Can i play Solo without being penalized already?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 25 Next
05/26/2015 06:56 AMPosted by Shivera
05/26/2015 01:00 AMPosted by Virtueboy
Barbs don't do well in groups.

Barbs top the leader boards solo.

It's the hand we are dealt for now.

I'd like to know what leaderboards Barb top.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/3/rift-barbarian
Top Barb: 58

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/3/rift-dh
Top DH: 62

the barb leaderboards

silly goose

in regards to OP might as well wait next season and hope it will be better

this season is a joke now
+1 OP

This is one of my few major problems with the game.
Been a strict solo player since shortly after RoS came out.

Don't bother me that everyone that groups is higher paragon / higher rifts.

I look at it like a reward.

Look what I did without any hand holding or hugging. (not saying grouping is wrong or anything of the sort Just my play style)

But I agree there is a Gap between solo players and groups In a MMO I say this is correct and should be.

However this isn't a MMO.

Really not sure how to fix the gap without causing everyone that grouped before to suddenly solo.

Players X command for solo? but with reduced rewards / monster buff?
05/26/2015 12:08 AMPosted by SuperChuj69
You're not being punished for playing solo, you're being rewarded for playing in groups. If you really want to "sit back and relax" then quit worrying and whining about group buffs

Man, -31 post score as I quote this and rising... How does it feel to be wrong?
Welcome to the 21st century, were every company tries to force multi-player down your throat. I have enough human contact in real life at work and with friends. I just want to play this game by myself without feeling like I'm being screwed over by playing by myself.

This isn't an MMO or a MOBA game, stop trying to make it one. If I wanted a mulitplayer game, I would play World or WarCraft or Heroes of the Storm.

Also, while you're at it, make this game offline too.
05/26/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Gravy
If you play solo why do you care about what happens in group play? Just go about your business.

Glad you brought that up, I was just waiting for a person to say that. Here is a quick video of something that pretty much every college in the USA shows for basic management skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KSryJXDpZo

Consider yourself educated in Human Resources 101. Your certificate should arrive in the mail shortly.
05/26/2015 12:59 AMPosted by Karvi
If you play solo why the heck should you care what group's are getting.. You by your own admission you don't get online so I fail to see where it matters what the rest of the population is doing. Go play in your own little world.

It does matter. Whether you understand it or not, solo players do not get anywhere near the quantity and/or quality of drops that groups get.

And that impacts the level you can play at. And more than that, it impacts your progression into the torment levels, and the rewards that group drops get in those levels.

I play solo all the time - medical reasons - and can testify to this. It's a fact that has been well established by most solo players.

Just a few weeks ago, I decided to quit D3 for the second time. From reading the forums, it seemed that there had been some nice improvements made in the game, and I decided to come back. However, after spending hundreds of hours running Act 1 and/or Act 3 over and over is so boring I just can't handle it anymore. And getting 1 or two legendaries during a 4-hour play session, items that barely were an upgrade (and most of the time not) just couldn't keep my interest anymore.
05/26/2015 08:30 AMPosted by Flaco
You have NO CHANCE to compete in the solo leaderboards if don't play 4-man most of the time.

That's
friggin
dumb.

Good point
After what happened to wow when the antisocial aspergers crowd got catered to, the only thing I have to say is: Just go play Skyrim already FFS.
05/27/2015 10:02 PMPosted by OmegaDonut
After what happened to wow when the antisocial aspergers crowd got catered to, the only thing I have to say is: Just go play Skyrim already FFS.

The idea that xp grinding with three other paragon desperate people is somehow a social experience that should be the norm and rewarded more than playing the game solo is quite entertaining.
05/27/2015 05:41 PMPosted by Sinbreaker
05/26/2015 07:34 AMPosted by Gravy
If you play solo why do you care about what happens in group play? Just go about your business.

Glad you brought that up, I was just waiting for a person to say that. Here is a quick video of something that pretty much every college in the USA shows for basic management skills:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KSryJXDpZo

Consider yourself educated in Human Resources 101. Your certificate should arrive in the mail shortly.

Okay. So solo players are all a bunch of jealous monkeys? That's what linking to the video insinuates.

I play a mix of solo/team. I used to pure solo, but then I wanted some interaction and now I do a blend of both. Playing solo has never felt like I've been given a cucumber instead of a grape. It feels like I'm earning everything myself, and I'm doing well for that.

Although I've never been the type of person to submit my "Hi-Score" online. I've always used my own local score as a measure of my progress against myself. There's no way I could ever put in the time necessary for those top rankings. (This is for games in general. I know D3 technically submits my rankings online, but I never expect it to be in the top 1,000.)

----

The "solution" isn't to adjust loot and exp balance, if people are boo-hooing about group play bonuses. If you want to play purely solo and not worry about seeing the other monkeys get tastier treats, then people should be pushing for "Solo" characters, like @kcbandit first suggested on page 2. They'd have their own leaderboards, but all social features (group play, clans, communities) are disabled.

If you want to close the gap between your solo toons and multiplayer toons on the current servers, you have the choice to play multiplayer. Staunchly refusing to take advantage of a game mechanic is an absolutely terrible reason for the developers to add new mechanics such as single-player buffs.
05/27/2015 10:02 PMPosted by OmegaDonut

Look what happen to d3 when began "play our way, or the highway?"

Just think b4 u post alrdy FFS
05/27/2015 11:28 PMPosted by CreationEdge
If you want to close the gap between your solo toons and multiplayer toons on the current servers, you have the choice to play multiplayer
So in order to not being spit in the face I have to bow to do whatever the devs want me to do?

The concept is quite simple: playing in group already makes the game a joke, on top of that you get uber rewarded for playing the easy way.

Why don't I play multiplayer then? Because I'm no longer 15 and I need to pause the game once in a while and go AFK.
Apparently I get to be mocked in my free time just because I have other things to do apart from playing.

EDIT:
I think I just found what we solo players suffer from :P http://i.imgur.com/qMQrXMr.png
I agree:

- since the anniversary event I have only played solo. I´ve found more than 200 legendary items, only 2 (!) of them were ancient. No ancient set items even after thousands of shards and several dozen GRifts 40-46. I´m losing my motivation to play. (barbarian only at the moment non season)

- drop rates in single player games have significantly decreased compared to 4 player groups.

- exp gained from playing solo is ridiculous compared to 4 man parties.
05/26/2015 12:32 AMPosted by progenitorei
I think this is a perfectly reasonable request, there is no reason to be miles behind your friends in paragon because you prefer to play solo most the time.

The very large divide in experience between solo and group play shouldn't exist.

This is also partially because early in the season people group up with their friends or clan mates and are able to push greater rift levels much farther early on than a solo player...completing GR 40 on day 2 in a group of 4 players is much much easier than completing GR 40 as a solo player on day 2. Thus, they get more paragon, more loot, etc.
1 of the many reasons i stopped :(
Blizz likes imbalance in their games, for example;

- I like to play solo -> punishment compared to multi player (less xp, less loot, and most importantly NO TRADE!)
- I like to play Monk -> worst class since release so i can not compete with other classes (my rewards are lower then the others -> less loot, lower BS cap, lower BS's, lower gems, etc.)
- I like to play 1 class only -> Smart loot disagrees so i lose 15% loot compared to others
- I like to go into the world (instead of staying in town, who creates a game that revolves about staying in town?!) and play/farm the acts -> VERY low drop rates so must do Grifts (very limiting game play)
- I like to play "how" i want, with that set or those weapons or those items or even those skills -> there is always 1 set (of skills) that will rule them all with a HUG amount!

This and other things make this game so limiting, you play that class with that set (of skills) with those 3 other classes and do greater rifts and you will own, the rest is basically not worth the trouble......
Except for times I play along side my brother, I always play solo. I'm not a " typer ", I'm not into facebook or twitter, I hate talking on the phone, or writing letters. Not much in to e-mail either. Well I will talk on the phone to certain people. I know sometimes when I join my brother and one of his friends will join, I'll play a while then just log off. The only people I had no problems playing with were our " WOW guild members " when I was still playing WOW last year, but then WOD screwed that game up big time !!!!!!!!!
05/28/2015 01:03 AMPosted by Deus
So in order to not being spit in the face I have to bow to do whatever the devs want me to do?

The concept is quite simple: playing in group already makes the game a joke, on top of that you get uber rewarded for playing the easy way.

Why don't I play multiplayer then? Because I'm no longer 15 and I need to pause the game once in a while and go AFK.
Apparently I get to be mocked in my free time just because I have other things to do apart from playing.

No matter how much you bemoan your situation, you're not a victim. As someone else said, group players are rewarded, you're not being penalized.

And using limited time as an argument isn't a good excuse. Most activities in groups take less time to complete than they do solo, and the worst that happens if you go AFK in town between rifts/bounties is that you get booted from the game.

I've managed to play multiplayer while working full-time and/or part-time while going to college full-time while tending a newborn (and now a toddler and a newborn), and still managing to do everything else I normally do.

I've found out something amazing during my experience: people understand the phrase "brb".
Deleted
05/27/2015 11:28 PMPosted by CreationEdge
If you want to close the gap between your solo toons and multiplayer toons on the current servers, you have the choice to play multiplayer. Staunchly refusing to take advantage of a game mechanic is an absolutely terrible reason for the developers to add new mechanics such as single-player buffs.

Or they could just make the 2 modes a bit closer than the current cavernous gap?

Balancing the game better isn't an unreasonable request. Whether is happens via nerf or buff I really don't care, but the difference is in fact large- too large IMO, to the point it feels punitive if you are aware of just how large the gap happens to be... which was really the point of the OP and the monkey video analogy (well really it was to show that non-human species also have some of the same basic feelings of 'morality' - equality or being angered at the lack of it more specifically, in this case- but that's not completely relevant to this thread).