Kridershot in a UE build seems bad.

Demon Hunter
Hey guys;

I got my first ancient Krider Shot today, I have never tried this build it seems to take forever to get to the target with a really good geared group of players in the party.

Can you guys give me any tips to help me get better with this build,, thank you.
05/05/2015 06:49 PMPosted by Drazen
Hey guys;

I got my first ancient Krider Shot today, I have never tried this build it seems to take forever to get to the target with a really good geared group of players in the party.

Can you guys give me any tips to help me get better with this build,, thank you.

That's fine lol, if your just doing speed runs your doing it wrong for that build, it's meant for high end greater rifts where things take forever to kill and hence the 3 seconds till the chain of ball lightning delay is irrelevant. If your speed running everything is dead in a second anyways and isn't where you want to be using ball lightning to begin with. Ball light on really shines in 55+
Ball lightning isn't as strong as it used to be since area damage was nerfed in 2.2.
And I'd be interested to know if it can beat the new nats.
05/05/2015 10:39 PMPosted by GAK
Ball lightning isn't as strong as it used to be since area damage was nerfed in 2.2.
And I'd be interested to know if it can beat the new nats.

Even without area damage as strong it's dumping massive damage, I a good group and proper setup my ball lightning ticks 500m + per tick and 1b multishot. With wolf up its in the 600m+ and with tons of attack speed and gogok lined up its doing billions per second no cooldown necessary and each ball is ticking multiple times.

I have both setup pretty nicely but. In a group setting there is no doubt from my observations with my own nats or running with other DH using nats 6 that in a group setting ball lightning crushes.

Ball lightning has Consistency and damage is spread out while crashing rain is very small aoe but focused but not as consistent. There's a reason why at the highest levels 60+ ball lightning wins out due to its consistency over time. It's Edps over time is higher while n6 has better burst and increadable crowd control thus being the obvious solo choice but having a much lower burst potential than tal rasha so it's takes the single target damage slot over nats 6 in high end groups.
Just got my Ancient Kridershot today from none other than Kadala. After reroll I got it up to 3560 dps
06/28/2015 06:33 PMPosted by THANOS
Just got my Ancient Kridershot today from none other than Kadala. After reroll I got it up to 3560 dps

I hate you!

damn that's a godly kridrer, I have 1 from previous patch but has no disc and low dmg range :( , I hope this new reforge thing from next patch will enable me to re roll my kridrer its almost impossible to get 1 unless the RNG jesus loves you dearly.
06/29/2015 08:56 AMPosted by Morido
I hate you!

damn that's a godly kridrer, I have 1 from previous patch but has no disc and low dmg range :( , I hope this new reforge thing from next patch will enable me to re roll my kridrer its almost impossible to get 1 unless the RNG jesus loves you dearly.

Just feed it to the cube and use a different weapon.
Wow... the lack of understanding by so many in this thread is staggering.

For those who haven't gotten a Krider and bolts together to test yet(looks at OP) those "blue balls" do about 10x the damage of an MS setup.

As others have said, it isn't easy to play well. It really isn't for solo. And yes, it is slow. But once on target it's our second highest DPS spec.

Beat by ONLY a 2:1 N6 Anathema setup. Which is even harder to play then slowball and therefore even more anti-noob.
Aside from Polar Station or Caltrops for slowing, the Templar, geared appropriately, also provides a useful, consistent slow.

Also the majority of the damage in a Ball Lightning build (which is the reason why you'd be using Kridershot in the first place) comes from Ball Lightning. You only fire Multishot to trigger the spender part of Bastions of Will.
Ive been using BL with 3320 ancient krider with disc for a really long time. My disc is 80. I have 3 ancient kridershots and DH is all i play.

Make no mistake that BL is god awful for solo with RD packs. Yes, its highest DPS -- only in certain situations. Fast moving mobs get few ticks from the balls, RD tears you a new hole, and you get no snare bonus because you arent snaring. I have played this build nonseason, and in regular 56+ groups for so long. Too long. This is probably the worst solo build imaginable unless you solo speed rifts because the balls are out of your control once you fire them.

All those DHs you see ranked on leaderboard that used this build fished for perfect grift like everyone else does; there is nothing special about this build except that it works too well with WD perma CC -- which is getting mega nerfed soon.

As for snare bonus...Polar station? You must be joking. Your follower snaring things around them? Also a joke. You will slow so few enemies on the screen with these that you are actually better off using marked for death. They seem good on paper or in theory (try them, go ahead) but they pale in comparison to frost arrow which snares 10 on screen.

The only thing even making this remotely viable in 56+ is perma WD cc. Ever been hit by one tick of RD with this build at 51+? You are dead instantly even with 21 mil dps.

So few on this thread know what they are talking about...too much misinformation. Its probably because so few have ancient kriders. Things will change next patch when theres no perma CC, and you have no snares equipped. so you should seriously consider frost arrow again, particularly with new items.
06/29/2015 02:16 PMPosted by V1cV1per
Ive been using BL with 3320 ancient krider with disc for a really long time. My disc is 80. I have 3 ancient kridershots and DH is all i play.

Make no mistake that BL is god awful for solo with RD packs. Yes, its highest DPS -- only in certain situations. Fast moving mobs get few ticks from the balls, RD tears you a new hole, and you get no snare bonus because you arent snaring. I have played this build nonseason, and in regular 56+ groups for so long. Too long. This is probably the worst solo build imaginable unless you solo speed rifts because the balls are out of your control once you fire them.

All those DHs you see ranked on leaderboard that used this build fished for perfect grift like everyone else does; there is nothing special about this build except that it works too well with WD perma CC -- which is getting mega nerfed soon.

As for snare bonus...Polar station? You must be joking. Your follower snaring things around them? Also a joke. You will slow so few enemies on the screen with these that you are actually better off using marked for death. They seem good on paper or in theory (try them, go ahead) but they pale in comparison to frost arrow which snares 10 on screen.

The only thing even making this remotely viable in 56+ is perma WD cc. Ever been hit by one tick of RD with this build at 51+? You are dead instantly even with 21 mil dps.

So few on this thread know what they are talking about...too much misinformation. Its probably because so few have ancient kriders. Things will change next patch when theres no perma CC, and you have no snares equipped. so you should seriously consider frost arrow again, particularly with new items

Although I only have one ancient Krider I agree with what you have said above.

Without a permanent stun WD the ball lightning build is painful to use in high grift levels.

It will be interesting to see what the devs have in mind for the DH in high level grifts.

Hopefully there is still a spot for the DH in high grifts group play, other than Nats ROV.
06/28/2015 06:33 PMPosted by THANOS

Nice Krider Thanos, but also impressive, for a 1035 paragon player to only have 1 post.

You must have waited a long time to say something :)
Haha. Yes. Been playing since D3 launch.
I also think is kind of BS to go trough all those layers of RNG for a BIS weapon, I don't mind the low drop rate but at least if I see an ancient drop it should be decent one, nothing more demoralizing than to get a !@#$ ancient krider with out disc on it and %^-*ty rolls.

I was super happy when I got my ancient krider just before the current patch, just to see how it would be obsolete since it has no disc on it. I truly have high hopes on next patch, this kube thing seems to be awesome, I think they data mined something like reforge legendary and people are speculating you will be able to re roll all the stats on a legendary item, if this is true I will be so happy, it has been a nightmare trying to get another krider in my 700+ paragon lvls and 200+ seasonal level I have seen 4 kriders in total 1 ancient and 3 regular ones and most of my shards have gone into 2 handed weapon gambles.
Hey guys have a few questions.

First off i got extremely lucky and got an ancient krider to drop 2 hours after hitting 70. no joke.

Secondly and more to my point, this build just doesn't seem to be outperforming even M6 fire from previous patches. granted i just switched from console to PC so my Paragon is only in the high 200"s but i have pretty much everything best in slot except a good ess of johan (got 2 both crap even with reforge) and a ancient witching hour.

what exactly am i missing from my build to pour on additional DPS? I have maxed disc where i can (still can get a few more points) but compared to N6 and M6 it just seems like im not doing enough. Yes i keep both rings procd and running but im stuck at low 40's in my GR. i know i dont have Taeguk put in yet as my 3rd slot and that will help but the gap is really huge it seems.

Any advice?
07/13/2015 12:19 PMPosted by Funkymusic
Hey guys have a few questions.

First off i got extremely lucky and got an ancient krider to drop 2 hours after hitting 70. no joke.

Secondly and more to my point, this build just doesn't seem to be outperforming even M6 fire from previous patches. granted i just switched from console to PC so my Paragon is only in the high 200"s but i have pretty much everything best in slot except a good ess of johan (got 2 both crap even with reforge) and a ancient witching hour.

what exactly am i missing from my build to pour on additional DPS? I have maxed disc where i can (still can get a few more points) but compared to N6 and M6 it just seems like im not doing enough. Yes i keep both rings procd and running but im stuck at low 40's in my GR. i know i dont have Taeguk put in yet as my 3rd slot and that will help but the gap is really huge it seems.

Any advice?

Grats on the krider.

Changes:
1) Helm with cc/EA damage
2) Chd on ammy
3) CC on focus and bracers, chd on restraint
4) EA damage on boots
5) Both bow and quiver are missing disc

All of that combined with your low paragon is a lot of damage missing. As you slowly find these improvements/make the rerolls you'll see your dps go up quite a bit. I'd throw a ruby in your helm to help with leveling if you're doing GRs.

Regarding your comment about the dps not outperforming the old m6 spec, slowball isn't a very good/reliable solo setup. It can still be fun, and very powerful depending on the map and mob setup. It really shines in groups where there is a zdps controlling the mobs and grouping them together. .
Ok. so just basically more farming for the right stats and reforging for specific things. Thanks mate!

what would you recemend for solo play? not that i do it all that often but when i do id like to melt some face.