Can i play Solo without being penalized already?

General Discussion
1 2 3 25 Next
Highly Rated
Groups already benefit from being a GROUP with shared support buffs and reduced monster HP (technically), being able to ress party members, sharing LOOT, list goes on. So why do you give them even get FURTHER benefits from grouping up via that Strength in numbers buff?

This has been crippling solo players before, but its just ridiculous right now, because it wasn't this big of an issue back in season 1 and 2, why? because right now with the new sets being far more powerful than anything in both season 1 and 2, you can push way higher Grift level tiers than before, and so the XP gain from these Grifts skyrocketed, and when you add Strength in numbers on top of that, it only helped in furthering the gap between solo players group players in the form of HUNDREDS of paragon level in difference.

Strength in numbers were added way back when even efficiently farming T6 was quite a challenge for many classes, and now that the breakpoints have been pushed by double or triple the amounts, this buff has to change or GO AWAY all together, at the least it should only be a magic find buff, remove the bonus XP part.

I don't wanna play multiplayer, this should be a choice as this is not an MMO, nor is it a MOBA, i wanna fire up the game, setback relax and enjoy the game, i don't wanna chat or communicate for the entirety of the experience, sure its fun to party up here and there, but it shouldn't be a REQUIRED to go anywhere level wise, like it is at this point.. fix it please.
You're not being punished for playing solo, you're being rewarded for playing in groups. If you really want to "sit back and relax" then quit worrying and whining about group buffs
Highly Rated
05/26/2015 12:08 AMPosted by SuperChuj69
You're not being punished for playing solo, you're being rewarded for playing in groups. If you really want to "sit back and relax" then quit worrying and whining about group buffs

Going on a gutshot, 95% of Diablo players throughout history have been single players who occassionally dabble into MP with their friends. Group play is not the norm, it's the exception. The vast majority of people who bought D1, D2 and D3 (millions of players) played mostly single player, and never even ventured into battle.net.

If they did, it was because a friend asked them to party up with them.
Highly Rated
I think this is a perfectly reasonable request, there is no reason to be miles behind your friends in paragon because you prefer to play solo most the time.

The very large divide in experience between solo and group play shouldn't exist.
Blizzard has always penalized solo players to encourage group play. D2, even more so. It is not going to change any time soon no matter how many players ask for the change.
If you play solo why the heck should you care what group's are getting.. You by your own admission you don't get online so I fail to see where it matters what the rest of the population is doing. Go play in your own little world.
I think they have admitted this problem in some topics while ago, they are "gathering feedback", so probably a half-arsed solution will be comming in one year or so, or maybe just in next expansion, like always from Diablo3 development team (and the "okay" solution is even further away).
Barbs don't do well in groups.

Barbs top the leader boards solo.

It's the hand we are dealt for now.
Multiplayer has a large disadvantage..... unity + immortal follower doesn't work there... so usually you take +100% damage while in multiplayer (and yep, it should be fixed/changed)...
05/26/2015 01:01 AMPosted by Alukat
Multiplayer has a large disadvantage..... unity + immortal follower doesn't work there... so usually you take +100% damage while in multiplayer (and yep, it should be fixed/changed)...

*Looking at solo GR leader board*, *looking at 4 man GR leader board*, *looking at your comment*... /trollface, "Multiplayer has a large disadvantage"
05/26/2015 01:04 AMPosted by Bless

*Looking at solo GR leader board*, *looking at 4 man GR leader board*, *looking at your comment*... /trollface, "Multiplayer has a large disadvantage"

*looking at build diversity* Multiplayer has a large disadvantage
05/26/2015 01:01 AMPosted by Alukat

Nah, Multiplayer can have a person in the party that can permanently stun/disable the monsters.

Better than unity + immortal follower as long as it can be done successfully.
05/26/2015 01:11 AMPosted by Eternity
Nah, Multiplayer can have a person in the party that can permanently stun/disable the monsters.

isn't that going to be removed?
is this some MMO where you have to have certain roles in your group instead of an ARPG with mixing everything possible?
05/25/2015 11:45 PMPosted by Odin
this is not an MMO

aah .... aaha... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
05/26/2015 01:00 AMPosted by Virtueboy
Barbs don't do well in groups.

Barbs top the leader boards solo.

It's the hand we are dealt for now.

I'd like to know what leaderboards Barb top.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/3/rift-barbarian
Top Barb: 58

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/3/rift-dh
Top DH: 62
Slightly on subject, but why has the party size still not been jumped to 6 players?
05/26/2015 07:03 AMPosted by Insano
Slightly on subject, but why has the party size still not been jumped to 6 players?

Consoles only get 4 controllers.
to be honest if you want to play solo you don't really care about racing or competing even in real life big success requires teamwork.
If you play solo why do you care about what happens in group play? Just go about your business.