This game doesnt start at level 70....

General Discussion
...It starts when you have the 6p set bonus.

In my opinion the game is at its worst point in d3s history.

Not only is 1-70 leveling meaningless, but they also achieved it to create a mindset to the players -> everything pre 6p overpowered setbonus meaningles. The characters feel ridiculous weak and suddenly overpowered when they have those bonuses (which literally buff certain skills for 5000%). There is no real progression in this game.

At this point the gearing process is pretty much finished and then the real game starts (speedgrifting and grift fishing). The only thing to upgrade now is the ancient version of those items.

Its so mind boggeling. Everything in this game should be exactly vice versa.

- Gear(=RNG) shouldnt dicate the build, the build should dicate the gear.

- Finished gearing processed shouldnt be the start of the game but the end of the game (and shouldnt be reached after 2 days in the season lol). After that you should be able to trade and get wealthy.

- Game should start at level 1 and not at max level. There shouldnt be a thing like a max level that can be reached in 6 hours. It should be 1-100 (where 100 should take months and months of playing). Every level should be meaningful.

- At the endgame you should feel stronger, not weaker than ever before (GR needs perma CC, your defense means nothing and you need more time to kill enemies then ever before. A little bee oneshots your characterwith BiS items. = Your character feels weaker than ever before)

They said the reason why they removed trading is because every item you traded would take away a fun time of your journey to the setbonus and it would remove time where you have fun finding that item.

The thing is though, this game isnt fun before you have the 6p bonus. 99% of the players want to skip 1-70 and pre 6p Setbonus.

And after you have the bonus, the game is fun for a couple of hours but oneshotting enemies in T6 is getting boring really fast and GR fishing is also stupid. So idk what else to say, this game design is just mind boggling to me.

Opinions?
05/24/2015 04:05 AMPosted by Stonesinger
Finished gearing processed shouldnt be the start of the game but the end of the game

If there's nothing to do with a geared character then why gear it in the first place?

Gear should be the price of admission for the endgame... it shouldn't be the endgame.
Your wrong on some points. The game does start below 70 on the first week 1/2 of every season.
This game doesnt start at level 70...
...It starts when you have the 6p set bonus.

In my opinion the game is at its worst point in d3s history.

Not only is 1-70 leveling meaningless, but they also achieved it to create a mindset to the players -> everything pre 6p overpowered setbonus meaningles. The characters feel ridiculous weak and suddenly overpowered when they have those bonuses. There is no real progression in this game.

Unfortunately this is true as of current. I really can't think of a worse time throughout the last three years. Even the Original Inferno and the times of the auction house seem more fun to me than the current situation.
It should be 1-100 (where 100 should take months and months of playing). Every level should be meaningful.

I don't exactly agree with this particular point though.
In D2:LoD you can reach 80 after few days of solo play, going through all the three difficulties without any external help. Then few days later of solo play and you'll be 86 and you'll be at the point where(or was it 87) where you'll effectively be of equal or higher level to the monsters. At this point, you didn't really need to level further.
You could go for 99, and yes, it would take you longer. I never bothered to.

Point is, you should be able to reach a reasonable level within several days. It shouldn't take you months.
What youre asking is patch 1.0.8.

The current state of the game is the combination of all complaints within the span of 2-3 years. Nobody or a lot of the player base does not want to play 1-70 act 1,2,3,4,5 over and over. Yes T6 is soo boring and non-rewarding and i agree that they should do something about it. GRs is for bragging rights and currently the #1 place for XP farming.
If you really want to grind for levels that badly, just focus on the paragon level number. You can grind all you want, and there will be no end.

I think getting to level 70 is too long without power leveling.
They also made campaign mode meaningless...
Not only is 1-70 leveling meaningless, but they also achieved it to create a mindset to the players -> everything pre 6p overpowered setbonus meaningles. The characters feel ridiculous weak and suddenly overpowered when they have those bonuses (which literally buff certain skills for 5000%). There is no real progression in this game.

Feel the opposite really. The game nears its end when you have a full set. Because of how strong those sets are.

People will always have a mindset that only perfect gear is what matters. No matter if it is harmful to the experience.

"Patching" peoples mindset is pretty damn hard. Although not impossible necessarily.

- Gear(=RNG) shouldnt dicate the build, the build should dicate the gear.

Well, it will always have to go both ways. A build without supporting items will be less effective. Items without a supporting build will be less effective.

But currently sets are too narrow. Focused on a few attacks. All sets should be more open-ended like Tal Rasha or Akkhan.
Imagine if you could go "I want to make a multishot DH or a frozen orb Wizard" and then have multiple different sets (or no set at all) which all could be used with such builds, through different playstyles.
The sets themselves should not make multishot or orb stronger, but rather facilitate gameply in which they could be used. Like the difference between spamming lots of orbs with lower dmg, vs fewer orbs of high dmg. Or being able to attack while moving, vs being stationary doing more dmg and higher toughness. Supporting playstyles rather than individual skills.

Preferably class sets should be 4-part sets (still with 7+ pieces), so the sets makes up less of your full gearing process as well.
05/24/2015 05:18 AMPosted by pattycake
What youre asking is patch 1.0.8.

The current state of the game is the combination of all complaints within the span of 2-3 years. Nobody or a lot of the player base does not want to play 1-70 act 1,2,3,4,5 over and over. Yes T6 is soo boring and non-rewarding and i agree that they should do something about it. GRs is for bragging rights and currently the #1 place for XP farming.

I doubt forum crybabies have any real influence on the course of this game.

If they do tho, that's horrible. 90% of posters here are clueless and would buff everything and never nerf anything leading to even more power creep and simplification of the game.

Release d3 wasn't that bad. All they needed to do was to buff drop rates so that inferno is not mandatory for farming, rebalance skill's damage output, redesign itemization so that there are no useless stats and give legendary items unique properties. I am sure they would have finished until today and the game wouldn't still be half finished with major changes on the way.
Feel the opposite really. The game nears its end when you have a full set.

So every time you played D2 and you decked out a character, the game ended?
Or you've never played that one?
Why make these posts? What is the mindset? If you don't like the game just quit and stop posting. If you do like it, play the game and post questions or discuss builds.

Either way, do these you enjoy. But if you enjoy posting crap, then stop.
05/24/2015 10:58 AMPosted by kcbandit
Why make these posts? What is the mindset? If you don't like the game just quit and stop posting. If you do like it, play the game and post questions or discuss builds.

It's called a critique. It comes from people, who clearly know plenty about Action RPGs and see the flaws in the game.
On the other hand there are the devs, people who didn't create this franchise (it was created by other people) and clearly have big gaps in their understanding of the genre.
People post their critiques and concerns with the hope, that the devs will look into it and make the game better.

The current situation with the set bonuses is a relatively recent addition.
At the start of RoS, there were alternatives to some of the class sets. For example, a DH with a Cindercoat, Blackthorne, Magefist (and maybe some other pieces I can't think of right now) did very well compared to the Marauder. Probably even better, which caused Blizzard to nerf the build by putting cooldown to Preparation: Punishment. Then Marauder was left as the only option.

They also nerfed a whole bunch of other builds throughout the first few months of this expansion, which left the class sets as the only option.
Nowadays it truly feels as if the game starts when you assemble one of these sets (and not just any set, it has to be one of the new or updated versions). It can take less than a day, it can take weeks at a time. The moment you assemble one of these, you turn from a zero to hero. There's waay too big of a gap between the performance when playing with one of these set bonuses and playing without them.
The OP is unhappy about it, so he is taking the time to post. So am I.

Finally, it's not you who should decide whether the OP has the right to post critiques or should quit the game. If you don't like feedback, then just close the thread and don't read it.
People post their critiques and concerns with the hope, that the devs will look into it and make the game better.

If they havn't done this in the last 3 years, why should they start with it now? I think realisticaly the changes you saw with RoS are the most you can expect. And if that is not enough? Well ... there is not much you can do really.
05/24/2015 11:43 AMPosted by CrniVuk
Sorry to burst your bubble but the devs don't care about OPs "critique".
Sorry if you guys have given up all hope.
In any case, the OP is free to post. If you get annoyed, perhaps you should not read.
If you're satisfied with the game, perhaps you should play it, instead of going on them forums to get validation as to how good the game is.

If they havn't done this in the last 3 years, why should they start with it now? I think realisticaly the changes you saw with RoS are the most you can expect. And if that is not enough? Well ... there is not much you can do really.

It is the opposite. The developers have been listening to the critiques. It made the game into what it is now.

If you don't like how it is now, you can only blame the community in the past that has been pushing for certain features and/or changes.

It is the opposite. The developers have been listening to the critiques. It made the game into what it is now.

If you don't like how it is now, you can only blame the community in the past that has been pushing for certain features and/or changes.

No one asked for BoA. People asked for removing the auction houses and make selffound a bit more viable.

No one asked for GR scaling to the point where everthing is oneshot.

Thing is ..when blizzard makes changes, they just go to the exact opposite extreme...
05/24/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Noxifer
Feel the opposite really. The game nears its end when you have a full set.

So every time you played D2 and you decked out a character, the game ended?
Or you've never played that one?

Kinda yeah. Then it was time for another char.
The end-game isn't really interesting enough currently to hold its own.
05/24/2015 04:38 AMPosted by Psychologic
Finished gearing processed shouldnt be the start of the game but the end of the game

If there's nothing to do with a geared character then why gear it in the first place?

Gear should be the price of admission for the endgame... it shouldn't be the endgame.

Because chasing the bunny brings more fun that having it.
i will never have to grind act 3 campaign again. i'm satisfied with that