New consumable

General Discussion
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned previously or not, so I will put it out here. I'm not really an expert at this game and I'm pretty casual, but I want to throw this idea out anyways.

The only consumable currently in the game right now is "Ramaladni's Gift". It is a powerful item capable of enhancing your weapon by allowing you to enchant for an additional damage or utility stat instead of the mandatory socket. By using this consumable on the item, you will then be able to still receieve the benefits of having a socket on your weapon. It's power is undeniable and as such, it has a rare chance of dropping.

However, the time has come for a new consumable. Meet "Bashiok's Thankfulness". First, this consumable must be much rarer than the current Ramaladni's Gift, at least ten times as rare. Like it's sibling, it may only be applied once to an item. The effect it will have on the item will be to reset the status of the item to being unenchanted so that you may enchant a new stat on the item at the mystic. You should already see just how powerful such a consumable might be and why it must be even rarer to attain. It only use should be as an enhancement to powerful and rare end-game weapons or amulets. Let's see it in action.

For example, you just received your ancient 3.3k dps Kridershot after reaching paragon 10 in 20 minutes by running in public T6 games. However, it is useless to you since it rolled without discipline as a secondary stat, making it a downgrade for the full UE set you are wearing which includes an ancient 3.7k dps Windforce. Right before you salvage it, you notice that you received a new consumable in your inventory that isn't stacking with your other twenty Ramaladni's gifts. It is called "Bashiok's Thankfulness". Buddha has blessed you. Your pious rubbing of his belly has paid off. You knew it was a good idea to keep your left hand on a statue of him instead of on your keyboard using skills. You immediately rush over to the mystic and enchant your Kridershot once to receieve +12 discipline as your new secondary. You then apply your new consumable and smile as you see the enchanted icon disappear from the +12 discipline. Now it is time to remove the mandatory socket from this Kridershot. You enchant it and receieve 10% increased damage. Your Kridershot now matches your Windforce in dps. With satisfaction, you leave the public game never to return since you do not want people leeching off your gear which you worked hard for. The End.

If this idea is ever implemented I ask for no recognition or honor on my part. I simply wish that the item name remains the same so that we may show our thankfulness once and for all to Bashiok.
Great, more RNG.
It would be super OP, especially if it could be used more than once on the same item. It would basically allow you to pick and choose perfect stats.

there was allot of thought put into the way the mystic works and re-enchanting a different property was something they specifically wanted to avoid as it can short circuit the reward loop and allow for crafting of superb perfect items.
While I don't mind the idea itself, I am totally against adding it in the form of a ridiculously rare drop. We have enough RNG issues with this game already, and really don't need more.
Nice to have an option to reset stats since the devs keep changing how skills work.

But 10 x rarer than a gift? Do you know that some people have never seen a gift? I did not see a gift until I was paragon 250 in S3, 10x rarer would be like 2,500.
Yes, 10x rarer is really generous. A better option would be a limited supply, say 100. There can only be 100 of these consumable items in the game at a time. A player would only be able to receive one after someone else used one decreasing the population to 99.

05/13/2015 05:36 PMPosted by lpnlizard
It would be super OP, especially if it could be used more than once on the same item. It would basically allow you to pick and choose perfect stats.

there was allot of thought put into the way the mystic works and re-enchanting a different property was something they specifically wanted to avoid as it can short circuit the reward loop and allow for crafting of superb perfect items.

You lack reading comprehension.
05/13/2015 05:48 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
Nice to have an option to reset stats since the devs keep changing how skills work.

But 10 x rarer than a gift? Do you know that some people have never seen a gift? I did not see a gift until I was paragon 250 in S3, 10x rarer would be like 2,500.

uh, no, the time needed to get to p250 is no where near the time needed to get to p2500, in fact p250 can be easily done in a day, p2500? we dont have one person with that after 3 years of play.
^

Correct, but paragon 250 in a day? Either you are being carried in groups and people are feeding you gears or you have no real-life obligations and can play 6 hours a day. Try playing solo occasionally and you need at least 1-2 weeks playing daily for 2 hours.

Edit: Anyway, back to topic. Nice to have an item or service to reset stats on gears but don't make it 10x rarer than a gift, gifts are not too common as some people might think given RNG.
05/13/2015 06:22 PMPosted by jtcdgroup
^

Correct, but paragon 250 in a day? Either you are being carried in groups and people are feeding you gears or you have no real-life obligations and can play 6 hours a day. Try playing solo occasionally and you need at least 1-2 weeks playing daily for 2 hours.

brand new players aside, who doesnt high lvl friends by this point in either seasons or ns.
simply get rushed to 70(30mins tops) get a few bounties done(lets say 1.5 hrs), then get carried in 40-45ish speed grifts for another couple hours and you'll be at 250 in no time, wont even take 5 hrs with an efficient group.

for solos, yea sure it'll take longer, im not disputing that, but soloing was never as efficient as group play.
https://screen.yahoo.com/bad-idea-jeans-000000942.html
So it´s 10x more rare than rama, I´m para 320 in season and dropped only 1 rama, and like 3 total counting the other season, so I´m pretty sure I will never see this drop (just like I´ve never dropped witching hour, furnace, smk...)

Good idea op, the rng in this game is what I love the most, we certainly need more

sigh...