Hotfix'ed version of Blood Thief bad for groups

General Discussion
If this is true its just another way some Raekor players will run away from the group and screw over whomever he can. Just another flaw in the game that Blizzard makes so some people troll more because they can.

Next you will have to be there when the RG gets killed to get anything. That will make the run away, group solo jerks happy. Then Closing wouldnt make a difference anyway, right?
04/16/2015 09:46 PMPosted by Azure
better than having cheaters be cheatin :D well all you have to do is hope the other player calls out that there is a blood thief and asks all members to tp.

Surely they could just make it so you don't get loot when in a rift while one is killed?
04/17/2015 03:24 AMPosted by Khronics
04/16/2015 09:46 PMPosted by Azure
better than having cheaters be cheatin :D well all you have to do is hope the other player calls out that there is a blood thief and asks all members to tp.

Surely they could just make it so you don't get loot when in a rift while one is killed?

Would be obvious, but not for devs. Now, they "overfix" it.
2 much work, it needs to be a band aid fix AND it has to hurt the honest people!
lol the sweet tears of the leeching whiners what a joy.

Now they need to focus on rushing.
04/17/2015 03:41 AMPosted by Redskullz
2 much work, it needs to be a band aid fix AND it has to hurt the honest people!

The fix for split bounties was long overdue to begin with. They need to extend this to all items in Split bounties.
Some of you has never clearly done split bounties before. I usually play with music and sometimes I simply can't hear the goblins when they are nearby, and sometimes is just too late to call your group.

Sad you're here on Bliz side when they could have just fixed the problem without screwing legit players... like they always do. I wish I used this exploit as well since being a legit player doesn't exclude you from being trated like garbage on Bliz eyes.
Have or haven't done split bounties is beside the point. Group benefits should only accrue to players playing as a group. Duh.
i had dozen of times situations when i teleported to town in rift 'to sell' while group found blood goblin and killed him. SO means now i will not get any shards when i back to the rest of group??
Wow, thats so dumb.
Not the finest fix, but it works. So no more free shards, unless you decide to afk on the map itself.
04/17/2015 04:44 AMPosted by DeadRu
The fix for split bounties was long overdue to begin with. They need to extend this to all items in Split bounties.
you have a source for this that Blizz was going to fix this or saw it as a problem?
Did you want a partial fix now, or a better fix later?

Of course what everyone wants is the perfect fix yesterday, but that's generally not possible.

And the kicker is that you can have both the partial fix now, and the better fix later.
Sometimes you're salving rare items and legendaries and a goblin dies on rift/bounty.

If you're half geared on t6 public games, usually people kill a couple elites before you return to the group.
guys guys, settle down. it could be worse. They could have just deactivated blood thieves all together like they did on console until next patch.
actually did this today...
was split farming keys
i ran dh with ms, and since everything in t6 is a pushover, the gob died before i could do anything :/
Let's all thank Mannercookie for this.

Good job, !@#$%^- !!!!
04/17/2015 05:40 AMPosted by DashLektrik
Of course what everyone wants is the perfect fix yesterday, but that's generally not possible.
They knew about this on PTR. A fix yesterday should have happened.
04/17/2015 03:03 AMPosted by Zymurgeist
It should be this way for everything. Split farming circumvents the whole point of having a group. They would need to add more torment difficulties.

I never understood the point of splitting up bounty's when you are grouped with others. The point is to adventure with other people beside you right?
04/17/2015 08:14 AMPosted by BurningRope
Let's all thank Mannercookie for this.
Lots of people blame him for removal of Mortick's, as well.
Just saying... maybe it's a blessing.

If anything, this shows that PTR testing / feedback is useless, unless you somehow demonstrate that something is "broken". The Blood Thief goblin exploit was reported on PTR, but kept quiet by streamers.

Streamers did, however, clear a bunch of high GRifts using "known" things (such as Mortick's).

Result? Shard exploit didn't get taken care of, Mortick's got removed. It shows that if you stream it for visibility, Blizzard takes notice. If you provide feedback on the forums, Blizzard doesn't (unless there's a billion topics on it).