Just remove weighted RNG

General Discussion
Lmao Misscheetah you should just keep quiet and let TheTias talk; he seems like someone who actually plays the game and knows what he is talking about.
05/23/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Cman
Lmao Misscheetah you should just keep quiet and let TheTias talk; he seems like someone who actually plays the game and knows what he is talking about.

Everyone has the right to speak. Get lost.

But yes...GREEN FIGHT! *throws green at people*
05/23/2015 09:12 AMPosted by Cman

Wouldn't that include me? What an idiot lmao.

Wouldn't that include me? What an idiot lmao.

"Get lost" doesn't mean "you can't talk"...it means "you're not adding anything to the conversation, and therefore do not belong here."

You know exactly how I meant it. Don't play stupid...you're already dumb enough without putting in extra effort.
05/23/2015 09:52 AMPosted by Gnome
Don't play stupid...you're already dumb enough without putting in extra effort.
rekt
05/22/2015 07:26 AMPosted by MissCheetah
1. They want to control end game progression. If a player completes what they want quickly then the game is over for that player. There is no more reason to play.

There are a lot of players that managed either trough sher luck or with some wit to tackle the most difficult content and geting their stuff even after a relatively short time in D3. Most of them still continue to play the game.

I don't think that people will run away just because they got the items they wanted. If the rest of the gameplay is still good. So if a lot of people simply leave the game because they found the item that is necessary to play the build they want ... than maybe the issue is deeper. Just saying. With the auction house for example you could literaly buy everything you wanted. And some people did it. They still played the game. Because they liked the gameplay. At least somewhat. Making everything a gambling simulation though is in my opinion what drives many people crazy. Just as what Tias said very nicely.
05/22/2015 07:26 AMPosted by MissCheetah
1. They want to control end game progression. If a player completes what they want quickly then the game is over for that player. There is no more reason to play.

Am I reading this right?
So you mean specific drops are weighted AGAINST us for the sake of prolonging game-play?

So it's not that some of us are unlucky, or not trying hard enough, it's that the game doesn't feel like we've wasted enough time to actually "play our way." Who knew the tin-foil-hat wearers had it right all along?

Like I said, that point had to have been written wrong, that or I'm still retarded and can't seem to get it into proper context...
lol the tin foil hat wearers knew they had it right all along,

you shoulda listened!!!!
05/23/2015 11:36 AMPosted by Ajarat
Am I reading this right?
So you mean specific drops are weighted AGAINST us for the sake of prolonging game-play?

YES you are reading it right set items in the game have a % chance to drop and that chance is controlled within the mathematical algorithm. Some items may have a 67% chance to drop and other items like Star Metal Kuruki for WD Was 1.67 % (think its a little higher now). So it's plain BS tbh.

I don't mind a rare rare item being like 25% chance to drop and a normal leg that is crap being 80% but the system they use now WORKS AGAINST A PLAYERS FUN. Why should Mr Paragon 30 find a top level item that Mr Paragon 650 + hasn't. Your not rewarded for time played in this game what so ever, ITS ALL LUCK. Where on the box did it say "Luck is required to enjoy this game" ???
05/23/2015 07:03 AMPosted by TheTias
Satisfaction comes from overcoming a challenge or earning something through skill and dedication. It does not come from being constantly dealt loser tickets in a lottery system.

This is very true and its also the Reasons why Seasons is so dull and will fail more and more after each passing season.

The way i see it the Dev's have two options. (I'm sure they'd say no their is an option 3, so i added it)

1) If they want Seasons to work then they need to remove the weighted leg drops, or increase them some but make it so they can't roll bad anymore.

2) Remove seasons, keep making legs with each patch and keep the way legs drop the way they are.

Or

3) The Developers barley play the game and don't see a problem so they will leave everything the way it is and ignore the problem.

Whats sad is that Option 3 will be the Developers go to Option. Look at their track record. Seriously how is it that we still don't have the option to Increase our Mouse Pointers Size, or change the Pointer's color. Everyone has begged for this since D3 launched yet the developers don't do anything about it. The only explanation is that they barley play the game so to them its a Non-Issue just like everything else in D3.
So when an item drops it roles on a table that works as

Type of item
Level of item, as in White, blue Legendary, Set item etc
Roles to see if it's ancient
Role for stats on item

And each one of those roles has a % chance at X Y or Z. So as you can see it's not just RNG it's multiple levels of RNG on everything. The only thing that does not require RNG in D3 is you buying it.

LAZY and an unfair system that Blizzard uses because they SOLD OUT to Activision who would seli there mother for a $. Blizzard these days is a shadow of the company that made great games like StarCraft and Diablo.
05/23/2015 11:55 AMPosted by mat82284
3) The Developers barley play the game and don't see a problem so they will leave everything the way it is and ignore the problem.

Whats sad is that Option 3 will be the Developers go to Option. Look at their track record. Seriously how is it that we still don't have the option to Increase our Mouse Pointers Size, or change the Pointer's color. Everyone has begged for this since D3 launched yet the developers don't do anything about it. The only explanation is that they barley play the game so to them its a Non-Issue just like everything else in D3.

So true it makes me cry...............
reminder that weighted rng != rng. nothing random about having a 99% chance to get pox faulds when im trying to get a set piece
05/23/2015 07:39 AMPosted by obijonkenobi
When people are complaining about RNG, they are not complaining about lack of content, etc.
This is how blizz plays the players.