Why Dels + Rasha?

Wizard
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
Solo, I probably use nilfur, group, I shall try both & see the results.
05/11/2015 12:48 AMPosted by Quantic
Question for ppl here with more knowledge then me.

Has anyone tried a version of delrasha with fire damage on the bubble and Flame Blades?

Im asking this because it seems that one of the bigger drawbacks for delrasha is the bubbles lacking interaction with other gear and skills, limiting the damage potential (no skill +dam on gear, no legendaries, no att speed interaction etc.) The only thing that seems to interact with the bubble damage is the Flame Blades stack, which snapshots on cast. Thats what it looks like to me anyway.

However, since im a very casual soloplayer im usually not in a position where theres many mobs. stacking it to 20something just doesnt warrant using spectral blades imo. But if u had someone else gathering all the mobs up for you, would it be possible to stack flame blades so much that the bubbles was viable in a group?

Just thinking out loud here ..

I have +35% lightning and get the lightning bubble. I assume that element was adding to the 2000% dmg?
Just for the record this looks the most durable build for a HC player. Still gearing but think i can do easily a 40 (still looking for a good CoE).
Just beat GR52 this morning with my DelRasha. It is an ideal build for people who haven't been lucky enough to find an ancient wand, I'm still using an ancient Devastator.

I love how "safe" this build feels while still being fun game play, hopping around, trying to create density by constantly moving forward leaving a trail of bubbles in my wake.

After I beat the 52 this morning I did a 51 and spawned the RG with over 8 minutes remaining. Right now I'm gambling sources hoping for a better ancient tals and an ancient triumvirate to fiddle around with an FO speed GR build.

Seriously, if you haven't given this build a shot, it works - the RG fight can be slow, but leading up to that it is very consistent in GR progression, I don't even think about mob type, it doesn't matter, just bubble liberally and take advantage of Illusionist CD reset at every opportunity.
I finally have the pieces to made a makeshift Deltasha set. I haven't found the amulet, so I cannot use the Niffur, hopefully I find it soon.

Its lots of fun, & not as complicated as I think. But I use an extreme easy setup,

Hydra, shock pulse, Teleport, Slow time. Ice armor with halo ring, & magic weapon.

I have horible luck with crafting devastor, I think I crafted at last 40 pieces, incredibly, not anicent!

My terrible luck with anceint weapn continue, after 500+para NS, & noe 500+ season. RNG-esus is trolling me hard.
Hm. From reading all the comments, I think general consensus is that the build has:

1) Relatively relaxed gear requirements
2) Relatively high solo ceiling, DPS capped
3) Relatively safe build
4) Relatively fun build to manage
I think we all need to stop bull!@#$ting and acknowledge this build can go JUST as high as any of the other two main build variations (Halo Melee and AW based builds).

People need to stop focussing so much on DPS ceilings and DPS potential. If DPS mattered then this build would have gone nowhere as it's DPS is quite %^-*. The reason Del Rasha works is because it has far higher DPS uptime and far higher AoE potential than the other builds, making up for it's lack of raw damage. Picture this, with the other builds you're constantly repositioning, dodging !@#$, stunning, watching rotations and stacks, managing AP. Hydra's do their work but they have a relatively small AoE radius cuz two Hydra's cannot fill the entire screen with damage. This is why it has lower DPS uptime. While you are doing all those things I mentioned above, you are not doing DPS or at least very little anyway. With Del Rasha, you drop a Bubble and run. The Bubble DPS's for you. No skill required whatsoever. Sure you still have to watch out a little and keep TR stacks up, but you can have ST doing damage a million screens a way and it's all good. If you can plaster the screen full of Bubbles that are all doing 500m ticks the entire screen full of mobs is dying. They are dying much slower yes, but more of them are dying at the same time than with the other two builds. Which means faster progress. That's why you see those Del Rasha builds end with 8 minutes left at super high GRs. The only weakness of the build is its horrendous stDPS which shows when RG takes 5-6 minutes to kill. If it didn't have this it would be the best build by far. Me personally, I think that any build that uses Aether Walker is what's going to be the first that goes over 60 GR. Not SS Hydra.

TL;DR DPS isn't the be all end all that determines a builds GR potential.

Edit: This post is not directed at anyone in particular but moreso at the Wizard community as a whole. This was always the theorycrafting community and not the 'igotthehotsforyolodps'-community.
05/13/2015 01:57 PMPosted by Verificus
I think we all need to stop bull!@#$ting and acknowledge this build can go JUST as high as any of the other two main build variations (Halo Melee and AW based builds).

People need to stop focussing so much on DPS ceilings and DPS potential. If DPS mattered then this build would have gone nowhere as it's DPS is quite %^-*. The reason Del Rasha works is because it has far higher DPS uptime and far higher AoE potential than the other builds, making up for it's lack of raw damage. Picture this, with the other builds you're constantly repositioning, dodging !@#$, stunning, watching rotations and stacks, managing AP. Hydra's do their work but they have a relatively small AoE radius cuz two Hydra's cannot fill the entire screen with damage. This is why it has lower DPS uptime. While you are doing all those things I mentioned above, you are not doing DPS or at least very little anyway. With Del Rasha, you drop a Bubble and run. The Bubble DPS's for you. No skill required whatsoever. Sure you still have to watch out a little and keep TR stacks up, but you can have ST doing damage a million screens a way and it's all good. If you can plaster the screen full of Bubbles that are all doing 500m ticks the entire screen full of mobs is dying. They are dying much slower yes, but more of them are dying at the same time than with the other two builds. Which means faster progress. That's why you see those Del Rasha builds end with 8 minutes left at super high GRs. The only weakness of the build is its horrendous stDPS which shows when RG takes 5-6 minutes to kill. If it didn't have this it would be the best build by far. Me personally, I think that any build that uses Aether Walker is what's going to be the first that goes over 60 GR. Not SS Hydra.

TL;DR DPS isn't the be all end all that determines a builds GR potential.

Edit: This post is not directed at anyone in particular but moreso at the Wizard community as a whole. This was always the theorycrafting community and not the 'igotthehotsforyolodps'-community.

At the end of the day, results will be worth a thousand words.

So until someone posts a 58-60 clear with Delrasha, the idea of DPS ceiling and output will be the looming cloud that holds the build back from the other builds.

AW works because of its insane mobility.

SS/T6/FR works because it has the highest damage output

DMO/TR works because of its defensive safety.

So does defense win championships ? Someone do it !
I'm not really big into the grifts, but I attempted a 53, got it first try and then used the 54 and got it also with 6 pc tal, 4 pc del. I just kept ahead of the mobs with my aether and pulled them through all my bubbles. RG took like 7 minutes though, that sucked. Just keeping tal 4 up and trying to nail the starpact meteor with all buffs.
05/13/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Boozor

So until someone posts a 58-60 clear with Delrasha, the idea of DPS ceiling and output will be the looming cloud that holds the build back from the other builds.

Well, someone cleared 57 with Delrasha if I'm not mistaken with atleast some time left and bjornh cleared 55. Considering bjornh said that he mostly plays solo and, just like me, only has a moderate amount of keys to attempt progress, it speaks for the consistency of the build.

It's definitely competitive. It's just a different type of challenge compared to less consistent builds. You can't make time by pushing out a ton of damage, but instead you have to make up most of your time by strategical gameplay and the decisions you make. I've cleared 53 fairly easily, with a mediocre GR, a generic weapon (Gift of Silaria), no Stonesinger, no conduit and 2min remaining. This put me in the top 150, which is more than I had hoped for with the limited infrastructure and time I have.

If I can clear 53 with a generic weapon and a mediocre GR and bjornh can clear 55 while neither of us have the infrastructure to farm keys nor did we discard defensive abilities in favor of more offensive ones, I have little doubt that some people with better infrastructure, gear and willingness to forgo defensive abilities could potentially get even further. The bubble might seem underwhelming, but it's really not that bad. I'm also using it to speed farm GR's in the 40's by myself because the bubble pretty much instagibs normal mobs up to roughly GR 45 or even higher. I mean, it kills them before they can get out of one.

It's also a very fun build. I intend on trying Vox his build since I had an Ancient AW drop recently though, that build also looks like a lot of fun.
05/13/2015 02:17 PMPosted by Boozor

What about the KR player that did 57 with like what, 3 minutes to spare? AW build yes but ST as the primary damage dealer. I suppose it doesn't count because he is KR and not US? Because ef those stupid Asians right? He did that 57 ezmode. The problem is not enough people play the spec. They are all too fixated on propagated SS builds and are afraid of trying out and wasting their high keys on it (which is a fair point). If half of the top 50 switched over to Del Rasha right now you'd see that 58-60 within a week. If someone can do a 57 in 12 minutes whatever that someone can do a 58 too. Higher if fishing. You'd have a good point if Del Rasha was still stuck at 50-55. But this is no longer fanboys trying to push their no-skill build. These ARE real results. Heck, I don't even like playing it. I only play it because nothing else good has dropped for me. I like Hydra's. I would love to use them. But i'm being a realist and the majority of the community is up in their DPS clouds and too blinded to acknowledge facts. The build works really well and it will continue to go higher, it's less seen because less people push with it. That's the real reason. Just give it some time. I still don't think it's the best build because I believe pure TR6 AW builds is what's gonna win it all in the end but its still a damn good build.
I think I will try this with Ashbringer. 8000% weapon damage would give some nice dps. If you haven't tried this weapon yet you are missing out on some fun but that's just my opinion.
05/13/2015 02:44 PMPosted by Verificus
What about the KR player that did 57 with like what, 3 minutes to spare? AW build yes but ST as the primary damage dealer. I suppose it doesn't count because he is KR and not US? Because ef those stupid Asians right? He did that 57 ezmode. The problem is not enough people play the spec. They are all too fixated on propagated SS builds and are afraid of trying out and wasting their high keys on it (which is a fair point). If half of the top 50 switched over to Del Rasha right now you'd see that 58-60 within a week. If someone can do a 57 in 12 minutes whatever that someone can do a 58 too. Higher if fishing. You'd have a good point if Del Rasha was still stuck at 50-55. But this is no longer fanboys trying to push their no-skill build. These ARE real results. Heck, I don't even like playing it. I only play it because nothing else good has dropped for me. I like Hydra's. I would love to use them. But i'm being a realist and the majority of the community is up in their DPS clouds and too blinded to acknowledge facts. The build works really well and it will continue to go higher, it's less seen because less people push with it. That's the real reason. Just give it some time. I still don't think it's the best build because I believe pure TR6 AW builds is what's gonna win it all in the end but its still a damn good build.

"Stupid Asians"

Darn those Asians and your top gaming abilities !

Yes that is exactly what I am thinking. /sarcasm.

Rest of what you said makes sense, and I hope it happens, then 3 top level builds for the wizard within a level of each other.
Well it wouldn't be the first time US discounts accomplishments as 'doesn't count' because they were not made by themselves. But that's another very unrelated topic.

I hope it happens too and I'm pretty sure it will. Realize though I'm only talking about the solo meta. I don't think anything will change for group play where you can more or less guarantee 100% uptime on your Hydra. Then it IS just a pure numbers game and nothing comes close to lolhydra.
The RG is painful though without double Hydra.

Spend the whole rift having fun, making decisions on what to skip, what to herd, when to double down, then you get to the rift guardian and spend 10 minutes trying to down him. WTB new GR mode w/o RGs.
The one thing I love about Delrasha is the flexibility it gives...you can run DPS specs, you can CC for a team, or you can run a hybrid if you want. Personally, I love using Nilfur with CoE because I can get my "cold" bubble out so fast with my ancient GoO and keeping up with the element cycles is easily managed. With practice, you can actually time your CoE buffs with your rotations and it actually becomes second nature after awhile. Add some Arcane Dynamo and your natural TR buffs to your Meteor's and slow time that its an awful lot of damage, fairly consistent damage too.

Character in question: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Odineva-1651/hero/60893363
The funny thing about all of this is that we really can't answer the very first question anybody would ask about any general build spec:

"Which Delrasha build is the strongest?"

I personally hate the idea of One Build To Rule Them All, so I'm amused and kind of delighted that it's taking this long to figure out.
I'm going to say any build using AW is going to be the strongest, including Del Rasha builds because skipping > all
05/13/2015 04:52 PMPosted by ThreeStars
"Which Delrasha build is the strongest?"

05/13/2015 03:37 PMPosted by GunnersDream
The RG is painful though without double Hydra.

It's going to be AW or SS for this build.... just like TR6.

Mobility to give extra time against RG, or SS to kill RG faster and progress through rift slower.
Small rant. can't use meteor boots as I do not have Tal Ammy. Is the amulet very rare? I did not found on on my non season also.

My poor form with finding good weapon continue....

Anway, a small question, I use teleport-Camality as arcane procs, but even at 41CDR, there is too much time between cast (I already have illusionist up). How do you guy deal with this?