Can i play Solo without being penalized already?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 25 Next
Plus frickin ONE to you, sir (glad I'm seeing some intelligent posts in the forums lately). As a mainly solo player, due to flexibility of being able to pause at any moment, I feel your pain. I hate how if I'm playing with just one other person, drops seem to rain from the sky.
05/25/2015 11:45 PMPosted by Odin
remove the bonus XP part.
So I shouldn't get my group bonus because you're not getting it? This is like when one of my kids complains that the other kid got a cookie and they didn't. They think that it's best if nobody gets a cookie.

However, in the interest in finding a solution that helps everyone, just make the exp buff a permanent part of the game for everyone. There doesn't need to be an icon, it's just part of the game. Getting rid of it would be a step backwards.
+1 as I end up playing solo most of the time.

I don't think the answer is to penalize group play. Leave it as is.

Rather I think something can be done with followers.

- Change their stats so they are similar to a player
- Allow players to fully gear them. Then players can outfit them with more XP gear i.e. Cains set.
- Allow generic legendary/set bonuses to apply to followers (non class specific items).
- Allow players to hire all the three of them at once but adjust monster strength just like group play.
- Rework Ashera's set or remove it
- Allow Unity but only on your first hireling just like Ashera's does

So net result would be like playing in a group but it is 3 AIs that are helping you. You gain XP bonus from their gear albeit at 25% of face value if you choose to outfit them that way.
I think it would be nice if there were a set of solo leaderboards that included solo players that have never played a minute of multiplayer.

I know, you'll all go nuts here, cause that's what you all do, but it's way to easy to group yourself up to do a 50+ Grift, then go play a solo game and get ranked way up there.

For someone who does EVERYTHING on their own, no swapping, no power leveling, no speed runs, etc, a true solo leaderboard would be something to shoot for.

Yeah, it will never happen. Whatever, It's just a thought.
05/26/2015 04:11 PMPosted by Primate
05/25/2015 11:45 PMPosted by Odin
remove the bonus XP part.
So I shouldn't get my group bonus because you're not getting it? This is like when one of my kids complains that the other kid got a cookie and they didn't. They think that it's best if nobody gets a cookie.

The thing is that this has spiralled out of control, and now we're not just talking about one cookie anymore, but a dozen. When there was one, no-one really gave a chit.

Now it's basically too late to give soloing players buffs to put them on par with group play, meaning that for it to work, some power, that shouldn't have been given in the first place, needs to be removed. I'm sorry, but that's really the only way to deal with the issue.
I agree with OP. Is one of the reasons I quit this game and I advice everyone to do the same. There are better games out there than this empty addiction.
bump
05/26/2015 04:46 PMPosted by ShadowShot70
solo leaderboards that included solo players that have never played a minute of multiplayer

yes plz
05/26/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Gravy
If you play solo why do you care about what happens in group play? Just go about your business.

It affects SOLO LEADERBOARD
I still don't understand why everyone is crying about having buffs for single player. The only benefit of playing solo is that you can complete a Greater Rift and increase your Blood Shards. Diablo is an AARPG, a Dungeon Crawler, a game in which you can play solo but can easily strive in group play. All drops are RNG anyways, so that won't change anything. Magic Find is pointless now with the addition of Paragon so your RNG remains the same. Some are blessed by the RNG gods, some are shunned. Ok, so you get more exp being in groups, you can still get the same T6 boost, use a Ruby in a Leoric's Crown, etc. Gaining a buff just for playing solo is like having sex to keep your virginity in tact...pointless in my opinion.
05/27/2015 09:11 AMPosted by SkullXBones
Gaining a buff just for playing solo is like having sex to keep your virginity in tact...pointless in my opinion.

That is seriously one of the dumbest analogies I have ever heard.
05/27/2015 09:11 AMPosted by SkullXBones
Gaining a buff just for playing solo is like having sex to keep your virginity in tact...pointless in my opinion

Your analogy is...pointless in my opinion why is there SOLO leaderboards? people with over 1k paragons rank 70 gems :D
Most people who play solo most of the time including myself probably don't have the time to group up everyday and gain huge xp bonuses. Its obviously natural for some players who nolife it to have an advantage over the casuals or players limited in time but the paragons and gem levels hurt solo leaderboards.

There's no way you can compete with 1400 paragon with 70+ lvl gems. They put in the work, understandably but something has to change to even the playing field for solo players. But Vres made a good point and that its probably too late for an issue like this.
Solo play is about proving your skills..

;)
05/26/2015 12:21 AMPosted by President
05/26/2015 12:08 AMPosted by SuperChuj69
You're not being punished for playing solo, you're being rewarded for playing in groups. If you really want to "sit back and relax" then quit worrying and whining about group buffs

Going on a gutshot, 95% of Diablo players throughout history have been single players who occassionally dabble into MP with their friends. Group play is not the norm, it's the exception. The vast majority of people who bought D1, D2 and D3 (millions of players) played mostly single player, and never even ventured into battle.net.

If they did, it was because a friend asked them to party up with them.

This. Public games were always a cesspool. They are actually much better in D3 than in the past. With so many different play styles and degrees of player intensity (for lack of a better word) public games are very hit or miss.

Diablo for me was always solo or with friends on the LAN. Battle.net was viewed as a neat but totally unnecessary feature that in practice was avoided. Given a little anonymity and lack of consequence too many people fall quickly into douchebaggery - and this is readily observable in public games.
I like playing solo and group. But a mediocre group is still far more rewarding in terms of drops and paragon experience than solo can hope to be.

The group not only kills faster - but there is a bonus applied to all xp and loot drops. I do think group play should be more powerful - but not to the point that an hour of group play = 3 hours of solo.
05/26/2015 04:44 PMPosted by GatElttab
+1 as I end up playing solo most of the time.

I don't think the answer is to penalize group play. Leave it as is.

Rather I think something can be done with followers.

- Change their stats so they are similar to a player
- Allow players to fully gear them. Then players can outfit them with more XP gear i.e. Cains set.
- Allow generic legendary/set bonuses to apply to followers (non class specific items).
- Allow players to hire all the three of them at once but adjust monster strength just like group play.
- Rework Ashera's set or remove it
- Allow Unity but only on your first hireling just like Ashera's does

So net result would be like playing in a group but it is 3 AIs that are helping you. You gain XP bonus from their gear albeit at 25% of face value if you choose to outfit them that way.

I signed in just to post this about followers, but you beat me to the punch.
I seriously hope this gets implemented.
Cheers to you!