Appear Offline coming Soon™

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
05/15/2015 07:29 AMPosted by Sapphire
05/15/2015 07:16 AMPosted by Shivian
Blizz doesn't need online presence in the chat app to tell if you are botting or not...

True, but it also makes it less likely that people on your friends list will notice and report you.

Report you for what? Wasn't the 'report for botting' option removed? Besides, how the hell would you know if someone is botting by merely looking to see if a player is online or not? And why would you even want to report someone on your friend list in the first place?

I swear that the paranoia of people today is worse than the times of the Stasi. My God...
<span class="truncated">...</span>i am neither trolling nor opposed of this feature

im just opposed to misinformation that gets posted here

so yeah, stop trolling and insulting me

You don't even play this game so why are you here commenting on it? You have no profile on the America Server and your European Profile shows you don't even have ONE character at Level One!

Right. Level One! Not Paragon Level One, Normal Level One!

I am left to assume you are a WoW player who got the free trial of D3 and never played it, yet you come to our Forums and troll every post.

Get lost! Go take a long walk off a short pier. You have no credibility at all. From now on I'm reporting every post you make as Trolling.
i know it may seem outragous and maybe goes above your head but:
people can have multiple accounts

so stop trolling please
maybe if you would stop assuming so much and would use your brain from time to time (not using it to preserve it for the future like a new car or smething doesnt work), you would have figured that out by yourself
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You don't even play this game so why are you here commenting on it? You have no profile on the America Server and your European Profile shows you don't even have ONE character at Level One!

Right. Level One! Not Paragon Level One, Normal Level One!

I am left to assume you are a WoW player who got the free trial of D3 and never played it, yet you come to our Forums and troll every post.

Get lost! Go take a long walk off a short pier. You have no credibility at all. From now on I'm reporting every post you make as Trolling.
i know it may seem outragous and maybe goes above your head but:

so stop trolling please
maybe if you would stop assuming so much and would use your brain from time to time (not using it to preserve it for the future like a new car or smething doesnt work), you would have figured that out by yourself

So this is your account dedicated to troll the forums, not even used for multiboxing?

I'm going to assume you bought Diablo 3 solely for World of Warcraft time, at the very least for this account.

And I just can't let this go, either:

You seriously don't understand that a lot of people want to play games completely alone, from time to time -- because of personal reasons -- without rejecting anyone's game invites and without talking to anyone?

"Just delete them": If someone on my friends list feels insecure, I won't delete them. Sorry, but I care about other people. I only delete people who show antisocial behavior. (Racists, ingame thieves and sociopaths)

"Tell them you want to play alone": And then, somebody else logs on. And then, somebody else logs on. Then, somebody actually have something interesting to say, that they could've told you the next day -- but force you to talk about today, while you'd still have the chance to talk with them about that same thing the next day. Like; A guy has a couple of movie tickets, and asks you if you're coming along, but goes to somebody else if you reject him right there -- but would've asked over the phone in the morning if you'd appeared offline like you wanted to. Then, someone you kind of want to talk to logs on -- and you feel compelled to talk to them, while you'd actually refrain from doing so if you had the option to appear offline: like when a friend who's not been online for 4 months logs on, but you don't want to bother unless he or she is coming BACK, and want to see if that person logs on the next day as well.

And finally, the part that you seriously don't seem to get, at all:

"I don't want to talk to anyone. I want to be left alone. I've got stuff to think about, that nobody else can know at this point. I just want to play a game and have a bit of fun, without interacting with any human beings.": This can only be accomplished by Appear Offline.
You can do this on Steam. You can do this on Xbox Live. You can do this on PSN

A bonus reason:
A girl you like logs on, and because she sees you -- she expects that you'll want to talk to her.
You want to, but not at this time. However, she has seen you online, so -- you have to talk to her right now, or she will feel that you're ignoring her, and may think that you don't care all that much.
But you do. But she can't understand. Because she's a freaking girl with freaking girl logic, who does not realize that you actually CAN both CARE and NOT want to talk to her at all -- at the same time.

Telling people you don't want to talk to them is perfectly fine. In very, very, very many cases.
However, a lot of people have this thing called "emotions".
When you tell them "I don't want to talk to anyone right now!" -- they wonder if it's just them, and in that case -- why? And if it's everyone, why not -- is there something (emotionally) wrong with *you*? -- because putting yourself available while refraining to talk to people can be seen as a sign that something is wrong with you, or between you and the person you reject.

And guess what? People who delete other people from their friends list *cause* this sort of insecurieties in the first place.
05/13/2015 01:56 PMPosted by WildPants
name one

Okay, how about... steam. BAM. That's a luncher with 718 million (and counting) games. Blizzard can't manage 5.
05/16/2015 09:53 AMPosted by Tomnnn
05/13/2015 01:56 PMPosted by WildPants
name one

Okay, how about... steam. BAM. That's a luncher with 718 million (and counting) games. Blizzard can't manage 5.
and another troll
*sigh*

why dont you just read the thread?
05/16/2015 09:44 AMPosted by Frostraven
...i know it may seem outragous and maybe goes above your head but:

so stop trolling please

So this is your account dedicated to troll the forums, not even used for multiboxing?

I'm going to assume you bought Diablo 3 solely for World of Warcraft time.
as already mentioned:
less assuming, more brainusage and youll get way better though life
and another troll
*sigh*

why dont you just read the thread?

I'm looking through the thread and I don't see the post where you concede that you were wrong.

All I see is you claiming that you were right all along even though numerous people have shown that you were incorrect.

You don't even explain yourself anywhere. You just keep on repeating the same thing over and over.

Maybe if you tried to explain what you "meant" or used coherent sentences people would understand you better and you wouldn't come off so trollish. But that's just my 2 cents.
05/13/2015 12:05 PMPosted by Jaetch
How about let's not implement a feature that'll make it even easier for botters to dodge the hammer.

Oh, get over it.

There are times where I just want to hop into a few rifts without getting invites, messages, etc from clanmates or friends. I've got a few people on my friends list that play constantly, and the second I go on I get invites and messages. I like these people, so I usually join them. But I always feel like kind of a d*ck when I tell them no.

So I look forward to this feature.
05/13/2015 12:27 PMPosted by Scourge
3 million WoW players are already appearing Offline.

I think that's how it's being implemented?

Top Kek Kappa
I don't know why there is such resistance to an offline mode.

99% of the people I encounter in the game world are jerks, so why would I, or anyone for that matter, want to continue playing with these people?

I'm sure most of those jerks end-up here to negate a feature which is unappealing for them, as it allows other players to obviate having to deal with them.

They argue that it will expose the game to hackers etc., but its not their game to decide what happens to it.
05/16/2015 03:26 PMPosted by Torquechrist
I don't know why there is such resistance to an offline mode.

I think they're nervous their 'friends' may not actually enjoy playing with them.

Either that or it's the bot story. If they don't know their friends are online or not they can't spot if they're botting or not...somehow.

I couldn't really care either way. If it never gets implemented I won't lose any sleep. If it was I would use it every now and then.
05/16/2015 09:44 AMPosted by Frostraven
And guess what? People who delete other people from their friends list *cause* this sort of insecurieties in the first place.

This doesn't even work since you'll still remain on their "recent" list and they'll still be able to see you online. In fact, this only makes things worse. It basically comes down to Blizzard getting the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to developer talent.

Meanwhile, Blizzard pays for a couple of azzhats to publicly dismiss general concerns or negative feedback while mod's run around their forums deleting "duplicate" posts (when it suits their needs) - but hush - we're not allowed to talk about mod's deleting posts around here - says the TOS.
One problem I see with this feature. Some people play just to play with friends. If some of those friends choose to go invisible for a week or two (which is their right), some players might think they quit, and those players might actually quit. After all, it's a 3 year old game now. And maybe your friends have no way to reach you to find out why you stopped logging in? Leads to a chain reaction of D3 quitting and SC2 quitting.

I can see why this feature would be very low on the priority list, if even left off of it completely.

BTW, I noticed a few of you talk about joining games without invites...you can disable "Quick Join" in the options...no more joining without invites. Be prepared to get messaged more though of course.
I have friends that jump into my games when I prefer to play by myself. I'd rather have an invisible mode than have a possibly awkward conversation, especially if it's an irl friend and we *always* play together. Sometimes I'm just playing really casually/slowly or have a movie on another screen and I don't want to keep pace with someone else.

I have other friends that are really pushy about not playing solo too because it's more efficient or whatever and like dude I really don't give a !@#$. Like I wanted to take my time and level a seasonal character in S1 only for him to insist he power level me when I specifically didn't want it and he kept bugging me to let him until I caved. that's what appear offline would be for.

And guys: thanks for the relationship/social advice, but that's not what's being asked for here. It's a feature request that was promised to be delivered three years ago and still hasn't been. Every situation is unique and you're "well just talk to them about it" advice isn't realistic in all scenarios.
05/17/2015 07:18 AMPosted by Chas
I have friends that jump into my games when I prefer to play by myself. I'd rather have an invisible mode than have a possibly awkward conversation, especially if it's an irl friend and we *always* play together. Sometimes I'm just playing really casually/slowly or have a movie on another screen and I don't want to keep pace with someone else.

I have other friends that are really pushy about not playing solo too because it's more efficient or whatever and like dude I really don't give a !@#$. Like I wanted to take my time and level a seasonal character in S1 only for him to insist he power level me when I specifically didn't want it and he kept bugging me to let him until I caved. that's what appear offline would be for.

And guys: thanks for the relationship/social advice, but that's not what's being asked for here. It's a feature request that was promised to be delivered three years ago and still hasn't been. Every situation is unique and you're "well just talk to them about it" advice isn't realistic in all scenarios.
so disable quick join and youre fine

not to mention that the requested feature wouldnt even stop that from happening
05/13/2015 11:16 AMPosted by bjornh
How soon exactly? 2019? https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7315730/appear-offline-option-coming-soon-to-battlenet-9-20-2012

[quote]In the coming months, we're planning an update to Battle.net that will give you more control over your online presence when playing Blizzard games. Soon, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III players will be able to select "Appear Offline" as one of their Battle.net social-status options (along with Available, Busy, and Away) for those times when they want to wander Azeroth by their lonesome, dominate the galaxy in radio silence, or slay demons in solitude. When you choose this option as your status, all of your Real ID friends, BattleTag friends, and character-level friends will see you as “Offline” in their friends list whenever you’re logged into a game.

The “Appear Offline” status option will be added to World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III separately in future updates for each game. For Diablo III, we expect to add the feature in a patch after 1.0.5. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll share more information on the availability of this new feature in the months ahead.

Troll ?

I have no problem with this issue, always someone enters my game and i tell them what i was doing and if they don't mind, then can join. Otherwise, they will just say "OK, i'll join you later when you are going for xxx". Sometimes, people add me to their game when i am online, but then i whisper to them what i wanna do, and they always reply "Oh ! OK. join me later if you want to xxx".
05/13/2015 11:41 AMPosted by Merlin
Just because you don't think it's needed or don't want it doesn't mean a lot of other people don't.

I've been saying this about Auto-Squelch in Hearthstone since closed beta. The rationale is always refuted. I suspect it will be here even though you're right.
I've got to agree OP. While I don't always want to appear offline there are certain days where I just want to play solo or without being interrupted. Can't do that until they bring the long awaited appear offline feature.
You guys act like disabling quick join and not chatting would end your e-friendships with all your e-friends...you're obviously not that good of friends if they have a meltdown over you not responding to them every once in a while.
"Appear Offline coming Soon™ "
why is it trademarked?
They need 2 more years to do this... xD