No single target damage.

Barbarian
The title says it all, all our current sets have an extreme design flaw of not having any real single target damage which is beyond annoying.

Its about time they gave us a set that has single target damage comparable to other damage classes in the game. I would gladly use a set that had less AoE potential if it meant it actually could do meaningful single target damage on Greater Rift Guardians.
Imagine FC from last patch. The current WW builds are FAR more enjoyable than the extreme fishing FC builds.
I agree with Cloud9, the single target damage is much higher now than it used to be in previous seasons.

My guess is that they will address this next patch even further by changing the IK set to synergize better with HOTA.
Yes the WW builds are better then Raekor FC builds when it comes to Single target damage but not by much. I want a legit set/build with reasonable survivability that can bust out billion + crits single target damage, basically similar to every other damage spec in the game.

I am sick of our sets making us thrash !@#$%es, having no group utility and being a complete burden when it comes to killing rift guardians. I gear and progress my barb not to smack around white mobs but to eventually get to the point where I can feel powerful against the bosses (ie Rift Guardians). Its a complete slap in the face getting up to the rift guardian only to have to concede the rift cause you simply do not have the single target damage.

There is an inherit and extreme balance issue with the damage balancing of the class. If my damage is high enough to get me to the rift guardian in a reasonable time then it needs to be balanced to the point that we can kill the rift guardian if we play smart, avoid attacks and never die ONCE.

I mean seriously having 4-5 minutes left to a kill a rift guardian and not being able to do so even if I completely play smart and avoid lethal boss mechanics and never die is just an extreme flaw with the class that has been existant for way too long now.
I agree with cloud too. I'm loving the new WW and single target is way better than FC. I did a 52 first try solo.
The single target dmg is better than it used to be but it's still absolute garbage compared to any other class in the game (if you have other characters in similar gear quality, it's super obvious). I wish I could play my barbarian with my friends when doing greater rifts but he's too big of a liability for rift guardians and elites, we couldn't push as high for certain.
If the real 2.2 PTR went live, we would of had single target dps with IK 500% and Mortik's bracers.
IK 500% on the PTR was beautiful.

: * (
Yes its really stupid that IK is basically a support set you use with WoTW to run 6/4 just to run a variation WW spec. They could of made IK a legit CoTA/Seismic slam build for decent Single Target build/set/
I wonder if Frenzy with the Frenzy belt instead of Rend would help? I hardly ever use Rend anyway and found Frenzy to be pretty good with Raekors. Problem is i don't want to lose my perma Cota, lol.
The prob with using a single target primary is you have to stop spinning. Spinning means living. Even hitting rend makes you stop for a split second, and bamm you are dead. I agree, bring back cota 500%.
04/28/2015 01:25 PMPosted by Det0x
Its not _that_ bad actually.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084928946?page=11#215

Jesus Christ guys, HE DID 1.28B DPS FOR 4 MINUTES STRAIGHT! Our std is lightyears better than it was just a few weeks ago. Is it ideal? No, of course not, but we're in a better place than many classes these days.
So some people fail to understand simple game mechanics. That video of that barb soloing ghom with a posion immunity amulet is laugable because he basically was able to negate that entire fight with said amulet. If he didnt have that poison immunity and had to kite the boss which you normally would do his damage as a barb would of been even worse then what was displayed in that video

Any other class with comparable gear ie 99 percent ancient gear and given the same amulet would of killed that boss a billion times faster then that barb did. I also bet that if the barb didn't have that poison immunity he would of failed the rift which is a big problem warriors have.

I hate when people post stupid videos like that thay completely skew the reality of how the class plays and shows an extreme bias. Ghom is one the easier rift guardians and being immune to poison makes the fight basically a free rift cause you can completely negate the entire boss mechanics

It also if anything still proves our single target is shot cause even with all that cheese he still killed that boss something like 2 or 3 times slower then any other class would of.

It's sad cause the only way barbs can truly compete is by cheesing mechanics where other classes can legitimately clear rift guardians even whilst dealing with boss mechanics and damage
Lel
04/28/2015 01:25 PMPosted by Det0x
Its not _that_ bad actually.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/17084928946?page=11#215

For WotW, maybe. For any other build? It sucks. GoJ's current design in comparison to Nilfur's boast and Drakon's Lesson is laughable. Give it the second part of the affix (+150-200% damage to HotA if it hits 3 or less enemies) and we might actually see a decent alternative for IK and Raekor in terms of weapons and single target damage.
Nats can do way over 6bill dps on rg..
04/28/2015 11:07 PMPosted by Incognito
So some people fail to understand simple game mechanics. That video of that barb soloing ghom with a posion immunity amulet is laugable because he basically was able to negate that entire fight with said amulet. If he didnt have that poison immunity and had to kite the boss which you normally would do his damage as a barb would of been even worse then what was displayed in that video

Any other class with comparable gear ie 99 percent ancient gear and given the same amulet would of killed that boss a billion times faster then that barb did. I also bet that if the barb didn't have that poison immunity he would of failed the rift which is a big problem warriors have.

I hate when people post stupid videos like that thay completely skew the reality of how the class plays and shows an extreme bias. Ghom is one the easier rift guardians and being immune to poison makes the fight basically a free rift cause you can completely negate the entire boss mechanics

It also if anything still proves our single target is shot cause even with all that cheese he still killed that boss something like 2 or 3 times slower then any other class would of.

It's sad cause the only way barbs can truly compete is by cheesing mechanics where other classes can legitimately clear rift guardians even whilst dealing with boss mechanics and damage

You do realize that Maras Amulet is BiS for barb at high Grift right? He did everything correct. You are doing it wrong.
So you need better gear to do more damage ?? How unfair.. especially since this is a gear driven game.

You do know that all higher greater-rifts clears are cherry-picked/fishing expeditions Incognito ?

I would suggest getting atleast 100k elite kills, before you start commenting on the class balance :)