Cold Snap

General Discussion
BooHoo, this guy is to hard for me whaaaaa, you need to make this game even easier whaaaaa
yeah sure ok.. get 1 tapped on a DH on a 74 speed run i.e 7 minute clear. get back up after 5 seconds just as i come off grey screen instant death before i can even click smoke screen to avoid the dmg instant dead again, get back up after 10 second death timer instant dead as soon as i come off grey screen again before i can click smoke screen now this happened 5 times in a row... i feel sorry for anyone that gets this guy on Hardcore. Cause even if you are just GR farming 10 lvls lower then you can push clear your going to die to this guy repeatedly. also got this recorded if anyone wants me to upload it.
05/04/2015 04:06 PMPosted by Arvi
No. He charges even at very close distances. How are you able to avoid an instant cast charge? I'd love to see these reaction times.

It's easily avoidable using leap, vault or a number of other defensive abilities that make you immune for a split second and move you.
I don't have a problem avoiding Cold Snap's rush on my DH, even in hardcore. Use the terrain to your advantage to block the charge, whether its up/down stairs or being off center. Don't stand in the middle where he can topple you like a bowling pin.

In contrast, when Rak/Perdition shows up in HC grifts, I run for the hills. 6 min left on the clock? Doesn't matter. I've tried sticking it out with that guy - no good. Just hurts my head when he ports on me.
Maybe you guys should use a different skill that avoids getting one shot, like a passive or defensive skill that every class has.

You're very welcome.

Stop by my stream if you want to learn how to play diablo 3.

https://www.twitch.tv/maturegamerman
08/25/2016 09:55 AMPosted by MatureGamer
Maybe you guys should use a different skill that avoids getting one shot, like a passive or defensive skill that every class has.

You're very welcome.

Stop by my stream if you want to learn how to play diablo 3.

Says the guy running reapers wraps on his UE.....
I'm going to give the benefit of doubt that the reapers are purely for speed farming. The gearing choices on the templar are harder to explain.
08/25/2016 10:33 AMPosted by Kiyo
I'm going to give the benefit of doubt that the reapers are purely for speed farming. The gearing choices on the templar are harder to explain.

Speed farming is warzechian or nems. Reapers are for players that spray MS at air and drain hatred for no reason :)

I play d3 in a multiplayer fashion, not a singleplayer. Afterall, diablo is meant for multiplayer mode, not to play by yourself. 2 bad they didn't allow us to use our hired mercs in multiplayer mode like the far superior d2 did that came out over a decade ago!

08/25/2016 05:53 PMPosted by CyLaNt

Speed farming is warzechian or nems. Reapers are for players that spray MS at air and drain hatred for no reason :)

That is exactly what I do! 2 bad they didn't put mana pots into d3 like they did in d2, so I could do it even more.

Man I rem the good ol times of spraying guided arrow and fireballs at the spawn for 20mins straight in D2 and they were all invis killing every1 n everything!

Good ol' times.

Way to get salty by my prior post tho.

Sincerely,

A Mature Gamer.

08/25/2016 06:32 PMPosted by MatureGamer

I play d3 in a multiplayer fashion, not a singleplayer. Afterall, diablo is meant for multiplayer mode, not to play by yourself. 2 bad they didn't allow us to use our hired mercs in multiplayer mode like the far superior d2 did that came out over a decade ago!

08/25/2016 05:53 PMPosted by CyLaNt

That is exactly what I do! 2 bad they didn't put mana pots into d3 like they did in d2, so I could do it even more.

Man I rem the good ol times of spraying guided arrow and fireballs at the spawn for 20mins straight in D2 and they were all invis killing every1 n everything!

Good ol' times.

Sincerely,

A Mature Gamer.

Lol...zero salt

Just found it funny some noob DH is telling people to watch his stream to learn how to play D3.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Good ol' times.

Sincerely,

A Mature Gamer.

Lol...zero salt

Just found it funny some noob DH is telling people to watch his stream to learn how to play D3.

Nothing wrong with professional DH players like myself telling noob players like you and others to watch my d3 stream brah.

Here is my battletag; MatureGamer#11757. Come 1v1 me in a duel if you still think you're a better dh than me.

Lol...zero salt

Nothing wrong with professional DH players like myself telling noob players like you and others to watch my d3 stream brah.

Here is my battletag; MatureGamer#11757. Come 1v1 me in a duel if you still think you're a better dh than me.

Can't brah....red and white characters can't play together....

Thinking a duel shows skill in d3 shows just how unskilled you are but I can say this....any of my ranged DHs vs your DH as is right now would win hands down. Do you know why?

Maybe GR shows skill? Nope....it just shows patience in fishing. But I am curious....what is your highest grift?

What do you have into this game? About 100 hours?

If people want to watch a good DH stream then that would be Desrame in NAHC, Ooogi in EUHC and Wudijo in EUSC. Those are good DHs.....not you.

Reapers wraps.....halcyons ascent....great gear choices for a pro DH!
I don't recall having too much trouble with cold snap. I just hide behind the Templar. I find that if I keep my wolf or Templar between me and Cold Snap, he will usually just charge them. Then as long as they are attacking him, he no longer charges. So just keep close enough that the templar keeps engaging him and you should be fine.

And if you aren't using the Templar, well there is your problem.
How to gear a follower is a foreseeable aspect of D3 for many many players, and as such, should be included in any advertised instruction on how to play this game. It is quite foreseeable that any player will be playing this game solo at one point or another for any reason - real life constraints or personal choice or something else.

A true "professional" player of a game, or one who puts himself out as a knowledgeable source, should either possess a high level of knowledge about all foreseeable aspects of said game, or possess the maturity to admit inexperience in the areas in which he is lacking knowledge. To do otherwise is misleading to those one intends to instruct. Dismissing this aspect of the game as unimportant does a disservice to the game and to the players you hope to teach.

In all my D3 hours I've only come across 2-3 really good DH players - really really really good DH players - players that played and moved like wudi. Their precision was impeccable, and it was beautiful to watch them play. They would never spray MS at air and waste their time and resources. But perhaps we have different standards for what a good DH is.

To each their own, I guess.

Can't brah....red and white characters can't play together....

Thinking a duel shows skill in d3 shows just how unskilled you are but I can say this....any of my ranged DHs vs your DH as is right now would win hands down. Do you know why?

Maybe GR shows skill? Nope....it just shows patience in fishing. But I am curious....what is your highest grift?

What do you have into this game? About 100 hours?

If people want to watch a good DH stream then that would be Desrame in NAHC, Ooogi in EUHC and Wudijo in EUSC. Those are good DHs.....not you.

Reapers wraps.....halcyons ascent....great gear choices for a pro DH!

I've acquired around 7500+ hours played in d3 since launch. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MatureGamer-1758/hero/79219926 There is a link to my other profile I stopped playing shortly after they removed the gah/rmah. My old account I played at release for about a year I forgot the battletag to. This is my first season, so the only reason noobs like you are under the delusion you have some sort of "skill" is cuz of the crap you acquired during the 2 years I've been absent from d3. I'm almost completely caught up with every build and update I've missed over the 2 years. However, the fact that I mention my stream and you throw a hissyfit over a bracer slot choice, as if they even matter remotely, is laughable indeed.

You think being able to kill a player 1v1 doesn't require any skill, but killing mobs with tanky builds on lower torments and grs requires skill. ???? Typical hardcore single player mentality. Grats, you figured out how to pick a tanky item build, so mobs don't murder you in lower torments and grs.

Who would've thought not dying to mobs was as simple as stacking vitality, more defensive items, playing in lower difficulties, leaving gr as soon as a gr boss spawns you can't beat, and playing single player or multiplayer with only friends. What skill!

Enjoy your carebear version of the diablo franchise. As soon as diablo 2 rmk/diablo 4 comes out with a more than likely hostile feature all the players like you will all be forgotten regardless of how much single player diablo 3 they play.

Sincerely,

A Mature Gamer.

P.S. I knew bringing up 1v1s would cause you to flee in fear. All hardcore players in d2 were scared to pvp as well. xD

08/25/2016 08:51 PMPosted by Kiyo
How to gear a follower is a foreseeable aspect of D3 for many many players, and as such, should be included in any advertised instruction on how to play this game. It is quite foreseeable that any player will be playing this game solo at one point or another for any reason - real life constraints or personal choice or something else.

A true "professional" player of a game, or one who puts himself out as a knowledgeable source, should either possess a high level of knowledge about all foreseeable aspects of said game, or possess the maturity to admit inexperience in the areas in which he is lacking knowledge. To do otherwise is misleading to those one intends to instruct. Dismissing this aspect of the game as unimportant does a disservice to the game and to the players you hope to teach.

In all my D3 hours I've only come across 2-3 really good DH players - really really really good DH players - players that played and moved like wudi. Their precision was impeccable, and it was beautiful to watch them play. They would never spray MS at air and waste their time and resources. But perhaps we have different standards for what a good DH is.

To each their own, I guess.

If you want to run around and gear your Templar I can give you a link bud; http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/follower-skills-and-gearing-patch-2-4. Took me 2 seconds to google that for yea. I didn't bother checking it though, so it may be outdated. I don't play single player, so it really doesn't interest me ;(.

As far as a DH running around spraying MS at air.. well in my current season gear with GRs 75+ it takes a lot of "sprays" to kill even some white mobs with almost top gear. it is more "fun" spraying multishot than using evasive fire. I think I can spray MS at the air around 30-40 times in a row before I'm empty. Once empty I can probably pick 2 health globes up that dropped during the massive amount of mobs I just destroyed and be almost back to full and be on to the next group, but hey what do I know!

You keep watching those super stacked dh's with 0 resource cost reduction besides yangs and other things save their multishots for the mobs they round on up like the dh master set dungeon. Nothing more fun than rounding up the leaping and charging mobs that are on every single level of gr rifts and timing those multishots and occasionally getting a runspeed boost from a destroyed object.

Fact is good players don't need to act professional, since they are good players. Stick to copying those d3 wiki builds that others created for ya tho. ;)

08/25/2016 08:49 PMPosted by TimberWolf
I don't recall having too much trouble with cold snap. I just hide behind the Templar. I find that if I keep my wolf or Templar between me and Cold Snap, he will usually just charge them. Then as long as they are attacking him, he no longer charges. So just keep close enough that the templar keeps engaging him and you should be fine.

And if you aren't using the Templar, well there is your problem.

I die more to the aoe frozen explosion than anything else, but that can easily be avoided with a good ammy. I actually just gave away a 10%CC/100%CD absorb cold ammy with a socket. All in all a defensive passive could've just been used or spam ss though. Funny I was just fighting a gr 76 cold snap an hour ago and I was thinking of this thread. He didn't drop any good loot incase u guys were wondering.

On a separate note I'll prob stop replying to this thread. It really isn't that enjoyable owning a hardcore noob on the forums. Was a little fun, since I like making fun of hardcore players, but ya.. Mature Gamers like me have responsibilities.

Catch all you cold snap feeders later!
@MatureGamer

Saw your other profile.....still not impressed. In fact you should probably delete that profile....it is worse than your new one!

Your 1v1 didn't scare me off noober..... I actually analyzed both of our test subjects and gave you the reason why I would win. I asked you why but you failed to answer....my guess is your noobiness is at fault for that.

Tank build? Low Torment?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CyLaNt-1337/hero/75711815

No tankiness there....in fact that was my s6 dh that got me rank 35 with an 82 clear. Which leads me to my other quesion (that you never answered) of what your highest solo GR is but I can deduce that for myself.....I win again :)

Sorry noober....I guess you should have stayed "retired" with that embarrassment of a profile you linked :\

Lol....my highest GR clear this season is probably higher than you.....I had much lower paragon and damage too.....go go halcyons ascent and reapers wraps!

#noobmaturegamernoob
08/26/2016 02:52 AMPosted by CyLaNt
@MatureGamer

Saw your other profile.....still not impressed. In fact you should probably delete that profile....it is worse than your new one!

Your 1v1 didn't scare me off noober..... I actually analyzed both of our test subjects and gave you the reason why I would win. I asked you why but you failed to answer....my guess is your noobiness is at fault for that.

Tank build? Low Torment?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CyLaNt-1337/hero/75711815

No tankiness there....in fact that was my s6 dh that got me rank 35 with an 82 clear. Which leads me to my other quesion (that you never answered) of what your highest solo GR is but I can deduce that for myself.....I win again :)

Sorry noober....I guess you should have stayed "retired" with that embarrassment of a profile you linked :\

Lol....my highest GR clear this season is probably higher than you.....I had much lower paragon and damage too.....go go halcyons ascent and reapers wraps!

#noobmaturegamernoob

this guy is such a n00b cylant, i doubt you will get direct answers to your questions and even if so, he is a softie and I lol'ed when I read the word "died" in his last post as for us in hc, its once and done...dont even know why peeps complaining about cold snap either as I only play hc and may proc here and there but he's very easy to kill...

This whole thread has me in lolz, haha!

Can you imagine if some of these people even tried hc, oh my what a shock they would be into when they can't hit the respawn button, lol.

-DooB
05/04/2015 03:58 PMPosted by Alukat
05/04/2015 02:49 PMPosted by Arvi
Why does he have an unavoidable charge that one-shots you?

He has a charge? he propably just charges if you're too far away ;)

That is the dumbest excuse for keeping the one shot mechanics, especially for this boss.

You know, if you are too close to the boss (within the range of a whole !@#$ing screen) you will be hit by his instant cast Freeze attack which also nearly oneshots your %^-, and then he follows it up with the ONE shot charge.

Cold Snap is a boss you are guaranteed to die on, unless you are playing with EXTREMELY high defense and then lack offense instead, resulting in "pushing" GR 55 which is extremely low.

People report having issues with Cold Snap on GR 50-60 LOL, they dont know what awaits them at GR 80 if you get cold snap, holy moly. not even 1 billion toughness on a monk is going to save you, not even unity is going to save you.

Cold Snap = instant leave game.
If you want to run around and gear your Templar... Took me 2 seconds to google that

@"MatureGamer", it would have taken you 1 second to click my profile to see that I have my Templar geared, on my NS and S DHs. It would also have taken you 1 second to look at other people's profiles before you issue pvp challenges that clearly can't happen and irritate other players. But perhaps you're doing it intentionally; who knows? So I'll decline to explain why 'spraying air' and stacking resource on a UE DH, even if it means a continuous stream of multishot all day, is foolish compared to the alternative.

On the bright side, you have a resource link you can share with your stream followers, so there is that... even if you didn't read it. The emperor is not completely naked.

Fact is good players don't need to advertise themselves as professional, since they are good players.

Fixed that for you.

Back to Cold Snap, I am curious how melee classes deal with this RG. In my wiz solos I recall porting around a lot, and not getting one-shot when I did get hit, but those were patches ago. My ET wiz just stood there and tanked the hits, and I did get frozen now and then, but it generally wasn't an issue. As I mentioned upthread, for DH we just need to stay at range distance and use the terrain to our advantage to avoid the initial hit. This is easier with multishot; in slow ball days he was a bit more horrendous.