Something has to be done about arcane dust!

Items and Crafting
04/26/2015 11:27 AMPosted by Paz
I spent maybe an hour and a half doing T6 rifts today, and I'm back up to 700.

Uh huh.
04/27/2015 09:27 AMPosted by Neo
Either reduce the cost, make the greater rift guardians drop a bunch, make Kadala give more blues rather than 90% yellows. Any simple change could fix it.

I can think of a few more ways as well. Having the vendors sell mats or allowing items purchased to be salvaged would help. Bringing back the auction house (I know I said a bad word) to be able to purchase/trade for mats and other things for in game gold only. I think doing either one of those things would also help another problem as well by giving the millions/billions of gold another purpose. Hell blizzard could even be the one selling the mats in the AH so as to get rid of some of the gold in the game although at that point it would be the same as the vendors just selling it.
The whole problem is
1) rerolling to perfect rolls
2) crafting ancient weapons/armor with desired stats

Both of these require GAZILLIONS of Arcane Dust
I just paid attention to how many total arcane dusts I got from my last T6 speed run. I opened every chest that I came across and this counts both the dusts that were picked from the ground as well as the ones from disenchanted items.

Arcane dusts total: 9

NINE arcane dusts off T6 rift clear! Sure I might have gotten unlucky (often times I'll get around 12-20) but the people saying that they get 200 or something off a rift are way off with their numbers. Unless you mean that you clear the rift in a few minutes and then spend 10-15 minutes walking around everywhere searching for chests after the rift is done with.

Second rift, 12 Arcane Dusts (I found many chests and bodies!), 6 Forgotten Souls.

The big problem with this is when you play end game content, nothing gives you arcane dusts anymore really. All you get are Forgotten Souls and tons of Veiled Crystals (partly due to Kadala) along with a lot of Gold. Arcane Dusts are also needed to reroll stats but they just stop dropping (or you get so little off the RG, it hardly matters).
04/27/2015 12:47 PMPosted by Neo
The big problem with this is when you play end game content, nothing gives you arcane dusts anymore really. All you get are Forgotten Souls and tons of Veiled Crystals (partly due to Kadala) along with a lot of Gold. Arcane Dusts are also needed to reroll stats but they just stop dropping (or you get so little off the RG, it hardly matters).

Totally agree. The situation could be improved by having more blues drop in T6. By the time you get to T6 you no longer use rare items and we certainly don't have a problem getting enough veiled crystals now.
04/27/2015 08:26 AMPosted by evok
04/27/2015 07:38 AMPosted by Haboob
I dunno, I find getting blues and dust fairly easy. Then again, I open every chest, turn over every body, and inspect every weapon rack. Get's me a lot of reusable parts as well.

Not to mention the Rift Guardians drop the mats every time.

Can probably get 200 or so dust from pick-ups and melting per rift. Though, I only use them for enchanting, but they tend to go pretty quickly.

Yes we all do this. Looking at your profile shows you are just getting to where you need these things to progress. Once again people if you are not crafting or upgrading things you will have no shortage of these items. You have no idea why people are upset about this so please stop cluttering up these threads.

This is a catch up issue. The 72 AC cost for bracers has been there since the release of ROS and many things in the game have changed since then, maybe most importantly the addition of ancient items. It is very typical for this dev crew to make changes and then make adjustments to the problems these changes cause after the fact. We have seen that with the exploits etc.

Another huge factor in this is the addition of seasons. Sure I have tons of Arcane Dust on my non season chars, it's when you're building them up that you need this stuff. None of this was in the game when the initial crafting costs were established so now it is time to make adjustments. They either need to increase the drop rate or lower the costs significantly.

Stop cluttering up the threads? Please. Y'all are complaining about something that's not too difficult to get.

Sure, I'm not crafting much at the moment as I'm finally getting my seasonal up to par, but I don't find the arcane dust as rare as some of you are making it out to be.
04/28/2015 07:13 AMPosted by Haboob
Sure, I'm not crafting much at the moment as I'm finally getting my seasonal up to par, but I don't find the arcane dust as rare as some of you are making it out to be.

You still don't get it do you? You're not crafting much that's why you don't find arcane dust rare. There is a cause and effect working here. Craft your self some ancient bracers that have good stats and then come back and tell us how AC isn't rare. In fact after looking at your profile you've barely gotten started on your seasonal char. You don't even have sockets on 2 of your pieces of jewelry. Your opinion is uninformed at this time.
BALANCE BY BLIZZARD (c)
GG
http://savepic.ru/6994948.jpg
Arcane dusts either has to be more common or the cost has to be toned down (and quite possibly removed entirely from legendary item rerolls). I have over 500 forgotten souls, thousands of veiled crystals, over 4 billion gold but I can't keep on rerolling or fixing some items because I run out of arcane dusts too fast.

We agree that the general shortage of Magic crafting materials (like Arcane Dust) is an issue for some players, and we’re actively working on it. We’re currently exploring a few different options on how best to improve that aspect of crafting, but we haven’t settled on one particular solution yet. There are a lot of great ideas in this thread (in addition to all of the helpful feedback) that we can keep in mind, though. Thank you all for posting, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on any specific changes coming down the pipeline.
05/13/2015 03:06 PMPosted by Grimiku
Arcane dusts either has to be more common or the cost has to be toned down (and quite possibly removed entirely from legendary item rerolls). I have over 500 forgotten souls, thousands of veiled crystals, over 4 billion gold but I can't keep on rerolling or fixing some items because I run out of arcane dusts too fast.

We agree that the general shortage of Magic crafting materials (like Arcane Dust) is an issue for some players, and we’re actively working on it. We’re currently exploring a few different options on how best to improve that aspect of crafting, but we haven’t settled on one particular solution yet. There are a lot of great ideas in this thread (in addition to all of the helpful feedback) that we can keep in mind, though. Thank you all for posting, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated on any specific changes coming down the pipeline.

Great news. Thanks.

its simple. raise the arcane dust rate from Rgs to 30 per. thats a fine amount. kill 10 rgs= 300 dust there u go. people can clear T6s within 2-3 mins and they'd be comfortable with that amount. at the moment Rgs only drop like 4-8 dust.
Have Kadala give arcane blue items rather than yellow.
Lowing the cost for everything would be ideal plus giving us alot more for salv a blue item. I mean it takes 70 to make 1 bracer. That is terrible lol.
05/13/2015 03:25 PMPosted by Casually

its simple. raise the arcane dust rate from Rgs to 30 per. thats a fine amount. kill 10 rgs= 300 dust there u go. people can clear T6s within 2-3 mins and they'd be comfortable with that amount. at the moment Rgs only drop like 4-8 dust.

05/13/2015 03:29 PMPosted by Fragbait
Have Kadala give arcane blue items rather than yellow.

Both of these are such an easy fix that could have and should have been dealt with already. If they would pay more attention to what needs to be fixed in this game and stop dealing with issues that should be left alone, problems like this would not arise.

Here's a crazy idea..... make the mystic not suck so terribly. Offer the option to pay extra to have a better shot at getting what you want. There's no excuse for getting up to 25m a roll and never seeing that one stat you want.

There's also the idea that you have blues at 70 create more dust. Or you know, increase the amount of dust that drops. Not more piles, but bigger instead.

Seriously though, they're not crafting mats. Very VERY few people use them to craft any gear outside of their fresh 70. They're wasted on the horrendous RNG that is the Mystic. Easiest fix is to get rid of the materials from rerolls (because let's be honest, anyone who runs grifts now have a metric load of forgotten legendaries... I mean souls).

Boom, solved your problem and I'm not even getting paid. You're welcome, Blizzard.
OMG, a blue posted on the dust issue, FINALLY. There are so many threads about it.

I like Kadala giving all blues and no yellows if not a legendary.

Increase drop stack from RG to 50 of each mat, then GR RG will be more above GR 26-27

Blues salvage into 2-5 dusts.

All of the above would solve most people's shortage.

I just don't craft much and when I do, I get really lucky. Sitting on 14K dusts.

My shortage used to be souls, so I feel you. If you play a ton, you shouldn't have any shortages unless you are a crafting maniac.

Why not a legendary gem that makes all material drops either blue or white? Kinda solves the problem like Boon did for gold.

Have to wait see I guess if this is just another thing they get wrong
about time we got got a blue response about it ... still a bit vague, but better then nothing.
Just wanted to chime in and mediate.

I see a lot of people arguing about (not) having enough crafting mats. Some say its balance/not balanced, some say there are methods etc.

Yes mats are a necessary limitation to crafting, the problem occurs with the discrepancy between the amount of VC we get compared to AD when coupled with crafting costs.

So yes there are methods to obtaining more AD and blues. Thats not the problem.

The problem is we are able to collect VC at a far quicker rate because of Kadala. This leads to excess of a mat that is rarer than the mat in shortage.

Lots of solutions. Some suggestions I've seen on forums:
an exchange system: ex. 1VC->5AD. Doubles as a gold sink
Salvaging rares/legs gives a bit of every matt
(My personal fav because I like trials) Trials grant mats

Stop being negative and saying L2P.
Run some rifts with a toon and keep all the VC and AD you find/salvage. You'll notice a large gap between the two. That is the problem. Its not a L2P issue at all.