post # to paragon level ratio.
So that's how they fixed it....

I imagine this way is easier to implement than just have blood gobs drop the normal amount of shards regardless of where you are when it is killed. The latter has too much coding for blizzard.
04/16/2015 10:17 PMPosted by HokGnav
Either you are lying out your a$$ or only play solo all day long. Everyone agrees splits are the only efficient way to farm rorg/caches. But after seeing your profile it makes sense for someone who only plays D3 once in a blue moon to never have ran splits. 99% of your time seems to be spent in forums trolling after seeing your post # to paragon level ratio.

Oh, if you see a DeadRu post just walk on bye... it's not worth it.

LOL the old all you have is insults line. Not lying at all. I also play WoW and another game. However When I play d3 I don't look for gimmies and to be carried. I play the same d3 you play I see the same bounties, rifts, gr's and trials ect and am subject to the same rules and drops as you are. I farm my rorg's one at a time and I farm them solo.

So insult me all you want I earned what I got on my own. If you want to compare that to you running split bounties, most likely exploited rift it forward and in general getting carried by others that is your choice. Really matters little to me. what you think.

However I am not the one that comes whining to the forums about the game. yes we play the same game but I face all of it alone while you ride the backs of groups. That said I may never see a really high Gr but never the less I will have earned what I get and enjoyed doing so.
04/16/2015 11:06 PMPosted by ElPsyKura

Oh, if you see a DeadRu post just walk on bye... it's not worth it.

Yes you would have to pull your head out of the sand and deal with facts otherwise.
Apparently Blizz changed it so in order to get blood shards from a blood thief you must be on the same map level when it is killed or you get no reward. Before the hotfix if someone killed a blood thief on a different map you could teleport to that player and get the blood shards but this is no longer the case. This is rather inconvenient for groups and people like me who strictly play 4 mans only.

I would not call this bad for groups. I would call it denying freebies for groups.
04/17/2015 02:02 AMPosted by Dallas1PM

I would not call this bad for groups. I would call it denying freebies for groups.

Like I stated they killed two birds with one stone. I hope this guy takes time to thank the shard exploiters for the most recent change after all it is their gift to the game.

The people wonder why we have Boa, restricted trade and such in the game. Blizzard should have left the cap on Blood shards to begin with. They removed it and this is the than you they got, another exploit.
Well as mentioned , me being a solo player I can't express my happiness enough over this. So thank you blood shard exploiters. My only hope is you are not around to get the thank you.
Public games will be "fun" now, first who gets the goblin and kills it (one, two shots), gets the shards.

Basically giving middle finger for rest of the players.
Nice ruse blizz
Great job guys, its like disarming a law abiding people and the bad guys still able to get the guns. Exploiters exploit, dont punish the honest players with this inconvenience.

This is nothing new though. They did exactly the same in D2. Switching characters too quickly, joining or creating too many games in a short amount of time, or just moving around the game menu too quickly would result in a temporary ban from the server. It generally only lasted 5-10 minutes, but trying to log on before the ban was up, and the time could get extended. And if you kept trying to log on eventually you'd be locked out upwards of 40+ hours. It was their plan for slowing down botters.

Well big surprise the botters circumvented this easily by making the bots runs take longer time, by farming more areas/bosses. While the legitimate players trying to speed run chaos sanctuary for instance risked getting temp banned.

Even worse was if you tried to move items from main character to mule in a perm game, and you ended up temp banned and lost all the stuff. At least their exploit/cheat/bot prevention has imporoved a bit since then.
It should be this way for everything. Split farming circumvents the whole point of having a group. They would need to add more torment difficulties.